Pokémon Fics 1,672 members · 899 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

I'm willing to bet her name would be Prismatic Scale, not sure about what type she'd be, though.

Flying/Electric? Considering she flies and used to work at the weather factory before she became a Wonderbolt

That sounds neat, other names I came up with were Terror Wing, Terror Claw, Winged Claw and Rainbow Claw. I almost went with Terror Wing but I felt that name sounded too much like a pterasaur instead of a raptor. I didn't want to go with Winged Claw because Winged King was already taken.

I thought of either Dark/Fighting or Flying/Fighting, Dark because they would mob prey. Flying/Fighting would hint to the creature evolving into Rainbow Dash, but Flying/Electric is plausible.

I definitely agree that Winged Claw is a bit too close to Winged King, Maybe Rainbow Bolt could also work?

Flying/Electric seems like a rare type combination. Last I remember, Kantonian Zapdos, Wattrel, Kilowattrel, Pom-Pom Oricorio, Fan Rotom, Thundurus, and Emolga are the only official Pokémon with that type combination.

I was kinda thinking of making it a pure flying type imo, since flying embodies everything Rainbow Dash is associated with. Her sonic rainboom, her goal to join the wonderbolts, her casual laid back attitude when she's literally got her head in the clouds (no pun intended), her need for speed and action, to me, it makes sense, but I'm open for discussing it further.

Plus, it would be interesting for a Paradox Pokémon to evolve, especially if its a Past Paradox Rainbow Dash. Something to think about in the future.

Rainbow Bolt sounds too similar to Raging Bolt IMO

... shoot, you're right, completely forgor about raging bolt for a moment. Prismatic Scale could still work, but it seems a bit wordy, kind of a mouthful when you try to say it.

The reason I didn't go with that idea was because I wanted to challenge myself by not reusing any other names. So I can't call a Paradox Fluttershy Flutter something or something Flutter, since Flutter Mane already exists. When reading your comment, I considered Rainbow Bolt, but then remembered RAGING Bolt exists :trollestia:

I imagined Prism Claw while drawing, but I thought it was too on the nose at first, but after some thought, and TheAlienBrony mentioning Prismatic, I figured that may be the best name so far.

Flying/Electric is a good typing, though I thought of keeping the fighting type to show its more primal than modern day Rainbow Dash, or even an Iron Rainboom. However, I agree that it embodies all aspects of Rainbow.

What I meant by evolving, I meant as in this creature becoming the pegasus we all know. Not necessarily giving an evolution to the paradox pokemon, though maybe I misinterpreted your comment?

Thanks! Official drawing is almost done. I even wrote some dex entries for it.

In regards to the 'evolution' part, that one was on me, I'm willing to admit, though it would still be equally as interesting to see a paradox Pokémon evolve.

I'd love to see what the dex entries are for this Pokémon.

By the way, I hope I didn't sound condescending when I explained why I don't reuse names. sorry about that if I did

You're welcome =3

Nah, you're alright pal.

I know it doesn't have the lines on the corners of the pages like in the logos, but I'm too tired to do them. This isn't one of the Dex entries, it's something to provide some lore to this version of Rainbow Dash. Needless to say, I feel like I went too dark with this one.

Oohh!! Eerie! I wasn't expecting to actually be a bit scared by the lore, but I'd say you did pretty alright with it.

Besides, Pokémon lore is already dark, anyway. Mega Evolutions cause physical pain to the few Pokémon that have them, some Pokémon used to be living people, children especially. Numerous evil teams did some incredibly shady stuff already, like kill a pokemon's parent and have it wear its skull, to wanting to either burn the world to the ground/drown it beneath the waves, destroy it and recreate it in their own image, enslave the legendaries, play Arceus and create genetic clones, nearly cause the end of the world, I don't need to remind that Drifloon's dex entry literally transcribes that it
will carry children to the afterlife, right?

Look, you get the picture. My point is, your lore isn't too dark, it makes sense, it's short and sweet, and I honestly like it the way it is.

Wow, I actually didn't expect to scare anyone. I just thought it would be mildly creepy, but not make anyone on edge. Admittedly the part involving Prism Claw mimicking human voices was taken from the Weird Birds ARG by Archesuchus. The idea that a prehistoric creature being capable of mimicking human speech like Crows is unsettling.

I was aware of the dark things in Pokemon, I was more so concerned about it being too dark for the Scarlet Book, since I felt this was too hard of a shift from the canon pages. However, perhaps it isn't out of character for Pokemon. It took me a few tries to get it right, but not going to lie I felt like I could've added in something.

I was going to have one of the researchers wind up missing the next morning, who would've given the creature a sandwich earlier in the story. However I cut this since it was too much like Weird Birds(if you read the entire thing chances are you know what I'm referring).

I wouldn't say it's too dark, considering they canonically had the professor die, we even saw the aftermath of the fight in Research station No. 4. Sure, the mimicking voices can be very uncanny and very scary, if done right, but I do like how dark it is, it almost gives me grimdark vibes, and those always creeped me out.

I say bravo, 10/10!

Not going to lie, I put more thought into the Scarlet dex than the Violet dex. I haven't even come up with the Occulture magazine lore yet

I'm sure you'll figure something out.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20