The Harmonic Council 19 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 202 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 202
Stryker12324
Group Contributor

Here's where all your debates about the meaning of life can go. For organizational purposes, of course. :twilightsmile:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

349925 I knew I could count on you. :pinkiehappy:

AimBot
Group Admin

349925>>349928 Ah, glad to see that we're taking the initiative!

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

349928>>349930 Why thank you my good sirs. :pinkiesmile:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

349930 What initiative? :twilightblush:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

349938 Your welcome, kind sir.

AimBot
Group Admin

349939 I don't know... But it's here somewhere. At least we've got participation.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

349941 So anyways, what was our previous conversation about?

AimBot
Group Admin

349963 Sure. So, where are we on said topic?

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

349957>>349965 We were on the economy, check the Artist thread for the full story.

AimBot
Group Admin

349967 Will do. Please, continue. I'll be in within a few minutes.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

349957 So where should we start again?

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

349967>>349968 So the economy should be a limited/monitored form of capitalism. That'll keep things running smoothly for the country.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

349975 Yeah, I agree, as we can all see what happens if it isn't handed with care.

AimBot
Group Admin

349975 That seems like the most likely choice.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

349981>>349988 Yup, Twilight can set up their economic system along with organizations that will help regulate the economy, making sure things don't get too bad or too good.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

349993 Yeah, Twilight would be perfect for the job with how much into organization she is.

AimBot
Group Admin

349993 That makes sense. If things went too well, some ponies may think about dipping their hooves in the cookie jar.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350003 That, along with "The higher you fly, the harder you fall." Making sure things don't go too well is to keep things from going into a recession or even a depression. It's all about finding a nice balance.

AimBot
Group Admin

350009 And balance is exactly what the Council is about.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350003>>349993 Then the Military I am sure would operate much as every other military operates. With the highest level of command being the Magistrates themselves. sorry I left and didn't refresh the page.

AimBot
Group Admin

350017 Yes. And, I think we've said this before, but Twilight has basic control of the general military, with each Magistrate having a say in their actions, along with their own special branch.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350015>>350017 You know, I was thinking Twilight and Rainbow Dash have the highest levels of command because Twilight would be a great tactician/strategist and Rainbow would be a great leader, inspiring the troops. The others would also have rank but not as much as Twi/RD since they could specialize in other things the country needs, like economy or infrastructure.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350020 Now you can see why my subconsciousness put so much emphasis on Twilight in my first concept.

AimBot
Group Admin

350029 I can, actually...

350028 That's... A good idea. Dash could be the face of the military, give speeches, etc... While Twi could be behind the curtains, making tactical decisions.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350028 Yeah, I agree. They would make a good pair to be at the very top of the military.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350034 I figure most people who see it can see why.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350034>>350036 Although the same idea would be really hard to apply to other things now that I think about it. When it comes to economy/infrastructure etc, they would all HAVE to be knowledgeable with those things. So I guess other than that military idea, the way the Elements would run things is discussing problems and solutions and coming to an agreement.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350041 That's the way I always saw them solving most problems. With them all voicing their ideas, but whoever is most knowledgeable taking the lead in the discussion,

AimBot
Group Admin

350041>>350038 That makes sense... But I've had one idea swirling around in my head, and I think now's a good time to let it out. I was thinking, since each Magistrate has a unique personality, would it make any sense for them to represent certain groups in the Council itself? Say, Applejack represents farmers and ponies who live in more rural areas, and so on.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350045 Yea so if it was something more specialized like Internal Affairs, Applejack would bring reports and let the others read it over and come to their own conclusions and voice their own opinions on what should be done.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350047 While that would make sense, I think that would cause more division among them when there were problems between the groups they represent.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350047 That does sound like a good idea, but we'd have to shrink it down a little bit because the Mane 6 have so many ponies to rule. So local delegates (kinda like elected representatives) would bring concerns to the Mane 6. Say an earth pony farmer came to the 6 with a problem, then Applejack and Pinkie would probably be the most helpful since they are also earth ponies and could relate much more easily than the others. Same applies to pegasi and unicorns. But they'd still discuss among themselves to provide helpful input from all sources.

AimBot
Group Admin

350057 That's what worried me most about that idea. Thanks for a bit of feedback on that.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350051 Yeah exactly. They would all have the opportunity to voice what they think should be done, while the one who is most knowledge in that area would have the most authority on the final decision.

AimBot
Group Admin

350060 That brings another topic to attention. Would it make more sense for the Magistrates to handle large, national decisions, while smaller groups handled things on a local scale?

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350064 Yea so a pegasi problem would be addressed by all of them but Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash would have the most say in the decision.

350068 Well, the way I figure it is have them handle national issues, and they would have in every town/city a government building of delegates that report back to them the going ons of the area. So any problems would be reported and advice would be given back to the delegates on what to do, but the Mane 6 wouldn't handle the situation themselves, so as to prevent any kind of favoritism. Unless the situation completely spirals out of hand, the Mane 6 will be limited to giving advice and not taking direct action, simply leaving it to the delegates' best abilities.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor
AimBot
Group Admin

350078 Alright then... Thanks for that.

350078>>350080 So, what's going on in this part of the discussion?

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350086 I suppose we could handle Internal Policy?

AimBot
Group Admin

350090 Alright. Have at it then.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350093 I really don't have a starting place for Internal Politics. It is the area I probably have the least experience in.

AimBot
Group Admin

350094>>350097 Alright then... Internal Politics. Would anyone like to begin?

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350100 Sure. How would you like me to begin? Start with who has overall charge with it? Oh and I'll be back in around a half an hour to an hour. So please be patient. :twilightsmile:

AimBot
Group Admin

350107 Sure, let's go from the top down. No worries about absence.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350116 Okay, so who would be a good fit to be the main pony in Internal Politics?

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350116 Fluttershy wouldn't be a good fit, I don't think it fits Rarity's personality. I think AJ would probably head Internal Politics

AimBot
Group Admin

350120 To be honest (call me dull, but it's true), I don't know the difference (if there is one)between Internal Politics and normal Politics...

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350129 Internal Politics is all the policies dealing with things in country.
Foreign Politics are all the policies dealing with foreign countries.

AimBot
Group Admin

350137 Thank you for explaining it to me... You're right. Fluttershy and Rarity aren't built for politics, really... Especially Fluttershy. Imagine it... "Vote for me... I mean, if that's alright with you..."
Yeah, AJ would be the type for politics, I think... She seems like a social pony to me... Pinkie Pie? I'm not sure if she'd take anything seriously...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 202