• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 3,894 Views, 126 Comments

The SinEater of Equestria: Cataclysm - DVB



Woe to he fated to bring about the great change of the world, for he must accept the burdens of all

  • ...
8
 126
 3,894

Chapter IV- Cause

A/N: Hey everypony! Happy Thanksgiving Break! Yeah, after some relaxation, I managed to get this chapter out. About time the others got some attention on them. It's kinda hard trying to write for everyone and making ti sound authentic. Of course, try too hard and it sounds... false. I will try and get Chapter V out also sometime this week.

Also, I having two open suggestions contests! One is for the name of the changeling in the jar. He will play an important role later on. Two is for what kind of home should Anomaly and Twilight live in. All I will say is it has to be technological. Whoever has the best suggestions, I will place a cameo in my next chapter! Just tell me through comments or messeges!

Enjoy!


Chapter IV: Cause

Twilight awoke from her dreamless sleep. For the past week, she wasn't able to dream much, but her sleep was restful at least. She looked and saw the sunrise of Celestia. Or rather, the sundown. She turned to Anomaly, who was laying down on the large spider with the Changelings nearby. It had been a week ever since she ended up having to leave Ponyville.

She was too exhausted by the events leading up to the wedding and the wedding itself to fully comprehend what had happened; with her mind clear by rest however, she began to fully grasped the ramifications of her decision. She was pretty miserable about it for the first day, but things began to gradually look up. She spent the days talking to Anomaly, who seemed content to wandering Equestria by spider. If nothing else, she found a form of solace in visting new areas. They haven't stopped in many towns and with food, he brought her some peaches that he grew from a pit.

After a week, she was probably not going to have them for a while. Besides observing the landscape, she spent her time studying the changelings. They seemed to lack individuality and spent most of their time sleeping. Then again, there was little they can do in their position outside of being in a state of statis.

However the train of thoughts halted on account of inclement weather. Namely, rain. The weather had been mainly overcast or sunny, but it was going to rain.

“We'll go and make a shelter,” Anomaly told her. While he could have cleared the rain, he did not what to show off all of his power. From the sense he managed to maintain, he figured the less power he used, the better. Well, scratch that. The more carefully he used it, the better he could maintain whatever control he had on who he was.

Also, just plain changing the weather would arouse suspicion.

As for shelter, they simply found a large cave for the Duke to slumber in and for them also. From the look of the downpour, it would be raining for the rest of the night. Twilight found herself curling up and going to sleep, but not before Anomaly placed a blanket on her.

Anomaly had curled up into a ball as he was muttering to himself. He was losing himself. ‘Simon… this is what you went through… wasn’t it?’ Anomaly told himself as he recalled the blue-skinned wizard. To think that he is able to relate to fiction in this stage…

Well, everyone needed a way to cope.

Twilight could not understand what he was saying, but she knew something was troubling him. She sought to ask him later. She got out of her bed and her horn glowed. The blanket slipped over him before she faced the fire.

She wondered how everyone was doing….

She's been gone about a week more or less and she wondered if anypony suspected something...

Maybe… maybe they can rescue her…

Twilight’s eyes widened as she remembered how Princess Luna became Nightmare Moon. She then remembered Discord… She faced Anomaly.

“No… maybe they can save us both,” she muttered to herself as she went back to her bunk and fell asleep watching the fire, wondering what her friends were doing.

The next morning, at Golden Oaks Library…

Spike woke up and scratched his scales. “Best sleep I had," Spike said before he turned and saw no Twilight. When he saw the note, he wasn't too alarmed. Perhaps she wanted to catch up with Shining and the real Cadance. He didn't think too much of it when she didn't come back and spent the days helping out his other friends, especially Rarity.

However, it was now a week and he was becoming concerned.

He figured he would start at Sugarcube Corner and start off with cake for breakfast. What Twilight won’t know, won’t hurt her, right?

Spike arrived at Sugarcube Corner and stepped inside. “Hi Mr. and Mrs. Cake, is Pinkie here?” Spike asked the duo. Before they could answer, Spike heard a loud “SURPRISE!” behind him. Spike yelped in shock before releasing a burst of green flame, lighting the candles of a nearby cake.

“Oh… hey Pinkie Pie,” Spike told her as he managed to get ahold. “Morning Spike. Whacha doin?” Pinkie asked him. “I’ve been wondering if Twilight was here. She didn't come home yet,” Spike asked her. “Nope. Haven't seen her at all,” Pinkie responded in her cheerful fashion. Spike shrugged his shoulders.

There were three other places left to check.

“Well, have a nice day then,” Spike said. “I’m coming along. It will advance the plot,” Pinkie Pie shouted. Spike looked at her for a few seconds before continuing, deciding best not question Pinkie for being Pinkie.

“Okay then, next stop would be Sweet Apple Acres,” Spike said as Pinkie Pie was bouncing along. Spike looked up and felt a drop of rain hit his snout. “Uh oh…” Spike said before the train began coming down. Spike and Pinkie Pie began running as the drizzle became a downpour. Spike and Pinkie Pie entered the nearest building.

The sight of freshly-made dresses and the sounds of stitch-work meant they entered the Carousel Boutique, the workshop of Rarity. At the sight of the ivory mare, Spike briefly went into his dazed state before mostly recovering himself, remembering that Twilight was still missing. “Hey Rarity. Have you seen Twilight? Spike said she still hasn't come home yet” Pinkie Pie said. “Yeah, I was wondering if she would have been staying at somepony else’s place,” Spike said.

“I'm afraid Twilight isn't here either,” Rarity answered, now interested at Twilight’s absence. “Well, that just leaves Fluttershy’s house or Sweet Apple Acres,” Spike said before his stomach grumbled. “Oh… yeah, I didn’t have breakfast yet,” Spike said as he rubbed the back of his head. “Well, I suppose we can all stop by Applejack’s and see if we can have breakfast together,” Rarity suggested. “Yeah, Twilight search party!” Pinkie Pie added.

Rarity’s horn glowed before some umbrellas began floating. “You know, this rain is giving me some ideas for stylish rainwear,” Rarity suggested as they began going out. The rain has softened up so it wasn’t as hard.

As the trio began heading to Sweet Apple Acres, they saw Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash under their own umbrella. “Hey Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie Pie greeted happily. “Hey guys! Fluttershy and I are going over to Twilight’s to see if the new Daring Do book came out! Wanna come?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“That’s actually why we’re going to Sweet Apple Acres. Twilight’s still not at home, so I thought she stayed at somepony else’s house. She wasn’t with Pinkie Pie or Rarity and I’m guessing neither of you seen here since last night,” Spike explained.

“Spikey-wikey thinks Twilight could be with Applejack. Besides, none of us had breakfast yet,” Rarity added.

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash looked at one another in slight surprise. They were surprised that Twilight wasn’t home since last night.

“Well, I’m sure she’s with Applejack. I mean, I wouldn't think that egghead would be gone from the library that long,” Rainbow Dash said while Fluttershy simply nodded in agreement. And with that, the friends headed to Sweet Apple Acres and hoped Twilight Sparkle was there.

“What do you mean she’s not here?!” Spike asked once inside Applejack’s home. The rain began picking up when they arrived so Applejack invited them in. They were going to have a late breakfast, what with not having to water the trees early in the morning.

“Sorry Spike, but Twilight's not here…” Applejack said as they were at a table. “It's been a week and we still haven't heard anything. I hope nothing bad has happened,” Fluttershy stated. “We should check around her house for clues,” Pinkie Pie said as she pulled out a magnifying glass.

“How about after breakfast?” Spike added as everypony’s stomach grumbled. Rarity and Rainbow Dash looked a bit embarrassed, Pinkie Pie just snickered while Fluttershy just eeped. Applejack also snickered a bit while Spike blushed also.

“All right then. We’ll look for Twilight after breakfast then,” Applejack said before breakfast began being served.
After breakfast, at Twilight’s house

“Anypony see anything yet?” Spike asked as they looked around Twilight’s house for anything. Spike figured perhaps Twilight left a note somewhere and it got misplaced. “Nothing here,” Rainbow Dash said. “Well Spike, I reckon there isn’t anything here to tell us where Twilight is,” Applejack said.

“Do you think something could have happened to her?” Fluttershy wondered out loud. Everypony looked at her as they began thinking the same thing.

“Like what? Last time we saw Twilight, she was back in Canterlot and we would have heard something from her parents if something happened,” Rainbow Dash wondered.

“Yeah, and who'd have it out for Twilight? I mean, Nightmare Moon’s gone, Discord is still in stone and the changelings…”Applejack began before she paused. Everypony felt a chill. While it was Twilight who saved the day, they didn’t know how and they didn’t ask her.

So the changelings were still out there possibly…

“Y-you don’t those changelings have Twilight, do you?” Rarity asked as the thought filled her and the others with dread.

“Look, let’s not jump to any conclusions. I’ll write a message to Princess Celestia. We’ll the go to the train station and asked if Twilight was any of them here,” Spike said as he began writing a letter.

“And if she wasn’t…” Pinkie Pie asked as her hair drooped to its straight position. Spike held his breath before he let it out. “We go to Canterlot then,” Spike said as he finished the letter and let out a breath of magic fire. As soon as the letter vanished, the ponies and dragon began heading to the train station, all of them sharing a foreboding feeling.

Meanwhile, in Canterlot Castle

Princess Celestia had woken up feeling invigorated. She was unusually happy today. Then again, it was hard to question why. Her niece was married to a good stallion and her student had defeated the changeling invasion. Her student had grown so much… it has been awhile since she spent time with Twilight.

Then again, she did not expect much to happen today. Most of the week was spent helping to rebuild the town as well as refortifying it. Furthermore, she had her scribes look up the ancient books and scrolls for information on changelings while putting a bit more funds into the Royal guard and her espionage centers.

She let out a breath. Her niece was currently honeymooning nearby while her husband recovers from the effects of the Changeling toxins. She wished she could go out and spend a quiet day out with her sister. Or a rowdy day with Twilight and her friends.

After breakfast and examining her paperwork, she saw a message appear. Celestia didn’t expect a letter from Twilight or Spike so soon. She unrolled the message and began reading:

Dear Princess Celestia,

It’s Spike. When I woke up, Twilight wasn’t around at all. It's been a week already. I figured she might have made a schedule change and forgot, but we're all getting worried. I thought she may stayed at one of our friends’ homes, but she wasn’t in any of them.

We’re scared that the Changelings may have kidnapped her for revenge since we aren’t sure what happened to them. We’re going to ask the train ponies if they seen her arrive and then we’re going to head to Canterlot,

Spike

Celestia’s expression was one of shock before she reread the letter a few times. A stern and worried expression got on her face. It may have been possible that Twilight had decided to stay with her parents and simply forgot to alert Spike. However, a kidnapping was regrettably more likely considering motive and method. Twilight would not forget to alert Spike she would be staying with her parents so he could adjust her schedule.

But a kidnapping?

Motive: Vengeance

Method: Transformation & Kidnapping

Likelihood: Reasonably high

Celestia began getting her guards together and asked to look around Canterlot for Twilight Sparkle. She could not help but feel the unease in her chest grow.

The guard who had been assigned to contact Twilight’s parents were going back, having found nothing. He didn’t tell much to avoid causing a panic. As he headed to the castle, he saw one of his fellow guards, his younger twin brother, run to his side.

One had gold-colored hair with gold eyes and the other had silver-colored hair with silver eyes. They were both a bright shade of white. The silver haired one also had a gap in his front teeth. Their cutie marks were a gold six-sided rounded star and a silver five-sided rounded star respectably. They were some of the best unicorn guards in Canterlot.

“So, Celestia’s pupil isn’t here. This is troubling,” Golden Star muttered to himself. “So you have bad news to report to tell the princess?” Star Silver asked his older twin,

“Princess Celestia will not be happy hearing this,” Golden Star said as they approached the castle. Star Silver nodded. “What is going on? I mean, I go out to visit someone in Manehatten and I find a ruckus going on,” Star Silver asked. “Will tell you later,” Golden Star said as he approached the throne room.

Star Silver simply shook his head before going to the gardens to look around. Golden Star entered the throne room.

“Princess Celestia, I bear bad news…” Golden Star began as he braced himself. Star Silver reached the gardens before hearing the Princess release a surprising “What?!”

Star Silver had been wondering the garden before noticing an empty pedestal. Huh, that was odd. He wondered what was there before looking around. The only one missing was…

Wait a minute, he was in the restricted section and only one statue was supposed to be here…

“HORSEAPPLES!!” Star Silver said as his eyes widened as he sprinted to the throne room.

”Princess Celestia! Princess Celestia!” The guard known as Star Silver announced as he ran toward the throne room, looking haggard, though not as much as Celestia.

“Brother, I apologize for this, but now isn’t the best time. Her highness’ pupil, Twilight Sparkle has gone missing,” Golden Star explained to his younger twin. He pointed his hoof to see the somewhat frantic looking Celestia.

“What?! Maybe it has a connection to the escape!” Star Silver said as he jumped around panicky.

“Who’s escape, Star Silver was it?” Princess Celestia said, trying to maintain her calm stature but looking very worried. Star Silver cleared his throat and waited a few moments to compose his nerves.

“Discord, m’lady. He is no longer in the Royal Gardens…” he began before Golden Star looked shocked.

Princess Celestia just sat there stunned. She began taking deep breaths to calm down. First Twilight disappearing and so did Discord?! I mean, didn’t the land go through enough?

“What do you mean?” Princess Celestia asked as she managed to calm down. “Well, his statue is not there anymore. I don’t sense his magic either,” Star Silver said before the doors burst opened to reveal the ragged looking group of Spike, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Applejack.

“Princess… Princess… we asked the train ponies and they said Twilight wasn’t on any of the trains,” Spike said as he tried to catch his breath.

“Yeah, was it the changelings that got Twilight?!” Pinkie Pie panicked, somehow being the first to catch her breath.

“Calm down, my little ponies. I fear it was not the changelings…” Princess Celestia said as she looked serious.

“My guard, Star Silver, informs that Discord has somehow escaped from his stone imprisonment,” Princess Celestia told the group.

“WHAT THE HAY?!” Rarity responded for everyone. Despite the unladylike outburst, she plainly spelt out everyone's reactions to this.

“Maybe he’s the one who took Twilight!” Rainbow Dash said furiously.

“Now hold on, sugarcubes! If it was Discord, wouldn’t we see chaos by now? Applejack intervened as she tried to calm everypony down but was also scared.

While the group was debating between changelings and Discord, Star Silver and Golden Star were talking to themselves.

“Your thoughts, brother?” Golden Star asked Star Silver. “Hmm.. wasn’t Twilight the one who disrupted the rehearsal and then Shining told her off,” Star Silver asked before Golden Star nodded his head.

“Correct. Twilight Sparkle is the younger sister of Shining Armor,” Golden Star said. “Well, maybe she left on purpose. Think about it. I mean, her brother, her friends, her mentor all thinks she’s nuts and left her. Then she ends up saving us all from the changelings,” Star Silver says.

“Hmm… interesting. If they have not apologized, then that would have served as motivation. Although she did act foalish in her approach, the facts were that did Twilight Sparkle was close to Princess Cadence and she has done enough to merit some ,” Golden Star says in an agreeing tone.

“Yeah, she then even saved all of our flanks and we really didn’t thank her…” Star Silver said before both brothers realized something.

It was quiet.

Too quiet.

Slowly, they turned their heads around to see Spike, the rest of the Mane 6 and even Princess Celestia facing them with a mix of horror and shock.

Golden Star and Star Silver faced one another before they facehoofed.

Ooooh colt…oooooh colt indeed.

Author's Note:

Author's Notes: Well everypony! Looks like the uncomfortable truth has been laid out. How will everypony face up to what they have done? How will they try and find Twilight? We will find out soon. But for now, enjoy this preview of Chapter 5 and don't forget about my two contests!

"A human? What is that?" Twilight asked as she looked to Anomaly.

"I am a human... or rather I used to be. In my world, magic didn't exist or if it did, we did something to mess things up. I don't know. In fact, being here would be considered beyond impossible in my world," Anomaly explained as he looked at the fireplace.

"We're a tempermental and volatile kind..." Anomaly elaborated on...