Spot on.
:eeyup:

Jake The Army Guy
Group Contributor

Exactly. :ajsmug:

Also, Zaid should have been "Punching Bag."

JustAnotherTimeLord
Group Contributor

The ancient pronunciations are the most interesting to me. It makes things fit with the overall theme of this adventure.

Zaid ValRoa
Group Contributor

It's actually pronounced "Zah-eed" but I--Oh...
:ajbemused:

World Builder
Group Contributor

4386943 Thanks! Considering the source of the words themselves, I figured just mashing up some vaguely Scandinavianish sounds was the right way to go. :trollestia:

4387052 Ah drats, got that one wrong then. I assumed it was from the Arabic root, which the baby name dictionaries seemed to say is pronouced "zayde". "Zah-eed" sounds cool, though.

AppleTank
Group Contributor

Heard Lassie was pronouced "Lass-air-eon"

Shipmun
Group Contributor

I pronounce these so American. With hard consonants and slurring. Rather boring actually.

I like your pronunciations better. Never going to use them though, because I can't change my ways now. :trixieshiftright:

Lightning Bearer
Group Contributor

I've always pronounced "Xona" as "shona", as per the Chinese X (more or less). I don't know why I made that decision, but I thought it sounded better than "ksona".

Even so, this is pretty cool. I especially liked the ancient pronunciations.

World Builder
Group Contributor

4388103 'Tis cool. My Trottingham accent's pretty immutable too. :twilightsmile:

4388268 That's a really nifty idea. Now you mention it, I think I like it better as "shona" too.

Silver Flare
Group Contributor

I love it. We need more guides like this one. I'm also a fan of the ancient pronunciations: hearing it spoken brings depth to an already deep universe.

Although you may have mispronounced 'Twilight Spookle.'

KMCA
Group Contributor

1:09 Holy shit, someone actually knows how to say it right.

I'm actually surprised to hell by that. I honestly can't remember the last time it was pronounced correctly the first time someone tried it. Especially since it's not quite pronounced in the traditional Hungarian way.

~Michael Imre

World Builder
Group Contributor

4513983 That's awesome to hear. Was the character named after you, then? :twilightsmile:

KMCA
Group Contributor

4513998 Yep, I very much enjoyed her. Especially her ending moment of spite... Not something I'd do but damn was I proud of her.

andwhyisit
Group Contributor

I always pronounced Ynanhluutr as ean-ahn-loo-ter (before anyone asks, the h is silent in this pronunciation because the rolling between the n and l creates a h sound).

Codaulux
Group Contributor

I know "I" was substituted for "Y" at the beginning and pronunciation should reflect that but in my mind it's Uh-nan-hloo-ter, pronouncing "hl" as you would in the Icelandic word for warm (hlýr). I can only blame the Welsh pronunciation for "Y" for completely skewing the first syllable. It just flows better whenever I think about it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16