• Published 19th May 2024
  • 471 Views, 9 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur - ponydog127



During the Summer Solstice Festival in Maretime Bay with the dragons attending, the Mane 6 reunite with Mystery Incorporated to solve the mystery of a ghostly dinosaur, called the Phantosaur, who is haunting the town of La Serena.

  • ...
1
 9
 471

The Motorcycle Race and the First Phantosaur's Unmasking

Finally, as midnight drew closer and closer, and with a little bit more practice, Shaggy was declared ready for his race with Tex, and rode up Dead Man's Peak, where the race was set to begin.

Pipp even got him a new leather jacket for the occasion, feeling that looking like a biker might help him FEEL like a biker.

Shaggy looked down the side of Dead Man's Peak with a bit of nervousness-- there was no way he could do this... but he didn't want to let the ponies or his friends down either.

Maybe someone would say the keyword and snap him into his brave alter-ego... or maybe Tex would have a chance of heart and call off the race entirely. But before he could get anymore thoughts in...

“Hey, beatnik!”

Shaggy yelped and jumped right onto his bike at the sound of the sudden voice, and turned to see Tex ride up behind him. “Nice reflexes you got there, buddy,” he said with an impressed smile. “And excellent balance!”

“Mr. Texas, sir?” Shaggy asked nervously as he sat down on his bike. “Do we really have to do this race thingy?”

“Oh, it’s just a little old bike race,” Tex told Shaggy cockily. “How bad could it be?”

Suddenly, Shaggy snapped into his braver alter-ego and revved his bike, pulling up beside Tex with a determined smirk. “Then let’s do it already.”

Tex then rode into position as another biker at the top of some nearby rocks raised the starting flag. “Three… two… one… GUN IT!!!”

At that moment, both bikes burst forward, with Tex taking an early lead, with Shaggy right behind.

XXXXXXXX

At the same time, the others were at the bottom of the mountain, waiting for the motorcycles to make it down to them so they could see who was going to win the race. “Oh, here they come down Dead Man’s Trail!” Zipp said as she and Pipp viewed the entire thing through their binoculars. “Aw, man! But Tex has an early lead!”

“Don’t count Shaggy out of the race yet, guys,” Sunny told her friends. “I have a feeling he’s gonna show EVERYPONY up out of this one.”

“I do hope you’re right, Sunny,” Silhouette told the earth pony mare. “Those trails can be very perilous at this time of night.”

“Come on, Shaggy, come on…” Zipp muttered under her breath. “Kick his flank…”

XXXXXXXX

Shaggy continued to have a steady pace behind Tex, surprising Tex to the core-- Shaggy was acting like he had spent his whole life on a bike, and wasn’t scared at all!

He had to do something to shake him, or else he might win!

That’s when he suddenly got an idea.

He skidded his bike over the side of the road, causing it to crumble and break apart, just as Shaggy got to it, causing Shaggy to stop. However, Shaggy had a plan of his own in mind.

Shaggy rode his motorcycle up the side of the cliff before going back down it, jumping the huge canyon and landing on the other side... right in front of Tex!

Tex was shocked to see this and tried his best to get ahead, even after making several jumps.

However, he gained a little too much height on the last jump and fell off his motorcycle and off the cliff, grabbing onto a small root hanging out of the side.

He was really in danger now-- if someone didn't do something fast, he was going to fall and get killed... or worse!

XXXXXXXX

“Oh my pony! Guys!” Misty said as she lowered her binoculars. “Tex is hanging off the side of the cliff!”

“We have to help him!” Sunny said as several of the others gasped in horror, preparing to run off. “We’d never be able to get there in time, Sunny!” Zipp told the earth pony mare. “Even if we flew! We’re just too far away!”

“Wait… there is one guy who might be able to save Tex before that root breaks!” Pipp said, pulling out her phone and shooting Shaggy a text. “I just hope Shaggy pauses the race in time to do the right thing…”

XXXXXXXX

Tex knew that at any moment, that root was going to break-- he needed to get back on solid ground, and fast.

But as he tried to reach for the cliff and pull himself up, the roof finally snapped, and Tex yelled, expecting to fall toward the ground when a hand reached down and grabbed him.

And when Tex looked up... it was Shaggy who had saved his life! “You didn’t think you were gonna get out of the race that easy, did you?”

Tex flashed Shaggy a smile, just before Shaggy pulled Tex back onto solid ground.

XXXXXXXX

Back on the ground, everyone cheered at Shaggy’s heroic rescue, overjoyed that he was able to come back and save his racing rival before he fell to his death.

But Zipp and Pipp were the proudest of all. “Good job, Shaggy…” Zipp smiled. “That’s true courage right there.”

XXXXXXXX

“On three?” Shaggy asked Tex, wanting to get the race done with. Tex chuckled with a smile on his face. “Sure.”

“Three!”

In an instant, Shaggy sped off down the remainder of Dead Man’s Trail, with Tex right behind until they got to the bottom and rounded a corner, causing Tex to once again take the lead.

But then, Tex saw something ahead that made his eyes go wide. “What the heck?!”

The Phantosaur appeared right along the path, causing Tex to immediately halt in his tracks. Shaggy, however, kept speeding right toward it, much to Scooby’s horror. “Oh no!!”

“He’s playing chicken with the Phantosaur?!” Hitch cried. “I know Mr. Hubley’s stuff is powerful, but maybe it’s working a little too well!”

As Shaggy continued to speed toward the Phantosaur, confident thoughts filled his mind. “Phantosaur thinks he’s the tough guy, huh?” he challenged. “Phantosaur thinks he’s so… bad.

But even THINKING the keyword made Shaggy snap back to normal, right as he was approaching the Phantosaur, causing him to scream and immediately turn and flee.

That’s when Misty and Scooby knew that they needed to step in. “We’re coming, Shaggy!!”

The blue unicorn and her Great Dane pal immediately sprinted out into the open, and as they got close enough, got on the motorcycle with Shaggy. “Misty!” Shaggy cried in surprise. “Scooby!”

“Hey, Shaggy!” Misty panted. “Hope you don’t mind a few more passengers!”

At that moment, the motorcycle flew past a large bush, revealing the same van from the mining company that the others had seen earlier. Once they had seen this, Zipp immediately gestured for her friends to follow her. “Come on!”

The others followed the white pegasus over to the van, where Pipp gasped upon seeing the large cables coming from it. “Hey! Check out the marks from these cables!”

“They're just like the snake tracks we saw at the dig!” Velma realized, causing Daphne to nod. “And I'll bet I know where those cables lead.”

“I have a plan,” Fred announced to the group. “Does it involve a net?” Sunny asked with a knowing smirk, causing Fred to give one right back to her. “Awesome!” Izzy cheered. “We’re so in!”

“Can we help?”

That’s when everyone turned to see the entire biking crew standing behind them, causing Zipp to smile. “That would be great! Some of you man the hose nearby-- we’re gonna flood these culprits right out of hiding!”

XXXXXXXX

Misty, Shaggy and Scooby screamed as they rode across the desert with the Phantosaur right on their heels, but luckily, the others were beginning their plan as we speak.

They turned on the hose, which was leading right to the mining van, and the water flooded the man and woman they saw earlier out of it, screaming in panic, and this allowed the ponies to use the net Fred had gave them to hold them down. “It’s the mining company guys!” Daphne realized. “Just like we thought!”

“But, uh… quick question,” Hitch nervously spoke. “What happens to cables when they get wet?!”

Silhouette suddenly saw electric sparks flowing out of the cable and toward the Phantosaur, immediately knowing what was going to happen and gasping before spreading her wings. “I’ll get the others out of harm’s way!”

With that, the dragon queen took off like a rocket, flying across the desert before picking up Shaggy, Scooby and Misty just before the electric sparks reached the Phantosaur and caused it to short circuit, falling to the ground with a giant crash.

Shaggy, while relieved, chuckled slightly at seeing this. “Huh… faint-o-saur.

Scooby and Silhouette each let out a giggle at this, smiling that they were finally out of harm's way.

But now wasn’t the time for jokes… it was finally time to unmask this mystery once and for all.