Gresley W1/2

Gresley Streamlined B17

Collett Streamlined 50XX "Castle"

Collett Streamlined 60XX "King"

Stanier Princess Coronation

Bulleid Merchant Navy

Bulleid West Country/Battle of Britain "Light Pacific"

truly a remarkable legacy and one to surely be proud of, no matter what country

4401833 You forgot several other legendary streamliners.

(The very first streamlined steam locomotive)

(The very first streamliner, alongside the two previous examples)

(Perhaps the only streamline design in the U.S. to be used on more than one wheel arangement)

(Sadly, Raymond Lowely's impressive design could not make up for the poor performance of this locomotive)
(The only U.S. streamliner to be used by more than one railroad.)
(So popular it was brought to the United States)

(Raymond Lowely's greatest contribution to locomotive design)

Perhaps the only streamline design to be used on more than one wheel arangement

*Cough*Gresley*cough*

seriously, he had four separate designs that had the exact same Bugatti front; the A4, B17, P2 and W1

also Bullied, all his streamliners looked exactly the same, as did Collett's (though his were terrible)

also, Germany needs mentioning by this point

DRG Class SVT 877 "Hamburg flyer"

DRG Class 005

Canada's Royal Hudson is semi-streamlined.

That's all I got, I pay more attention to Armored Trains and Locomotives designed for freight hauling.

4403601 semi-streamliners are also welcome.

and who doesn't love a powerful freight loco, I've got some sound recordings that date back to the 50s and 60s that have heavy 2-8-0s and 2-10-0s snorting up the lickey bank with trains of loaded freight wagons, probably one of the best sounds in history :rainbowkiss:

I should really get them transferred onto the computer and uploaded for everyone's listening pleasure :applejackunsure:

MÁV 242, streamlined tank engine:

4406295 Nice! Streamlined tankies are rare, that's a 4-4-4, correct?

4-4-4T. Here's their wiki page:

4401833 I find the lack of Shinkansen (bullet trains) in this thread disturbing.

4410292 ok then the British Bullet train (T.O.P.S. Class's 800/801), to be introduced in 2018

4410391 Don't you mean the Class 800/801?

Going back a bit earlier, the Class 395 Javelin.

Also, the 400 Series Shinkansen, the Japanese design that was later adapted into the Javelin.

4410391 So Britan's hopping on the super streamlined express bandwagon huh? Well, I guess it was inevitable. If only the U.S. was connected by high speed rail in more areas than just the north east corridor.

4410769 If you can even consider the NEC as "high speed rail."

4410769 yep, the major main lines such as the East coast main line, West Coast main line, and the Great Western Main line's top speed will be bumped up from 125 to 140 mph, it might not seem like much, but from driving the Class 300 in Railworks i can safely say it makes a hell of a difference

we've also got HS2 on the way, which will receive modified German ICE-3s

4410408 yes, sorry, duly corrected.

4411800 So, HS2 is basically getting a variant of Eurostar's Class 374s?

4411828 :applejackunsure: don't know much about the new eurostar, so i'm not sure

4412123 The ICE 3 is related to the Siemens Velaro family, which includes the 374.

Also, if they're going with a modified ICE 3/Velaro/e320 for HS2, then does that mean that HS2 is going with the Berne loading gauge like HS1 and Continental Europe, or will it be British loading gauge like the rest of Network Rail?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17