Luna Is The Best Pony 7,276 members · 4,645 stories
Comments ( 32 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 32

Today is our beloved princess Luna's birthday and I think she deserves some special love from her folllowers

Why is her birthday December 21st?

PaulAsaran
Site Blogger

I'm all for celebrating Luna's birthday, but I have to wonder the same thing.

3905170 Quick! Give her all the cookies in the castle!!!

...and a cookie cake!

Ima go Vincent Van Gogh for this.

Is because longest night.

That has nothing to do with anything.

Maybe Luna gets lazy around this time every year.

What? It's the longest night of the year!

That is entirely possible; I'd imagine it's because it's the longest night, though. Seems to make sense to me.

3905174 The winter solstice is Luna's birthday

Proooove it?

That has nothing to do with anything.

She has chilly cheese farts on that day, so she hires unicorns end masse, but they're out of practice so moving the moon takes longer.

She'd give it to Celestia but Celestia also has chilly cheese farts, but only at night.

Comment posted by Mystical Rainboom deleted Dec 21st, 2014

Go with the flow.

Happy Birthday Princess Luna!

P.S Watch out for birthday punches.

Ah, the winter solstice. The longest night of the year. And, despite of all the claims made by pro- Celestia propaganda, the world still hasn't ended.

Vivas Noctus! The moon shall rise again!

Happy birthday, Luna! *hugs Luna*

Well... it would make sense for it to be her birthday if the winter solstice ONLY took place on December 21 or had anything to do with the moon...

Because, the solstice takes place on either the 21st, 22nd or 23rd of December the majority of the time and birthdays need to take place on the same day each year and remain consistent, otherwise you run the chance of not even celebrating it on the correct day.

And the winter solstice has nothing to do with the moon. It has to do with the rotation of the Earth and the axial it rotates upon.

Other than the fact that it's darker for a slightly longer time on one side of the Earth, it makes no sense for it to be Luna's birthday.

Same can be said for the Summer solstice with Celestia, as it is literally the same thing with the sun but in the Summer.

Now you may be asking:

"Then how come we can celebrate holidays on different days each year?"

Well, those hold no real signifigance to a person's life span (like a birthday) and the vast majority of holidays aren't lined up with any annual solar events. Those that are lined up with the solstice, are quite minor and flexible to work with said date.

In conclusion, it really doesn't work to call this Luna's "birthday" and it doesn't work for ponies to celebrate this at all because from what is given in the show, the planet does not rotate around the sun and neither does the moon.

Due to this, the ponies would not have either of the two solstice or equinox events to celebrate in the first place.

Please, let's not make up birthdays for our pones, let alone ones coinciding with astronomical events that aren't even in the show...

I'd rather live at night. People during the day are obnoxious.

This is my elegy to Her Royal Highness, Princess Luna, who on this night and every night, in my eyes will always be the brightest star in all the heavens!

"She walks like beauty in the night,
through stardust paths, in mystery
Clad in a veil of pale blue light,
love's sidereal sanctuary.

Her sparkling gems in endless flight,
trace constellations wandering slowly
Each one a hero there to fight,
seek truth, or love or justice holy.

In her embrace there is no fright,
safe from all toil and from worry
Our guardian on high to smite,
Fear's illusions and the darkest folly.

For all who gaze upon the sight,
do wonder at this ancient story,
Feel in their hearts that all is right,
To see the Moon in all her glory."

From my story: The Vacation Crew.

3905288 keep in mind that princess luna is the princess of the night

And keep in mind that's irrelevant with everything else that was stated.

I don't think it's her birthday. Yeah it's the longest night and all, but the Summer Sun Celebration/Summer Solstice is the longest day, and I think somepony would've mentioned if that was Celestia's birthday.

Actually, it could very well be her birthday. It chances are... about 1 in 365. :pinkiesmile:

Happy birthday Princess Luna.

Dose anyone know how old she will be turning?

Happy Winter Solstice and happy birthday, Luna!

Happy Birtday Luna! Question, does anypony know where Equetria's greatest party ponies are?

3905600 how is it irrelevant if the winter solstice is the longest night and luna is the princess of the night

3905705 Celestia's birthday is the summer solstice

Because the Winter solstice really has nothing to do with the damn night. It's just an effect created by the rotation of the Earth as it goes around the sun. It doesn't involve the moon being out longer, it doesn't involve night starting sooner, it doesn't involve the night being any different from a usual one and it doesn't even take place on one singular day throughout the year.

How the hell do you celebrate a birthday when it's on different days throughout a year?

And plus, it's not a fucking thing in MLP due to how the Sun, Moon and planet operate together.

I literally said all of this in my first post...

Happy birthday from me, The Chief, Arbs, and Firteams Majestic and Crimson Princess Luna.

3905170 happy late birthday luna. sorry i didn't say it sooner

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 32