G1 Ponies: Credit Where It's Due 379 members · 404 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

We do know that when Lauren Faust helped launched the G4 series known as MLP:FiM, she based the Mane 6 off of numerous characters from G1 whether it was from specials or even from the series known as MLP 'n Friends. Besides the ones used for the Mane 6, what others ponies in G1 can pass for an inspiration of a G4 character? However, it doesn't have even be a pony because there might have been some other characters that work as well. For example, I think that The Moochick can almost be the inspiration for Star Swirl the Bearded due to his knowledge of so many things especially with all the books he seems to have. Perhaps, some G4 characters could have been the combination of more than one, because just like how both Glory and Sparkler gave us Rarity, it's possibly that besides the original Twilight that was used for Twilight Sparkle, there's a possibility that Wind Whistler could have been used as well in seeing how knowledgeable she was whenever she appeared. If anyone else knows what G1 characters to relate to G4, feel free to post them here.

I won't blame anyone if this is a hard one. Besides Megan and Spike, just about every other character that appeared in G1 were minor. In other words, they didn't get a lot appearances to know what their nature really was to compare them. Speaking of Megan, she might have been the character for Twilight Sparkle in that she was known for her leadership role, though I could be wrong here.

Speaking of Megan, she might have been the character for Twilight Sparkle in that she was known for her leadership role, though I could be wrong here.

No, Twi and Megan have nothing in common even in the leadership role.

Princess Celestia is more like Megan in that both are very warm, caring, and motherly. And that is something of start.

I always thought that they did. Also, whenever I look at the fanart that shows them together, which I did post in several groups, they almost do look like the perfect pair for fighting evil not to mention probably the only MLP characters that can be shipped of not being of the same generations. Then again, Megan didn't always appear in every episode despite being the face for G1, but the same can go for Twilight in that she was considered the face of G4, but unlike G1, not every episode was dedicated to adventure, so she didn't always need to be there when they weren't fighting. Although Megan was known for being warm and caring for the G1 ponies, I don't know if she was really motherly to them or even any of them ever saw her as a mother to them. However, there is one major difference that she has to Celestia and that is that she will actually participate in adventures whenever she comes to Ponyland, while Celestia will only participate in adventures and/or battles if she is really needed for them, otherwise she will just give those task(s) to the Mane 6 for them to do, because she believes that they are the ones that can probably handle it better. For the record, any fanart I post here, isn't mine, it's just what I find when image searching, and the same goes for what I use as the cover art for my fanfics, plus I don't know how to make any fanarts myself. On a side note, I can still remember a fanfic that I noticed when I first came here that said that Megan later on became Celestia with Molly becoming Luna, but I find that one hard to believe.

I don't know if she was really motherly to them or even any of them ever saw her as a mother to them.

Off the top of my head, Megan showed her motherly streak when chastising Danny for acting out at the start of the Great Rainbow Caper, and again at the start of Spike's search after Spike startled everyone with his flaming sneeze.

There are other incidents such as the way she handled the fillies in Escape From Catrina, and at least one more than I don't currently recall.

I can still remember a fanfic that I noticed when I first came here that said that Megan later on became Celestia with Molly becoming Luna, but I find that one hard to believe.

This is, untrue, but could be very interesting if well written and presented.

If you read Celestial Origins, it mentions where Megan becomes Celestia, while Molly becomes Luna and Danny becomes Discord.

For some reason Tirac has more in common with Nightmare Moon than he does with his G4 version known as Lork Tirek. However, this is mostly because was going to give eternal darkness, though don't see how with the way he planned it such a thing can be achieved. My guess is that he was going to do it with the Rainbow of Darkness, but he was stopped and killed before that could happen. The only major difference with Nightmare Moon is that she already controls the moon and can make it stand up for as long as she wants to by using her horn to do so. Unlike Tirac, she wasn't killed, but rather changed back into Princess Luna in knowing that she wasn't truly evil in that it and was pretty much a manifestation that took over her that made her that way.

For some reason, I feel that Pikie Pie might be two characters as well. We know that Surprise is where her personality came from. Meanwhile, I feel that Heart Throb might have been for her design, because she almost does look like her. Also, there's a possibility that it was her look that got us both the G3 and G4 versions of Pikie, but that could just be me saying this.

No, Pinkie's design comes from G3 Pinkie Pie. Equestria's Pinkie Pie has a darker pink mane tail with a lighter pink coat. Whiles G3 Pinkie has a slightly darker pink coat with a lighter mane and tail. They even have the same cutie mark, which is just an update to Surprise's cutie mark.

Personality wise Pinkie is actually an amalgamation on Surprise, the happy-go luck prankster, and Fizzy who is the real party pony of Dream Valley though we don't get to see it.

I always thought who Bowtie could relate to for G4, but she might be hard since she might have been the odd one out in the group that was helping Megan rescue the captured ponies that were over at Midnight Castle.

Bow Tie was tragically underused. :fluttershysad:

It feels that the only thing that made her important was participating in playing keep away when they took the bag containing the Rainbow of Darkness from Tirac, though I feel that Megan should have just opened up the bag and used it against him instead, but then that would have made of the Rainbow of Light feel useless if that was done.

That, and we don't know if the rainbow of darkness would have even worked against Tirac.

Seeing that he was already evil, it wasn't very clear what would have happened if she did that, but all I know is that it just wasn't done. However, when they got it, there were certain things I just couldn't understand. One of them was why Twilight didn't just teleport herself out of the castle and easily get to safety rather than just another part of the roof, but I guess she couldn't because her teleportation has very limited distance just like Nightcrawler from X-Men. Also, if that wasn't case, she could have easily teleported them all into the castle without the need of the Sea Ponies. As for Firefly, she could have just altered her direction of flight and gotten away easily but flew straight on into a Stratadon instead causing her to drop the bag. As for Tirac himself, he does seem to share a lot in common with Nightmare Moon, but there is a difference in which he needed that said rainbow in order to achieve eternal darkness when Nightmare Moon could just make the moon stay up since she has total control over it. In all honesty, I do prefer this version over the G4 one, because he not only looks scary, but sounds scary as well whereas the later version, who is called Lord Tirek for some reason, is mostly intimidating by his appearance and voice, and I can't get why he looks like a Dragon Ball character.

No, Twilight couldn't teleport them into the castle. Teleportation requires line of sight unless you've been to that location before or have some means of seeing it.

It is a useful ability, but it has some strict limitations.

I always thought that it was the distance that was limited, plus I never got why she couldn't have teleported herself out of the castle completely when she had the bag and gotten to safety rather than just be on a different part of the roof.

Well, she was under pressure for one thing, and that isn't good for clear thinking. For another, there is the chance that holding that bag may have interfered with Twilight's magic.

Different types of magic don't mix well often times. And it can be a disaster to mix different types of magic together.

Also, it was said that Twilight was afraid of heights, which was shown as she was about to fall when backing up at the roof and almost falling to her death as well as teleporting in the beginning when she was afraid to jump the cliff.

I have never heard anything that said she was afraid of heights.

It was more caution than anything.

Getting back to Bow Tie, it would have been nice if those in charge gave some time to know what she was like. For the most part, it seemed as she just tagged along and didn't have anything that made her distinctive, and I don't count playing keep away with the bag as part of that. However, I'm surprised in the beginning of the special, she didn't get her butt poked by Twilight's horn when she looked as if she was almost going to back up into it.

Yeah, I want to include Bow Tie in some of my G1 story ideas.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21