• Published 17th Dec 2011
  • 5,181 Views, 103 Comments

Pinkie Pie: Feelings Get! - RaccoonBL



Pinkie Pie must decide her feelings for her crush and also get the courage to tell her friends.

  • ...
4
 103
 5,181

Chapter 2: The beauty of a sunset *Update*

“What in the world does Pinkie want now?” Rainbow Dash looked backed at the note she received:



Dear Rainbow Dash,

I want to tell you something. Its kinda embarrassing and I just want you to hear it; Please don’t bring anyone else with you. If you can come and listen to me, then please go to where we were yesterday. And please make sure you are not followed. Remember to go near sunset. Ok?





Sincerely,

Pinkie Pie

She quickly stuffed the note into the saddle bags she was carrying and trotted into the Everfree Forest.

“Now...Where was the route again?” Rainbow Dash started to worry as she got deeper and deeper into the forest. She started wondering if she might get lost in the unnaturalness of the Everfree Forest. When she was almost down to full panic, she noticed a trail of candy and frosting. “...Figures...”

Rainbow Dash quickly followed the trail. As she continued to follow the trail. she noticed a light coming closer.

Thats it! Thought Rainbow Dash. THE EXIT!

Rainbow Dash was now running full speed. She was blazing by the trees, rustling the leaves. When she made it past the exit, she noticed a lone figure near the edge of the cliff. She had a dark pink mane and a pink body.

Pinkie Pie!

Rainbow Dash glided over to where Pinkie pie was sitting and landed near her. She was facing towards the edge of the cliff so Rainbow Dash didn’t know if she noticed her there. She was apparently watching the sunset. It was a beautiful site to behold from right here. Why would Pinkie Pie ask to talk when there is a beautiful sunset before them?

“Hay Pinkie! I’m here!” Said Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie quickly turned to face Rainbow Dash with a surprised look on her face. She then proceeded to blush and tilt her head towards the ground. “So...” Said Rainbow Dash trying to break the awkward silence. “What did you want to talk about?” Pinkie Pie then started to blush even harder.

“Um...” Started Pinkie Pie. “Its just something I needed to tell you since yesterday.” Pinkie Pie then patted the ground next to her with her hoof. “Come on; watch the sunset with me.” Pinkie then reposition herself and then turned to face the sunset once more with her legs dangling off the edge of the cliff. Rainbow Dash hovered closer, then sat down next to Pinkie with her legs dangling as well. Rainbow Dash watched the sunset with Pinkie Pie for a couple minutes. She was starting to see why Pinkie was so intently watching the sunset: It was just so breathtaking.

“I don’t know where to begin.” Said Pinkie, which suddenly caught Rainbow Dash off guard. “I guess I should start by telling you, we’ve been friends for a long time.” Pinkie Pie turned her gaze towards Rainbow Dash. “We became even more like friends when we discovered that we both like pranking.” Rainbow Dash smiled.

“Yeah I know, I can’t believe I thought you were just some annoying mare.” Said Rainbow Dash. This caused Pinkie Pie to draw back a bit and become dishearten but she continued anyway.

“Well...Anyway.” Began Pinkie Pie. “After we both found out about this fact, we started hanging out more. We got really close.” Pinkie Pie started to blush but Rainbow Dash hadn't noticed. “Then yesterday happened...” Pinkie Pie got up and trotted away from the edge of the cliff and had her back facing Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash held her gaze on Pinkie.

“What was suppose to be a simple afternoon of pranking turn into me almost falling to my death.” Pinkie Pie moved her head in a way facing the ground. Rainbow Dash inched closer, listening intently.

“But...” Pinkie Pie raised her up towards the heavens. She tilted her head to face Rainbow Dash. “You saved me Dashie...YOU saved me! And when I opened my eyes after I thought I was flattened. Your face was the first thing I saw. Your beautiful face.” Rainbow Dash blushed slightly at that comment and so did Pinkie Pie. “Then I realized something. We have been friends through thick and thin! You have always been there for me. You are always so daring, confident, and so protective of your friends.” Rainbow Dash gave a snicker.

“Pfft! You know it.” Said Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie giggled.

“Anyway.” Said Pinkie Pie. “I had always felt a special connection between us for a long time, but I really felt it yesterday.” Pinkie Pie took Rainbow Dash’s hooves. “I guess what I’m trying to tell you is...Rainbow Dash...I...I...” Pinkie pie closed her eyes and looked away as she spat it out.

“I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU!” Pinkie Pie was now, blushing as her eyes welled up potential tears. Rainbow Dash was shocked and reeled back.

Pinkie has a crush on me? Thought Rainbow Dash. She couldn’t believe it. She knew that they were close, but not that close. She didn’t even think that her mare friend would want to be, well, her marefriend. And plus, the fact that they are both mares to begin with, made this even more uncomfortable. It was just...unnatural. She kept thinking about it while Pinkie Pie was beating herself up and nearly sobbing. Rainbow Dash finally found the answer and knew what she had to do.

Rainbow fluttered over towards Pinkie Pie and put her hooves up to Pinkie Pie’s face and tilted it towards hers. Their eyes were now facing each other. Pinkie Pie was blushing a deep crimson and turned her gaze away from Dash. Rainbow Dash noticed her blushing.

Has she always blushed when she was around me? She remembered when Pinkie Pie mentioned something about yesterday. I should’ve noticed before.

“Pinkie, look at me.” Said Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie followed Dash’s instructions and turned her head back to the mare of her dreams. “I need to ask you something. Have you always liked mares?” Pinkie Pie shook her head.

“No, just yesterday when I found out about how I felt about you.” Said Pinkie Pie still nervously blushing. Rainbow Dash thought about what she said for a moment then proceeded to ask another question.

“If we did...“Go out,” how would you treat me?” Pinkie Pie was shocked.

“I would treat you like I do now.” Said Pinkie Pie with confidence. “However.” Began Pinkie. “I would try to protect you more. I would always be there for you no matter what.” Rainbow Dash smiled. “I would always treat you, like lovers are suppose to treat eachother. I like you a lot Rainbow Dash. And if we did “go out,” Just know I would always want to spend time with you whenever you need it. Rainbow Dash chuckled.

"That's great to hear Pinkie Pie."

"And there's another point." Began Pinkie. "I would always try my hardest to make you smile and laugh whenever you’re down in the dumps or just depressed.” Pinkie Pie smiled. Rainbow Dash smiled back. “I want you to know who to turn to when you want a silly little happy face instead of a bad little frowny face.” The cyan pegasus and Pink earth pony both started laughing and giggling uncontrollably. Rainbow wiped the tears of laughter from her eyes. Then she finally spoke to Pinkie about her final question.

“Well then.” Said Rainbow Dash. “I have one more question...” She then took Pinkie’s hooves into her own. “...Do you want to go out with me.” Pinkie’s face lit like a lightbulb, no, a christmas tree, no, it was indescribable how overjoyed she. She then jumped in the air and let out a big.

“YES!”

They gave each other a hug and squeezed each other tightly.

“Dashie...”

“Pinkie...”

They then both drew back a little bit and stared into each others eyes. They then inched their mouths closer, and closer and...

“Hay Pinkie! Its time to wake up!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WHAT!? WHO?! WHEN?!? WHY?! HOW?!? Said Pinkie Pie as she shot straight out of bed.

Huh? Thought Pinkie Pie while she was recovered from being woken up by the cakes. So its true. I do have a crush on a mare...I have a crush...on a RAINBOW DASH! Pinkie Pie sighed. I never, in a million years, thought that I would even dream of liking a filly. I don’t know what to do with myself anymore.

“Pinkie Pie!” Called Mrs. Cake. “You food is going to go bad if you don’t hurry.”

“Plus.” Added Mr. Cake. “Its your favorite...CAKE!” Pinkie Pie’s face beamed.

“OH BOY!” Shouted Pinkie Pie. “Cake!” As Pinkie started to race down stairs to the kitchen, another thought came to mind.

The cakes sure are caring. Thought Pinkie Pie. They might helped me out in this crazy, messed up predicament. Pinkie Pie then proceeded to go father down stairs when another thought came to mind. But...What if they don’t accept me? What if they don’t let me stay! What if...they hate me? Pinkie Pie sulked her head down. She then picked her head up once more. I’m just going to see how it turns out! Its the only way to solve my problem! And with bravery and uncertainty, she trotted into the kitchen...