The Diamond Cutters 1,208 members · 1,361 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Remember those contest Telaros used to hold? The ones that had prizes such as steam cards, comics, and other things? Pepperidge Farms remembers. Remember how hardly anyone participated, deeply hurting the feelings of our wonderful Telaros? Pepperidge farms remembers.

Why did they fail? Why was there so little participation? Was it the prompts? Was the prizes just not good enough? I honestly don't know. But do you know who does know?

Pepperidge farms does. But they're a bunch of assholes that never answer my e-mails, so fuck em. Instead, I'll ask you.

What do you guys want to see in a contest. What kind of prompts would you like to see? Do you want to see very specific kinds of prompts where you have to write a certain genre? Or would you like to see more openess, allowing for more creative freedom? And what kind of prizes do you want? If all goes according to plan, then the first place prize will be the wonderful Daring Do book collection coming out in october. But what about 2nd place? And 3rd?

I would really love to hear what you guys think, so that our next contest will be the best one yet. Hoping to hear from you guys, Mattricole out.

For those of you wondering, this is the Daring Do prize:

Telaros
Group Admin

3622112 That is a sexy looking prize.

Honestly, though, from what I've heard of people, is either they never written for Diamond enough to feel they could make something good enough with or, the message on the group being unclear as to what type of stories are allowed, and many that refuse to give Diamond Tiara any form of exposure because they 'don't support bullying'.

Whatever the case though, I've never backed down from rewarding those who DID want to participate even if the turnouts didn't always justify the amount of prize money in prizes that were given away. But I like to reward effort and creativity and I have zero regrets on any contest I've thrown.

I myself would like to add in what way I can to any Diamond Cutter Contests. So if enough people feel like participating, I'll be happy to donate what little I can.

I for one hope your and others can get enough exposure to promote the contest given how Group Notifications are pretty much dead.

Try submitting this to Groups across the site. Let other authors know too. If all willing members here promoted the idea to others we could have a fun contest that doesn't end up feeling one-sided.

You have my moral support and I'll look around to see if I can't find something worthy to add to the prize pool.

I'd participate, even without the prize, just to support the best filly.

It'll depend on the theme for me. I write Di best with a femme fatale flair, which can be hard to fit into stories that are happy. ^^()

3622087 I'd like to see a horror theming.

Something that makes Diamond Tiara frightened out of her wits.

I'm writing a Diamond Tiara Five Nights At Freddy's fic just in case horror is the direction you wish to go in.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6