The guild of equestrian railroaders 246 members · 131 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Yes you heard me CSX has restarted the program for their heritage units not far away from Christmas! For their 7th unit they chose the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad I have to say it look pretty smart with ACL’s passenger train paint scheme added to it used on their E units with one survivor being a rare EMD E3-A unit preserved at the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer, NC at the old Southern Railway’s Spencer Shop complex. My friend Danny Harmon who lives in Florida and watches his channel will be very pleased to see A Line’s original owner is represented at last.

Next up could be the Seaboard Air Line Railroad with the Seaboard Coast Line roads next before moving onto perhaps New York Central, Richmond Fredericksburg & Potomac, Chicago & Illinois Midland, Western Maryland, Monon, West Point Route, and a few others maybe even a Boston & Maine unit. Your thoughts in the comments below?

Man... it just makes ya wonder how many heritage units that CSX Transportation is gonna end up doing. :)

It would be insane if they end up surpassing the amount that Norfolk Southern has, aka... at 20 Heritage Units. ^^

CSX has a lot more roads to get to including New York Central and even Pittsburgh & Lake Erie which lasted long after the Central became part of Penn Central and later Conrail.

Yeah I wonder what will come next after this unit.

Got that right. =3

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6