The Hero... Discord?!? 903 members · 374 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Could Discord create something so chaotic and random that even he himself could not control it? :rainbowhuh:

If he could control it in the first place it isn't chaotic.

Its possible, all the great beings learn from their mistakes after all.

2288211 Right, as if anypony would believe that. :ajbemused:

It's already been well-established that if Discord wants something to happen, he can make it happen no matter how nonsensical it is. That means he can conceivably control that which cannot be controlled. Note that I said "conceivably," because my question still stands.

Nothing that has been the direct result of Discord's power has ever rebelled against him. But could he create something that could rebel against him to the point where it's immune to his chaos magic?

anypony

Please don't use that stupid crap outside of RP and stories.

Also he has never directly controlled anything, all he has ever done is exert is influence over something then let it go about causing chaos as it wished.

Please don't use that stupid crap outside of RP and stories.

Sorry. :ajsleepy:

You have a point that Discord never directly controls the things he creates, but that's because he never had a reason to until his reformation. I think this is better if I gave a hypothetical scenario.

Let's say that Discord creates a sentient castle to take Rarity on an adventure just for laughs. Then let's say that Fluttershy gets upset and tells Discord to fix it. Would it be possible for the castle to resist Discord's magic and refuse to cooperate with its creator?

I may have been overly harsh with my reaction to the anypony thing, just seeing it everywhere in youtube comments started to really grate on me after a while.

2288400 Eh, it's cool. I can see where you're coming from with that. :raritywink:

Now then, let's get back on topic, shall we? :twilightsmile:

2288462 WOW... Conceivably, Discord could over-do something to push it past his own control... but I'd tend to think it would have to have 'caveats' on that: It'd need to have some other magic than just 'chaos' magic in it... and it'd need some sort of control/intelligence as well. With it having only chaos magic, it'd be just an extension of himself. With no guiding influence, it'd be just a tool that ANYONE could use.:facehoof:

But that's just me, being logical...:derpytongue2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9