TwiJack 1,045 members · 283 stories
Comments ( 46 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 46

It's a pity that Twijack is rarely talked about in the fandom. These two really have one of the best relationships in the show. I think there could be more moments/interactions between them than any of the bigger ships, even the fan favored Appledash.

Below is a list of what I've notices over time. If there's anything I've missed, or if future moments or interactions come up, feel free to add them here.

Ep. 1:
- Applejack is Twilight's first friend.

Ep. 2:
- Regardless of having just met her, Applejack defends Twilight from Rainbow's accusation on her being the enemy.
- AJ insist that the gang follow Twilight into the Everfree forest for protection.
- AJ scrambles to save Twilight's life, even as there was no one to save the farmpony should she fall off too.
- Twilight trusts Applejack with her life after just meeting her.
- A.J was the first mentioned of the ponies that moved Twilight greatly.

Ep. 3:
- Twilight is hanging with A.J at the beginning of the episode, helping her long before the Applebuck season incident.
- In Twi's hypothetical situation, A.J is not among those who didn't get a ticket to the gala.
- Applejack's "favor" was probably the closest to what Twilight really needed at that time.
- Applejack was first to give up her ticket, even as some may argue, that she had the most urgent reason to go.

Ep. 4:
- At the award ceremony, Twilight, and not the mayor, is hosting the event for Applejack.
- Note the stack of papers: Twilight apparently has a lot of good things to say on AJ.
- Everyone notices something's off, but only Twilight visits AJ to inquire about it.
- A.J sense? No one fingers (or hooves) AJ as the reason for the problems in town, yet Twilight somehow knew AJ needed her attention.

Ep. 7:
- A.J saves Twilight's life again
- Twilight gives her an affectionate nuzzle in thanks. This sort of sentiment is not done at any other time after a recuse (by any of the mane 6, on each other) in the future.

Ep. 8:
- Along with Rarity, A.J tries to make Twilight's sleepover a success despite her feelings on being around another pony.

Ep. 11:
- Applejack's rebuke actually affects Twilight enough to make her cry (first time too).
- The two share a sister-hoove bump for a job well done (there's no other physical exchange done with Twilight and any other of her friends during that montage)

Ep. 12
- After the lesson is learned at Diamond Tiara's party, Twilight and Applejack toast their glasses together and remain close while drinking. Twilight does not use her magic to lift the cup.

Ep. 13:
- A.J invites Twilight to oversee the competition. When Rainbow and her laughs at Twilight entering the race, A.J tries harder to be more supportive.
- Unlike Rainbow, A.J takes Twilight's word on RD and the tripping accident.
- Twilight tells AJ to "be careful" during the race, but doesn't extend the same word of caution to RD.

Ep. 14:
- A.J and Twilight are hanging out together again at the beginning of the episode.

Ep. 16:
- A.J helps Twilight out with the library but doesn't voluntary to have a spell tested on her to help Rainbow.

Ep. 19:
- Twilight is the one who tries to save A.J when she's being pulled into the Diamond Dog hole.

Ep. 21:
- Twilight stays on AJ's side of things to help with the convincing. Rainbow and Spike are left alone to do the convincing on the buffalo's side.

S2 Ep. 1:
- Twilight is quick to find Applejack first in the maze after everyone separates.
- Only Twilight seems to know that AJ's lying here, even on minor things

S2 Ep. 2:
- When Twilight asks the others if they cared, Liar-AJ says "no".
- Going out to the edge of town, Twilight goes out of her way to "fight" for A.J first and win her back.
- In AJ's memory flashback, there are more images of her and Twi then with any other one pony.
- A.J is the only one to ask Twilight for forgiveness after turning back.

S3 Ep. 3:
- AJ does more to try and console Twilight than the rest of the group when she tells them about her issue.

S2 Ep.4:
- Twilight tells Luna that Applejack is "one of the most likable ponies around".
- Even as she's afraid, Applejack is quickest to help Twilight with Luna.

S2 Ep.6:
- A.J chooses to go to Twilight for help on her sister illness first, rather than a doctor.

S2 Ep.7-8:
- The two of them comment on Rainbow's antics privately (thought up the Mare Do plan together?).

S2 Ep.9:
- Twilight tells Rarity that something "so simple" and "practical" is "perfect" for her, than states that she loves it. These are traits attributed to Applejack.

S2 Ep.10:
- Of her friends, Twilight goes to A.J, and not Fluttershy, for help on getting back Spike (an out of control dragon), showing once again that the two rely on each other quite a bit.
- The two of them wind up tied awkwardly to a tree together. For some reason, Rainbow Dash suggests that they did it to themselves.

S2 Ep.11:
- In the play, during the cave territory marking scene, the two accidentally bump hooves in an awkward moment.
- Applejack and Twilight's characters are two of the few that truly get along.

S2 Ep.14:
- Twilight ends up furthest out on the platform, running to catch A.J's train as it departs.
- Twilight's first to leave the assembly line to question AJ.
- Twilight is first to speak up to cheer a dishearten A.J.
- Twilight seemly forgets about Rarity and Pinkie afterwards when they have AJ, even though she was the one who worried about the two being left behind in the first place.

S2 Ep.15:
- Somehow, Twilight is always in line ahead of most of the others (and all of her friends, minus Pinkie), for more than just one day for the cider line (does this mean she gets up earlier and loves the drink more than Rainbow Dash?).
- Applejack confines in Twilight about her true worries and the latter checks up on her through the episode.
- Twilight is only one who sticks by AJ throughout the whole ordeal.
- Twilight apparently remembers AJ's talk about her being "part of the family" as she cooks up a plan using the "honorary family member" phrase.
- Even being at different ends of the cider making assembly line, both collapse next to each other and share a moment.

S2 Ep.25:
- Applejack is the one who congratulates Twilight on her brother's wedding.
- AJ comes up with the P.F.F lingo (pony friends forever).
- On the train, Applejack checks up on Twilight, trying to comfort her about what's been upsetting her and pushes her to talk to Shining Armor.
- Twilight is seen hanging with A.J first during the wedding preparation.

S2 Ep. 26:
- Applejack trusts her back to Twilight (or who she thought was her)
- Twilight saves A.J during the fight, and despite what had happened, Twilight takings just AJ's WORD that she's not a changeling.
- The only one who apologizes to Twilight for not believing in her is Applejack.

S3 Ep. 1:
- AJ embraces Twilight after the "wasn't prepared for it" song.
- AJ was the only one who came through for Twilight with information. She reminded everyone they were here for Twi and even took over for the purple unicorn when she was overcome by library.

S3 Ep. 5:
- Applejack tries, unsuccessful, to stand up to Trixie to bring Twilight home.
- Twilight chooses Applejack to transform into a stallion.

S3 Ep. 7:
- AJ was on her way to see Twilight to observe her studies when she came across Pinkie.

S3 Ep. 8
- Applejack channels Twilight from Lesson Zero.

S3 Ep. 9:
- AJ knew exactly how to get Twilight's attention.
- Frighten she scared her, AJ apologizes to Twilight over moving one of the ink pots.

S3 Ep. 13:
- Only A.J recognized Twilight during the transformation
- AJ is first to walks up to Twi after she changes.
- Applejack is the closest of the mane 6 to the center of the crowning ceremony.
- Twilight actually makes A.J cry, for a good reason.

Movie (not spoiler because it was on the first preview):
- Right as the movie starts, A.J is by Twilight's side talking about the whole ordeal as the others are literally going off in different directions. Symbolism much?
- Applejack was beside herself with tears when Twilight came back. The former rarely cries.

Other things noticed:
- Even as Twilight's the unofficial leader, she defers a lot to A.J and lets A.J take charge at times and even order her around (example: getting Fluttershy up the mountain, the Parasprite plan, in the Diamond dog cave, leading the recuse into the west, sending her to her brother, the Crystal Empire, the Timberwolf plan).
- Twilight is most commonly seen alongside Applejack and vice versa.
- About half of AJ episodes have Twilight really stepping up above the others and getting involve with AJ.
- Unless she's literally half across Equestria, Applejack is always a part of Twilight's group plans.

By themselves, few stand out, but together, these moments give a better impression of the relationship Applejack and Twilight share through out the series.

1399394 oh wow.... you are so right about all those... thats VERY interesting

cant beleave i didnt look that far into it lmao

Comment posted by Phoenix Skyfire deleted Jul 31st, 2013

To me Applebuck Season is one of the best examples of TwiJack and how it would work, as that episode shows Applejack and Twilight behaving almost like an actual couple.

Also you mind if I use this nice collection of moments if ever need be

1399472 Hmm, you may have a point there.

Also you mind if I use this nice collection of moments if ever need be

^ Of course, feel free. :twilightsmile:

bookplayer
Group Admin

You know, you've pretty much outlined a TwiJack Project here... just sayin'...

That is quite an extensive list. Some of the items aren't necessarily completely TwiJack, but it's crazy to see all of these instances thrown together like this. Kinda surprised you didn't throw in anything from Feeling Pinkie Keen, but it has been a long time since I watched that episode and it might be devoid of hints at a relationship. Good work, regardless. It made for a nice read. :heart::twilightsmile:

1400057 PLEASE do one!!!! :raritydespair: Or at least consider it; Or at least consider it to someone with more time that could pull it off.

After all, you as an Applelight fan should understand the need for more good Twijack fics. :raritywink:

bookplayer
Group Admin

I would love to do one, but I feel like it would be weird since I did The AppleDash Project (not to mention that I still have to finish that for S3.)

I do have thoughts for more TwiJack... it might be my next project (I don't know yet.)

1400197 They're not all ship fuel, but they do all add to a bigger message.

As for Pinkie Keen, nothing really stands out. I tried not to include moments that were mostly due to circumstances. For examples, I didn't include how Twilight met AJ first and the farmpony's fevered welcome of her, or how Twilight invited AJ to the Gala first, or how Twilight came to AJ's farm first to test her "failsafe" spell to rid Discord's magic.

1400286 I understand. You do have a lot on your back burner. Will you help me promote Twijack in future discussions though? :twilightsmile:

wow....now THAT is serious dedication!

1399394 You missed the very first episode: not counting Pinkie's "GASP" and sudden disappearance, Applejack is the first pony to give Twilight a proper welcome, and she almost immediately identifies Twilight as a friend. Then in the second half of the pilot, it's Applejack who insists on accompanying Twilight into the Everfree forest, specifically because she doesn't want someone she considers a friend to be in danger. Combined with the other scenes you mentioned, it really looks like AJ is one of the first ponies to really go out of her way to treat Twilight as a friend.

Which is actually kind of a plot point in my ongoing Twijack fic.

But seriously, moments like the ones you listed are the reasons why Twijack is my favorite pairing; the two of them just seem a little closer to each other than to everyone else and they have a sort of chemistry with each other that they don't have with the rest of the cast. And it's great because they seem diametrically opposed personality-wise, but they compliment each other well.

I always promised myself I wouldn't try to find canon reasons for Twijack, that everything that happens in the show is just friendship and thus would be seen as very silly to others if I tried to point them out...

But DAMN, that is a long, detailed list! It's like a directional guide straight to why these two pair so well! :pinkiehappy:

Well done, well done indeed!

1401782 Some of this deals in circumstances, but I think I know how to include them. Thanks, I didn't catch the second one. :pinkiehappy:

Yes, I agree with what you said. That's why this could be my favorite pairing.

1402002 Thank you! :twilightblush:

1399394 Finally, other people are noticing this. :yay:

It's a pity that Twijack is rarely talked about in the fandom. These two really have one of the best relationships in the show. I think there could be more moments/interactions between them than any of the bigger ships, even the fan favored Appledash.

Exactly how I feel about it dude! :raritywink:

And thank you so much for making this list of Twijack moments! I've noticed a lot of these moments myself. :scootangel:

A couple moments not on the list:

Lesson Zero:
-AJ does more to try and console Twilight than the rest of the group when she tells them about her issue

Crystal Empire Prt 1:
-AJ tries to keep Rarity focused, saying they're "here to help Twilight, NOT admire the scenery."

Wonderbolt Academy:
-AJ wants to see Twilight trying out the new spells Celestia has her working on, expressing an interest in her studies.

Also, has anyone noticed that AJ seems to have a thing for wanting to hold Twilight's hoof?

1662450 I haven't notices those.

I've added your moments and then some to the list (can you spot them?). :pinkiehappy: Actually, you've made me realize even more stuff connected to the ones you've mentioned. For example, in that Lesson Zero scene, Twilight was literally on her knees and had her hooves around AJ.

Also, has anyone noticed that AJ seems to have a thing for wanting to hold Twilight's hoof?

^ Really? I've notices more of the opposite: Twi grabbing AJ's face in The Crystal Empire, leaping at her twice in second-parter of Return of Harmony, nuzzling her in Dragonshy, touching hooves in HWE, and--minor, minor spoiler for the movie--fitting AJ's hat for her.

Lol, that's the great thing about this ship; there's just so many easter eggs in the show. :twilightsheepish:

My main ships are based on their interactions in the canon.
For me, TwiJack came naturally, as well as ships like FlutterDash, RariJack or TwiPie :pinkiehappy:

1673080 That's sort of how I view most ships too; either by canon interactions or by my own personal preference. I like all those ships you listed too :twilightsmile:

Walking Dead fans: I say AJ is to Twilight was Daryl is to Rick. :derpytongue2:

A few other things to add to the list; you managed to catch most of the finer details.

S1 Ep.6:
- I think Applejack is the first to praise Twilight for the defeat of the Ursa Minor.

S1 Ep.9:
- Twilight's fears in the second half comes from two places: Apple Bloom's going after Zecora, and Applejack's disappearance after she shrinks.

S1 Ep.15:
- Applejack seems to be included in this episode partly because Twilight is more likely to listen and interact with her.
- Applejack thinking Twilight came over just to check out her new apple cellar after she fell down into it.

S2 Ep.1:
- I'm with the group of people who interpret LiarJack's expression as being she doesn't want to lie and feels bad about it. This expression, with perhaps one exception, is only made towards Twilight.

S2 Ep.15:
- It's Twilight who brings up the question about "honorary family members" participating in the challenge against Flim and Flam.

General:
- Twilight is most commonly seen alongside Applejack and vice versa.
- An Applejack-centered episode doesn't need dialogue from some characters depending on whoever Applejack is with, but with the exception of Sleepless in Ponyville where Twilight doesn't appear, Twilight always seems to have at least one line with Applejack.
- Part fanon, but Twilight is the one who interacts the most with the CMC after Applejack, presumably because the two are close and thus Twilight cares as much for Apple Bloom in certain situations as Applejack does.

Minor problem:

Twilight gives [Applejack] an affectionate nuzzle in thanks. This sort of sentiment is not done at any other time after a recuse (by any of the mane 6, on each other) in the future.

Pinkie Pie later does this to Twilight in S2 Ep.3. But it still counts majorly since Twilight does it to AJ and not to any other pony.

2130088 Sorry for the late reply.

- I think Applejack is the first to praise Twilight for the defeat of the Ursa Minor.
- Twilight's fears in the second half comes from two places: Apple Bloom's going after Zecora, and Applejack's disappearance after she shrinks.
- Applejack thinking Twilight came over just to check out her new apple cellar after she fell down into it.

^ Hmm, these ones seem to deal more in circumstances, like the following points I wanted to include:

- How Twilight met AJ first and the farmpony's fevered welcome of her
- Twilight inviting AJ to the Gala first
- Twilight coming to AJ's farm first to test her "failsafe" spell to rid Discord's magic.

I'm with the group of people who interpret LiarJack's expression as being she doesn't want to lie and feels bad about it. This expression, with perhaps one exception, is only made towards Twilight.

^ I've checked the episode. AJ does make the face to Pinkie too. However, you have brought another one to my attention. Only Twilight seems to know that AJ's lying here, even on the minor things (like not noticing something was amiss with Pinkie that first time).

- It's Twilight who brings up the question about "honorary family members" participating in the challenge against Flim and Flam.

^ Interesting, I hadn't thought about the significance of that.

- An Applejack-centered episode doesn't need dialogue from some characters depending on whoever Applejack is with, but with the exception of Sleepless in Ponyville where Twilight doesn't appear, Twilight always seems to have at least one line with Applejack.

^ You forgot about Apple Family Reunion.

- - Applejack seems to be included in this episode partly because Twilight is more likely to listen and interact with her. Twilight is most commonly seen alongside Applejack and vice versa

^ You're right. Even when these two don't mean to, they wind up around each other. Take the events of Nightmare Night, even after AJ's segment--where she gives Luna advice--Twilight and AJ ended up hanging around each other for a bit. Intended or not, Applejack even took the kids to the Nightmare Moon statue and Twilight could pull off her plan as a result.

Minor problem: Pinkie Pie later does this to Twilight in S2 Ep.3. But it still counts majorly since Twilight does it to AJ and not to any other pony.

^ Good eye. Ahh Pinkie, you've come to be a thorn at my side once again. Regardless, my statement still holds true. Twilight has been rescued before and didn't thank the others nearly as affectionately. :ajsmug:

Thanks for adding to the list! :pinkiehappy: I think we've got the biggest list out of all the mlp ships. Mahahaha!!!

AJ does make the face to Pinkie too

Hence the one exception. :rainbowwild:

You forgot about Apple Family Reunion.

So I did. As much as I like "Raise This Barn" for it being catchy, I never remember much of the episode besides the reappearance of Babs Seed.

I think we've got the biggest list out of all the mlp ships. Mahahaha!!!

It's why I love TwiJack as much as I do.

recused

I think you mean "rescued". :twilightsheepish:

Hence the one exception.

^ I know. I'm just stating it for irony purposes. Pinkie has gotten in the way of a couple Twijack theories I had.

So I did. As much as I like "Raise This Barn" for it being catchy, I never remember much of the episode besides the reappearance of Babs Seed.

^ AJ did become a Twilight; perhaps proving that she, more than the others, is capable of stepping into Twi's mindset.

It's why I love TwiJack as much as I do

^ Yep. Spread the word about it. We need this ship to grow.

I think you mean "rescued".

^ So I did. See what happens when you spend all day writing.

One more, but not sure if it means anything: the first pony AJ says "sugarcube" to is Twilight after she drinks the hot sauce in episode 1.

2161563 Nice! We can also strengthen this. I think Applejack has called Twilight "sugercube" the most, but I can't be sure on that one. What are your thoughts?

I don't know about "sugarcube" by itself, but I think AJ is more likely to call Twilight by affectionate nicknames like "sugarcube" or even the shortened "Twi".

2163472 I know AJ has called Rainbow Dash RD, but I think Twilight has the market cornered on "sugercube". Once I know I'll add this to the list. There's always something to find with this ship, gotta love it. :twilightsheepish:

THANK YOU! This ship is seriously overrated, yet, it is the most canon of all the Mane 6 ships! Thank you for posting this :ajsmug::heart::twilightblush:

Also, there was a buck load of AppleSparkle scenes in the season 4 premiere ;)

Underrated, you mean?

A great moment in the Maud ep was AJ looking away and pushing Twi forward. Sacrificial lamb, kinda. :rainbowlaugh:

Ahem, there's no such thing as 'most canon'. There's only fanon :pinkiecrazy:

You forgot S4E1&2
- AJ comforts Twilight and tries to tell Twilight they're all be best friends what matter what the cost because of the Elements of Harmony
- AJ says sorry to Twilight after all that happened in the episode
- Twilight tells Applejack and the others that they'll always be connected by friendship and help AJ realize that
- Twilight and Applejack forget all they augured about throughout the episode

Spoiler for Equestria Girls in case anyone hasn't seen it, but I'd like to point out that when Rarity gave Twilight a disguise, she dressed her in a green dress and blonde hair, the exact same shade as Applejack's. And Rarity normally associates the colour green with Applejack. :3

Positive spin on anything Applejack. I approve. :moustache:

2163472 Applejack also calls Twilight 'hun', a nickname typically used to show affection :twilightsmile: :ajsmug:

When it comes to parring, I think Twijack is the mostly likely parring though is not the favorite because of these three reasons at least:
1) Twilight is the pony that can be paried with any other pony. Litterly, I've seen non-smut harem stories work because Twilight is the center and still be intersting, especially the TwiAppleDash. Combined with a leadership personality that can get ponies that would never interact with each other interact, and the fact she interacts with all of the Main 6 in a large compacity in either in compasion or even drama, creates an avenue for such parrings.
2) When people talk about faves paries, it seme to be ones that causes a lot of drama in a relationship, and do to how well Twilight and Applejack's personaliy mesh, it did not cause as mush drama as TwiPie, TwiDash, AppleDash, AppleRari. Even Fluttershy cause more interst due to personal drama and a intersting story if the shy girl will get her love.
3) Twilight has a close relationship with the Princessess, and doesn't help they are god like figures. If the new media taught me anything, people goga when rolaty get married and if Twilight is a commer when it happens (a unicorn) its even better. I wonder how many would be complaing if Twilight was transformed into an Alicorn to marry Luna or Celestia.

However despite the fact Twijack is not as popular, I still think its the most likely for the following reason:
1) Team Dinamic: In the show I say Twilight is the brain and Applejack is the sergant, making sure the plan is carried out. Due to this dynamic, they have a close relationship and loyalty I'm surprise Applejack is either not married or her captain of the gaurd. I mean Applejack is more loyal to Twilight then Rainbow Dash to Twilight, even in the royal marriage.
2) Simliar Personality: Both have leadership skills, stuberness, indepence, compassion, think before they leap, perfer simple things, want a simple life and being a parent with Twilight and Applejack over Spike and Applebloom respectively, though Applejack maybe the better of the two.
3) Intelligent: Despite Applejack being a farmer with a southern accessent and the sterotypes associated to people like that, she is shown to be intelligent, especially in manging the farm, performing mathmatics (desiging barns and taxes) and orginizating skills. While she may not be at a level Twilight is, she still smart enough to keep up with the girl. Plus, they seem to knowldge in their feilds the other know little about make them complete.
4) Little Personal Conflict: Probably a bigger point is that they don't have similar interst that would cause them to buttheads. They both do love books at various levels, and Twilight shown she does get physical in sports or workouts though not as competive as Applejack.
5) Listeners: they both seem to be the ones they seek advice from and the ones they listen too, apple to keep a good relationship, even if they do fight some times.
6) The Princess and the Farmer: On a more personal matter, its a great story device of two lovers with drama that a commer marries a princess. It would be a classic story that would make people ruit for Twijack.

Have you ever seen another list with in-show moments, or if you have, as many in-show moments as this one?

The One Where Pinkie Knows:

bookplayer
Group Admin

I loved the wink. :ajsmug:

From The Hooffields and Mccolts: note the placement of the chairs and the book already open as Twilight and Fluttershy came in. Seems Twilight had been using AJ's chair for a while. Could be the two have been having study sessions as well.

A great moment in the Maud ep was AJ looking away and pushing Twi forward. Sacrificial lamb, kinda.

Or the reverse in "Tanks for the Memories" when Twi pushes AJ! I love this ship more than I can say.

First - Dragon Master Spike, There is no way I can thank you enough for this list. It's incredible. You can see fro my avatar how i feel about these two. Brony Pony Man? Aatxe360, you know how obsessive/dsiturbed I am about them. I think just about everything I've written has been a Twijack story. Every time I start to write something it ends up there. I've got a 4 book series I'm working on that has their love as the hub. The depth of love between them is profound, as this list states. I'm getting personal here, but I've spent most of my writing time with those two. I can see comedy during the intimate moments between most ships, but here it's much too real. :twilightblush::heart::ajsmug:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 46