Austraeoh 773 members · 31 stories
Comments ( 79 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 79
FloydienSlip
Group Contributor

Hey fellow Jurists,

So a few of us got to talking, and we're thinking about producing Austraeoh-related hoodies. Designs have yet to be determined, and this is not a definite thing.

Is there interest for it? Do you have any design suggestions? The current one we're thinking of is in the style of a band T-shirt, with some design on the front and locations, dates, and respective names on the back.

Any suggestions would be welcome! If you'd be interested in purchasing a hoodie, please comment below!

Hap
Group Contributor

*squee*

Symbolism that has been suggested:

compass
grilled cheese
the name "Noble Jury"
each of the six symbols
airship silhouette

Please add to this as well.

Also, for the band tour idea, we'll need a list of places.

Axan Zenith
Group Contributor

Ooh. That'd be neat.

dNihil
Group Contributor

I express interest

Swan Song
Group Contributor

That would be cool. I really like the band idea--as if Rainbow were going on tour around the world. I think it'd make great anniversary merch once Yaerfaerda ends and we hit the halfway point.

It sounds like it would have to be a very limited run though, since the market for something like that would probably be really small.

Have you looked at manufacturers yet?

Edit: Oh Stars, what if it was a Pink Floyd reference? Dark Side of the Ring?

Csquared08
Group Contributor

grilled cheese

Yespls

RoboRed
Group Contributor

Sure, I'd probably get one.

Suggested designs:
- 3773648 's suggestions
- Rainbow's element emblazoned with Austraeoh symbol

FloydienSlip
Group Contributor

3773655 That was the idea behind the band design. Something along the lines of "Noble Jury – Grand Choke World Tour 2012-2014" or something.

And yeah, very limited run. Some extras would probably be ordered, just in case.

CustomInk apparently does hoodies, so that's one option. I got a rough quote from them, with the parameters as such:
- 2 ink colors on front
- 2 ink colors on back
- black hoodie
- 10 hoodies
- shipped to my current location
The cost for each was a bit over $40, which, as I understand, isn't half-bad for hoodies. The price would probably go down if there are more ordered.

I'd be okay with that.

Gammahoof
Group Contributor

Put me in as possibly tentative if the design ends up nice enough and something I might wear.

Lightning Bearer
Group Contributor

I likes me some hoodies. And I likes me some Easthorse. Go for it.

Jake The Army Guy
Group Contributor

I am down to contribute funds. Also, if this were to make it onto a denim or vinyl patch, I would rock the shit out of it on my riding jacket. Right next to Rainbow Dash, facing to the right, so she's flying east.

Hap
Group Contributor

The discussion was centered around a hoodie that isn't overtly pony - something that people could wear in public, even if they don't feel comfortable wearing ponies in public.

Some things that would be helpful to, uh, whoever ends up making this design:

Someone should go through the books and post the url of the image for each of the six symbols. So I don't the artist doesn't have to go digging for those.

Same with a list of crucial locations.

And finally, what are some things that make you think of this series? What imagery is essential to the story? Rainbow Dash may get worked into the design somehow in a subtle way.

Comment posted by Swan Song deleted Nov 7th, 2014
Csquared08
Group Contributor

Grilled cheese is #1, mang.

RazgrizS57
Group Contributor

I'd buy a hoodie. I could probably help create a few possible logo designs if needed.

Valrek777
Group Contributor

I am very interested in getting something like this! Awesome ideas!

Swan Song
Group Contributor

I'd be super down if there was a minimalistic design of Scootaloo's goggles. Those are really iconic to the series.

Something like this, but super-flat and minimalistic, with the cracks and specks but sans the blue coat color, muzzle, and eyes.

Here's all the symbols, in white-on-black and black-on-transparent varieties. I just grabbed the ones posted on the Wiki.

(I don't want to flood the page with images, so here's a link to the full album: http://imgur.com/a/Vw38I )

I can also vectorize them for extreme scalability, smoothness, and sharpness without all the jaggies, if you need me to. Maybe increase the thickness of the lines, so they look better even when shrunken down to a smaller size.

This sounds interesting. I might just chime in.
What would the options of shipping them to Europe be? (East of the US, interestingly enough :rainbowdetermined2:)

This king of design is not my forte, but a couple ideas for symbolism that haven't been mentioned yet are the color lavender and the loyalty necklace. At least, those are two things I'd have incorporated into fanart if I set my mind to creating some.

_00500005_
Group Contributor

Count me in as interested. I don't have much time or artistry to contribute but would still love to have one.

YoshiFawful64
Group Contributor

So long as you can get these to Europe too, I'll totally buy some.
How about the cover images for each story, possibly with the corresponding symbol on top? You know, like this one?

I like this idea.
EDIT: Also, a "Keep Calm" design, except with the Austraeoh symbol and the text "Keep Calm and Fly East".

Regidar
Group Contributor

3773641 I'd buy one
As long as their ambiguous enough, though. I'm not too keen on wearing pony merch at school, considering how people found out by accident that I like the show and they all rag on me about it at any chance they can.

RoboRed
Group Contributor

but a couple ideas for symbolism that haven't been mentioned yet are the color lavender and the loyalty necklace.

- Rainbow's element emblazoned with Austraeoh symbol

dNihil
Group Contributor

Noone's mentioned the ruby flame, the Innavedr tome, or the Odrsjot ring yet. And in my opinion the Odrsjot symbol looks the best of the six we've seen so far.

FloydienSlip
Group Contributor

3773992 3774062

Since I'm coordinating the whole thing and I'll get them shipped to my location, it's pretty much a matter of "Will you be down to pay a bit more for shipping overseas?" As far as I know, all of them will arrive in a box at whatever address I put in.

Zaid ValRoa
Group Contributor

band T-shirt, with some design on the front and locations, dates, and respective names on the back.

Wintergate, Windthtrow - May '12
Emeraldine, Ridgeside - Aug '12
Emeraldine, Verdestone - Aug '12
Darkstine - Aug '12
Silvadel - Sep '12
Ledomare, Aridstone - Oct '12
Ledomare, Blue Shelf - Oct '12
Ledomare, Green Slope - Jan '13
Ledomare, Foxtaur - Jan '13
Sapphire County, Aurum - Mar '13
Searo, Searo's Hold - Mar '13
Ledomare, Blue Nova - May '13
Gray Smoke - Sep '13
Xona, Sacred Hold - Nov '13
Xona, Archer Point - Jan '14
Xona, Lerris - Feb '14
Strip of Flurries, Zadubadabu/Stratopolis - Mar '14
Alafreo - Jun '14
Durandana - Jul '14
Amulek - Aug '14
Zeezrom - Sep '14
Ether Point - Sep '14
Bountiful - Oct '14
Val Roa - Oct '14
Limhi - Oct '14
Teancum - Oct '14

Boy, that took an inmense amount of time.

Zaid ValRoa
Group Contributor

You could always take the hipster route and say it's a reference to an obscure lenghty fic about exploration.
If they start asking for information, tell them about the fifty or so chapters of landscape description in the dullest way possible until they get bored.
Also, you still have to catch up.

Regidar
Group Contributor

3774128 One day
one day
I got like, six new pink floyd albums since

Zaid ValRoa
Group Contributor

I hope you catch up.
That way you can get a character named after you and you can hang out with the rest of the Jury.
:pinkiehappy:

Regidar
Group Contributor

3774137 yeah, maybe
that is a main attraction
still though
4 and a half books man I dunno
plus, you know how life does that thing where it comes up to you and kicks you square in the nuts?
complete metaphorical testicular torsion right here

Sorry I missed that one. I was probably still distracted by the grilled cheese above :scootangel:

Zaid ValRoa
Group Contributor

As life is bound to do.
I understant, Regi-san, but look at the bright side, there are still 6.75 stories left, you can eventually catch up. And if you time it right, IC may end up calling a big character after you.
Just picture it, Rainbow Dash and the Noble Jury battling against the mighty Regidar.
Oh, well. One can dream.
Take your time to sort things out, Regi. I'll be waiting~...

Regidar
Group Contributor

3774178 you're always waiting on me for something
when will you learn boy
when will you learn

Zaid ValRoa
Group Contributor

By the time you learn I'll never stop.
:twilightsmile:

Tom the bomb
Group Contributor

So far, the signs that have sounded the most plausible are the goggles, the flame, loyalty symbol, and I think wings should be added as a possibility. Yeah the actual story symbols would be cool but they are not made for a hoodie. I would be down for a minimalist hoodie with no words even. Just a couple of symbols or one very good symbol front and back. That would make it intriguing and not obvious.

Leftover of Saikano
Group Contributor

A shirt that says "Nancy Jane and the Boomers"

YoshiFawful64
Group Contributor

Well, so long as the price is within reason, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra.

Silent Wings31
Group Contributor

Well now. I am certainly interested. And maybe hoodies could be made with the characters themselves on them? Like Rainbow Dash (obviously), Axan, the members of the Noble Jury, Nevlamas...

Hap
Group Contributor

Noble Jury - WORLD TOUR

Dark Side or Die Tryin'

Windthrow - May '12 - Freaky Fog

Emeraldine - August '12 - Whitemane's Boon

Darkstine - August '12 - Perjorative Declaration Zapp Nator

Silvadel - September '12 - Axan's Hoard

Blue Shelf - October '12 - Bell and 'Bow

Foxtaur Forest - January '13 - Burn it to the Ground

Searo's Hold - March '13 - Stockholm Syndrome

Blue Nova - May '13 - Dream a Little Dream or Three

Gray Smoke - September '13 - Khaos

Xona - November '13 - ???

Lerris - February '14 - ???

Stratopolis - March '14 - ???

Durandana - July '14 - Feather Bed

And so on.

Alternatively, we could do more with the names of those who were important in those places, rather than little phrases for each place. Thanks for the list, Zaid!

A current list of imagery/sumbolism suggestions:

compass
grilled cheese
the name "Noble Jury"
one or more of each of the six symbols
airship silhouette
red lightning bolt
harmony necklace
the color lavender
a sunrise
the ruby flame
the big tome
Scootaloo's goggles
wings
the phrase "Nancy Jane and the Boomers"

RoboRed
Group Contributor

Perfectly understandable. Grilled cheese is very important.:twilightsmile:

Arcshod
Group Contributor

One thing about these, when we run them: it would be great if some folks are willing to put in a couple extra bucks for any extra production or costs that come up. . . as well as to make sure we can give Skirts his for free.

We've also been discussing a run of "Noble Jury" patches, suitable for backpacks, bomber jackets and riding vests. I know some great folks that could make a run of 50 patches priced around $4 each, and they do really lovely work.

Ms_Fruit_Bat
Group Contributor

Yaaaassss!

CasualMarshmallow
Group Contributor

I'd definitely get this. I'm thinking a somewhat minimalistic design would be fitting, since we probably can't print too many colors. How about a wing design on the back? It's something that feels quite band-ish.

Edit: cheese 3778223
Needs grilled cheese though. For the front, probably a logo, though a lavender sunrise would be pretty cool too. And I second RoboRed's idea of the Austraeoh symbol inside the ruby lightning bolt.
Just throwing stuff out there.

remnants
Group Contributor

If these can get shipped to the UK, I'm 110% up for it, shipping costs be damned!

As for design, how about a lightning bolt bisecting the airship?

here's an 'amazing' concept of it i did to get the idea across

FloydienSlip
Group Contributor

3774123 Oh, wow. Thanks a bunch, Zaid!

3774776 This is promising.

Hap
Group Contributor

Yes! This is almost exactly what I was thinking of. On the back, Dash-blue wings bracketing Scoot's goggles, with the tour dates below that. Perhaps below the words, a diagonal-cut grilled cheese pulling apart with stringy cheese kind of underlining the tour dates.

On the front, the East-up compass overlaid with the lightning bolt symbol, and below that a silhouette of the airship if buckweiser is willing to give us one that would work on the shirt - probably a simplified version.

For the front colors, I'm thinking a bronzey-brassy yellow (for the compass points, cardinal letters, and airship), and bright red (for the lightning bolt element and skystone). For the back, Dash-blue for the wings, and the same bronzey-brassy yellow for Scoot's goggles, the tour dates, and the grilled cheese (however that fits in).

Floydien, can the shirt place do half-tones? As in, you've got yellow and blue on the back, but for the yellow there can be a completely opaque yellow and a half-tone where you can see the color of the shirt coming through. That would make things like the grilled cheese look a lot better.

Thoughts, ideas?

The_K_Man
Group Contributor

3774062 Maybe something along the lines of "Stop Chaos; Fly East" or "Keep Loyal and Fly East"... just brainstorming here

Braindtorming off your namesake... "Be a paintbucketing and make less spit spit" (I'm too lazy to find a good Floydien-ism right now)

3774776 She's already died once; I
can't think of word play to accommodate...

"Hey, we all have our lousy moments," Rainbow Dash remarked with a shrug. "Goddess knows, I've had mine."

"Pffft. Yeah right," Eagle Eye chuckled while rolling his eyes. "You looked like the blue sky gave birth to you. What could you possibly fear?"

"You ever been dead?"

"Uhhhhh... no...?"

"It's not pleasant, trust me."

Eagle Eye could only blink at that.

FloydienSlip
Group Contributor

3778223 I'm not sure about half-tones. I don't think so, and would probably have to be a special order or something.

Also, I'm not big on Rainbow Dash's wings being present. A fair number of people have specified that they'd only buy a hoodie if it was subtle enough, and having blue pegasus wings doesn't really cut it. Everything else (goggles, airship, grilled cheese) would probably be fine.

To be honest, we don't want to have a hoodie that has too many designs on it. I'd say to stick with two or three, not counting tour dates, but that's just my opinion.

Tchernobog
Group Contributor

I'd like to argue against the grilled cheese. While it's amusing in a wink wink nudge nudge fashion, I don't feel like it really has a spot on a hoodie like that - it's a prominence that isn't really deserving. Yes, Zaid is funny and whatnot, but I don't think that the hoodie should have the cheese on it because of that.

May just be me though. :trixieshiftright:

FloydienSlip
Group Contributor

3781819 I agree. I was more just saying that I didn't want the hoodie to be overtly pony, and the wings (as they were in the above design) were.

Tchernobog
Group Contributor

They're a specific shape, if we're taking the example above. They don't look like real wings, and people might not necessarily recognize them as such. And even then, it could be seen as something else, say, "blue angels". Now, if we had a rainbow mane instead, that's a lot more overt. The wings with the goggles are fine, I'd say.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 79