Season 1 Classical Luna 9 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
ForlanceAbice
Group Admin

Considering that I doubt there will be anyone on this site that will even read my rambling, I shall take solace in the safety of no retribution on my opinions here alone.
Pfff.

But on the off chance you do stumble upon this post, I suggest you beat a hasty retreat.
There is nothing valuable worthy of reading to an aspiring author, reader, or what have you here.
Nothing but the bitter discontentment of a writer.

Pfft. Fanon. How I used to love it so, now of which I hate with a bloody passion.
First the fandom used it as a lure to draw me in, then they just fucked it up tenfold and trapped me in a perpetual cycle of bickering and rancid comments on others profiles.
Why doesn't the site just simply purge the content of obsolete fanon?
If we're so intent on staying true to canon, then we should purge the site of filth and garbage that is fanon.

If it is rendered obsolete and considered unusable, then we shouldn't be giving any ideas to any whom may stumble upon old dregs and what not.

1722228 Whoa now. Where did you get the idea that old fanon is unusuable? Haven't you heard of AUs? They don't give a fig about the parts of canon they don't like - they just do their own thing. Anyone who whines about it is just being selfish - don't listen to them. Simple as that.

ForlanceAbice
Group Admin

And back to the idle banter of insanity that is my thoughts.
Whoop de barking do.

:facehoof: I feel so utterly barren, void of any worth, yet the specific reason eludes me.
Fanon, why have I developed an attachment so?
Why did I even take the plunge into it?
I know not why.

Why do I care? Just a bunch of stupid ponies that may or may have not invested me into enthralling tales and allowed me to be expressive...

Then content that was once valid dies off into oblivion. Lost to the echos of time.
Concepts that used to be the course now fade from the eye of the public..
So why does it torment me so?

It shouldn't, being oh so petty drawl.
Yet I drown in apathetic despair.
Am I so petty and pathetic?
Probably so. Thus why I am here in this group.
Alone. Nobody to confer to with my feelings and thoughts without the cruel whip of retribution.
Such as fate. Irrelevant and needless, to the point of being the subject of scorn and leery critic.

Is there even point to writing fanon, only for it to die shortly afterwards?
Why not spare the thought and small anguish of it? Better to be safe than sorry.
Passion is useless. Hope is a lie. To fight this futile battle further is pointless.
Yet for reasons unknown to the logical mind, I continue to spew petty banter.
So what does that make me? Should I just go to a robotic state of pure, cold calculations?
Was there any point?

An answer that shall elude me forevermore.
Oh how I wish I had it so.

ForlanceAbice
Group Admin

... Note to self, check the group membership more closely next time.
Well, how do I respond to this?

Well... The reasons for this thread's existence is difficult to explain, for the ideas and ideals I hold are very abstract and hard to word.

AU does exist, true. But there are elements of fanon that just seem to peter off, then disappear like it never existed in the first place.

I founded this group for the sole purpose of preserving and continuing the fanon element of the Season 1 Luna of the 2011 era.

Yet that effort seems to be mostly in vain.
And here I am, being the tragic, woeful whiner of all things mournful.
I know not why I complain, at least from a logical standpoint. But then again, the inconsistencies of the fandom have worn me down asunder.

Only here, I have an outlet to release those pent up frustrations without the fear of retribution and scorn.

Yet you are here.
May I ask why? :rainbowhuh:

1722432 Because I think Season One Luna deserves more attention than she's received. "Luna Eclipsed" just doesn't compute as far as characterization goes, at least to my biased mind. The change in appearance doesn't bother me - she was away for quite some time, presumably regaining her power. But why would she go from that meek, cute little filly to some overblown, exaggerated figure spewing Old English at deafening volume? In what way does "I'm so sorry! I missed you so much, big sister!" lead to...gah, I can't even type it. I love Shakespeare, but the inconsistency just smacks. What the heck, show writers? :rainbowhuh:

So, does that answer your question in any part?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5