• Published 17th Dec 2011
  • 5,179 Views, 103 Comments

Pinkie Pie: Feelings Get! - RaccoonBL



Pinkie Pie must decide her feelings for her crush and also get the courage to tell her friends.

  • ...
4
 103
 5,179

Chapter 4: Shyness is not a Rarity!

Pinkie pie trotted happily down the road toward rainbow dash's cloud home. The cake her and the Cakes had prepared for the blue Pegasus, was secured safety in a cart she had borrowed from applejack. She was about half way there when she decided it was time for a break. She saw a nice tree where there was a good amount of shade. Parking the cart and unhitching herself was simple and gave her more time to lay back, relaxed, against the tree. She gazed out onto the street and watched the other pony ville-ians go about their daily lives.

Derpy and Dr. Whooves seem to be in a hurry to go somewhere. Pinkie had heard a silly rumor that Derpy and Dr. Whooves have had time traveling adventures in a thing called a Tardis, but that had to be utter nonsense...right?

Pinkie also spotted Lyra and Bon-bon chatting. Those two had been dating for a while. At first ponyville wasn’t very accepting of two mares dating. Even Pinkie’s friends had never vocalized their opinion on what to think of them. This made Pinkie more demoralized about telling her friends.

She then spotted Fluttershy who was, wait, Fluttershy! Fluttershy was here and without any pony else! This is the perfect time to tell her. She is the most kind and caring pony she knows; she couldn’t possibly hate her, she’s perfect to tell first. Pinkie Pie trotted towards Fluttershy but suddenly stopped.

But what if she becomes uncomfortable around me? Thought Pinkie Pie. What if she starts to avoid me because she thinks I’ll start flirting with her? Pinkie Pie started trotting back to the cart to make a clean get away. Fluttershy however, noticed her.

“Hay Pinkie.” Said Fluttershy. Pinkie froze.

Too late! Thought Pinkie Pie. Pinkie slowly turned around to face Fluttershy.

“Um, hay Fluttershy.” Said Pinkie Pie. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh, I was just picking up some carrots for Angel.” Fluttershy looked over Pinkie’s shoulder to see applejack’s cart with a box on top. “Um...whats with the box?” Pinkie Pie looked behind herself, smiled, then faced Fluttershy again.

“Oh...” Said Pinkie nervously “Inside the box is a cake that I’m going to deliver to Rainbow Dash for saving me yesterday.” Replied Pinkie Pie. Pinkie then started giggling and even blushed a little.

“Well, that’s nice.” Fluttershy was about to leave when she had an idea. “Hay, Pinkie, can I come with?”

“Sure.” Answered Pinkie. “But, what for?”

“Oh, I just wanted to see how Tank was doing.”

“Okie Dokie Lokie!" Exclaimed Pinkie Pie. Fluttershy was about to go to Dash’s house when she was stopped by a pink hoof. “But first,” Pinkie spoke with considerably less enthusiasm. “I need to tell you something.”

“Sure Pinkie, what is it?” Responded Fluttershy.

“It's something important. Can we sit under the shade please?” Fluttershy proceeded to follow Pinkie’s instructions and sat down in the shade. Pinkie followed suit. “Fluttershy, before I can tell you what it is, I need to know. Would your opinion of me change if I had something about me that most ponies thought of as immoral?” Fluttershy tapped her hoof to her chin.

“Hmmm...Well, I guess it depends on what this “immoral” thing is.” That was what Pinkie was afraid of.

Great. Thought Pinkie. I'll have to follow my gut and hope for the best.

“Well Fluttershy. I...I...Like somepony.” Fluttershy had a look of confusion on her face. Pinkie Pie was too preoccupied to noticed. She could have sworn she heard the sound of somepony giggling.

"Um, Pinkie.” Began Fluttershy. “That doesn't sound bad. In fact, that actually sounds kinda swe-.” Pinkie however put her hoof to Fluttershy’s mouth.

“You didn’t let me finish, that somepony is...” Fluttershy was drawn in. Pinkie Pie took in a deep breath and tried again. “The pony that I like is...is...” She concentrating all her might in to saying those two simple words. "...Rainbow Dash..." Fluttershy had a predictably shocked look on her face. However, that wasn’t really important because right after that moment, the sound of a bag hitting the ground filled both Pinkie’s and Fluttershy’s ears. They both looked behind the tree to see...

“RARITY!?!” Shouted Pinkie Pie. Rarity was in a panicked state.

“Oh, um hay Pinkie darling.” Said Rarity. “Um, so I was just shopping and in the neighborhood when, um, look over there!” Rarity pointed her hoof and an attempt to fool Pinkie Pie and escape the situation. Pinkie wasn’t fooled though, she quickly galloped at full speed and intercepted Rarity with a tackle. Pinkie Pie held Rarity down in the dirt, with a look of disgust on her face.

“Ugh! Pinkie Pie, get off me!” Ordered Rarity. Pinkie Pie gave her a stern look.

“Not until you promise to not run off so we can discuss this like civilized ponies.” Replied Pinkie.

“Fine Pinkie.” Agreed Rarity. “I promise I won’t run off, now get off.” Rarity continued to struggle, but Pinkie wouldn’t budge. “Pinkie, I already promised.”

“Pinkie Pie swear.” Commanded Pinkie.

“Alright, alright Pinkie.” Said Rarity. Rarity gave out a sigh of embarrassment. “Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” Pinkie Pie gave a giggle and got off of Rarity. They all sat back down in the shade.

“Why were you spying on me Rarity?” Asked Pinkie Pie.

“Darling, I was just walking around town getting some shopping done and was just carrying the bags of supplies home when I saw you two talking. I wanted to say hello but it looked like what ever you girls were talking about was important. I was about to just walk away when I heard Pinkie Pie say she liked somepony. I gave a little giggle and before you girls could spot me, I hid behind a tree. That was juiciest thing I had ever heard and you know how I love gossip. However, when you said your crush was on Rainbow Dash, why, I was so shocked I dropped my bags. You pretty much know the rest.”

“So why did you run? Were you planning on spreading it around?” Asked Pinkie with a dejected tone.

“Darling, I would never do that to a friend.” Replied Rarity. “I was just confused and in panic, that i didn’t expect you to say you had a crush on a mare and when you did, I knew I shouldn’t have heard that. To make matters worse, you spotted me and I felt like I shouldn’t have to talk to you at the moment so I fled. I’m sorry if I hurt you.”

Pinkie Pie then let out a sigh. “So, now that you know, what do you think of me liking...a mare?” Rarity thought about this for a moment.

“Whether you like stallions or mares isn’t really important.” Replied Rarity. “As long as you stay the same Pinkie, that's all that matters to me.” Rarity gave her a smile and opened her arms for a hug. Pinkie’s eyes welled up with tears of joy. She accepted the hug happily. Fluttershy thought that it was probably time for her leave, so she started trotting away.

“Hold it.” Said Pinkie. Pinkie Pie stopped hugging Rarity and turned to face Fluttershy. “Whats your opinion on this?” Fluttershy just gave pinkie a smile.

“Oh, I don’t really think its much of a big deal.” Answered Fluttershy. “I mean, I sometimes see two animals of the same gender fall in love. Sometimes they even go as far as to m-Eep!” Squeaked Fluttershy, realizing what she was about to say. Pinkie and Rarity both laughed while Fluttershy’s face lit with crimson. “Sorry, sometimes I get a little too carried away when talking about animals.”

“It's ok Fluttershy.” Reassured Pinkie. “Now, there is one final thing I would like to discuss. None of you can tell anyone else. I have to tell them myself. Is that clear?”

“Crystal!” Responded Fluttershy. Pinkie Pie smiled.

“And you Rarity?”

“I’ll make sure I won’t...on one condition.” Said Rarity.

“A condition?!?” Said Pinkie in disbelief. “Rarity, you are my friend! You should help me out on this without asking for something in retu-.” However, Pinkie was silenced before she could finish by Rarity’s hoof.

“The condition.” Continued Rarity with a grin. “Is that when you two decide to get married. It is I you will turn to for your wedding dresses.” Pinkie Pie giggled and then pulled everypony into a group hug.

“It’s a deal!”

“Now I must be off you two.” Interrupted Rarity during the group hug. “I have to go back home and make sure Sweetie Belle hasn’t done anything to the Boutique. Good luck Pinkie with-” Rarity paused to giggled, “-Rainbow Dash.” Rarity then trotted of away towards her shop. Pinkie got up to hook herself back up onto the cart.

“So, Fluttershy.” Began Pinkie Pie. “You still coming with me to so I can deliver the cake and you can check on Tank?” Fluttershy nodded.

“Yes, plus, I want to see Rainbow’s face when you give her the cake.” They both giggled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Pinkie and Fluttershy made it to the ground below Rainbow Dash's cloud home, they noticed something. Right below Dash’s house was a fence. In the fence was Rainbow Dash’s tortoise, Tank.

“I’m really going to have to talk to Rainbow Dash for better sleeping arrangement for Tank.” Said Fluttershy. Pinkie Pie gave a laugh.

“Hay Fluttershy.” Said Pinkie. “Can you help me get Dashie down for me?”

“You got it” Fluttershy then flew up to get Rainbow Dash. While she was doing this, Pinkie Pie unhooked herself from the cart and took the box off it. “Rainbow Dash. Pinkie has something for you.” Rainbow Dash shot out of bed.

“A present?” Asked Rainbow. “I’ll be right down.” By the time Fluttershy touched down on the ground, Pinkie had already taken the cake box off from the cart. “OK Pinkie whats this present, it better not be a prank.” Pinkie opened the box and took out the cake inside, presenting it to Rainbow Dash. Rainbow's jaw dropped with a surprised look on her face.

“Do you like it?” Asked Pinkie Pie. “Me and the Cakes made it as a thank you for saving my life.” Pinkie Pie blushed. “I can’t thank you enough.”

“Pinkie” Began Rainbow Dash. “This is beautiful. Thank you.” Rainbow Dash came over and gave Pinkie a warm hug. Pinkie was now heating up to the extreme while she was being embraced by Rainbow. Pinkie suddenly felt a pang of courage while she embraced Dash. Fluttershy giggled.

“So, Rainbow Dash.” Interrupted Fluttershy. “How are you doing with Tank.” Rainbow turned to face Fluttershy.

“I’m taking good care of him Fluttershy.” Answered Rainbow Dash while exiting out of her hug. Pinkie was, of course, upset that she couldn’t hug Rainbow Dash for any longer, but she got over it seeing how she didn’t want to get mad at Fluttershy.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Rainbow Dash finished her cake and discussed her tortoise with Fluttershy, Pinkie decided it was time to go.

“See you later Rainbow Dash.” Said Pinkie as she walked back home with Fluttershy. As the pink pony and yellow pegasus finally were out of ear shot, pinkie finished chatting with Fluttershy. “It is nice to know you don’t hate me Fluttershy. Thanks for understanding.”

“Its no problem at all Pinkie Pie.” Replied Fluttershy. “Just remember that if you need any help, I’ll be there for you.” Fluttershy then hugged Pinkie Pie. After the hug Fluttershy told Pinkie that she would see her later, and waved goodbye. Pinkie had one thought on her mind left.

So, now I have two down with two more to go. Thought Pinkie Pie. Then I’ll be all set to tell Rainbow Dash the truth. Pinkie Pie thought about it for a moment. But should I tell her immediately about it? When would be the perfect time to tell her? When is it just right...