• Published 17th Dec 2011
  • 5,179 Views, 103 Comments

Pinkie Pie: Feelings Get! - RaccoonBL



Pinkie Pie must decide her feelings for her crush and also get the courage to tell her friends.

  • ...
4
 103
 5,179

Chapter 1: Falling for someone! *Update*

“Come on Rainbow Dash! I have this BIG prank set up, you got to see it!” Said an ecstatic Pinkie pie. “Hurry, Hurry, HURRY!” Its was bright, sunny morning in Ponyville. The birds were chirping; the ponies were playing. The Pegasus ponies really outdid themselves today. All was well with ponyville. It was a simple, casual day, which is a perfect day for pranking by the way. Ah, pranking. Its was one of Pinkie Pie’s and Rainbow Dash’s favorite things to do together. In fact, its what got them to be friends in the first place. Unfortunately Rainbow Dash wasn’t exactly in the mood for pranking, but she would gladly come along to see Pinkie’s prank.

“Wait up Pinkie Pie,” Said Rainbow Dash. “I’m still a little exhausted after clearing the clouds today so we better make this quick.” Pinkie led Rainbow Dash to a cliff area where there was pair of binoculars resting near the edge. Pinkie pie picked them up and peered through them. She smiled when she found the prank was still there and they haven’t missed it.

“Take a look Rainbow Dash.” Pinkie lightly tossed the binoculars towards Rainbow Dash. The binoculars fumbled in her hooves for a little bit then she tilted the binoculars up to her eyes. Rainbow Dash surveyed the land for a little bit, but she found no “BIG” prank. “Um...Pinkie.” Began Rainbow Dash. “Where is this “BIG” prank you’re talking about? Pinkie gave a little giggle and then pointed with her hoof.

“Right there, silly.” Pinkie pie responded. She then proceeded to point with her hoof where exactly her prank was. It was right near sugercube corner. Rainbow Dash peered through the binoculars again. She noticed there was a sole banana peel in the middle of the road. “...Your idea of a big prank,” Began Rainbow Dash, “...is a banana peel?”

“Yep!” Replied Pinkie pie. “Isn’t it great! Though, I am surprised no one has stepped on it yet, but that means we can still see someone slip.” Pinkie pie started giggling to herself. Rainbow Dash still was unsure about this.

“Wait...so why are we up on this cliff instead of down there?” Asked Rainbow Dash.

“So we won’t get caught, Duh!”

“But we would’ve had a better view of the action if we were down there instead of up here.” Pinkie pie smiled.

“That is why I brought a pair of binoculars to watch the prank.”

“...Pair?” Rainbow questioned. “I only see one binocular, and that is the one I’m holding. There is no other one.” Pinkie Pie just shot Rainbow a sneaky smile.

“Is there?” Pinkie pie then bounced her way over to the bushes to fetch another pair of binoculars. She then proceeded to show it off to Rainbow Dash.

“Why were you hiding...?” Rainbow Dash decided to shrug it off. This is Pinkie Pie we’re talking about. You can’t explain anything when it comes to her. “Forget it Pinkie Pie.” Pinkie Pie gave another one of her giggles. She then came to a realization.

“Oh my gosh! The prank!” Pinkie Pie quickly positioned her binoculars to eye level then checked to see if the banana peel was still there. When she saw that the set up was still undisturbed, she gave a sigh of relief. “Phew.” Rainbow Dash couldn’t help but give her own little giggle now. She then looked through the binoculars herself. She noticed a yellow figure walking backwards towards the banana peel apparently escorting a group of ducks. Rainbow Dash recognized the yellow figure instantly.

“Pinkie Pie!” Rainbow Dash shouted. “Its Fluttershy! She’s heading towards the banana peel!”

“WHAT?!? We have to stop her!” However, before she could even try to stop the most likely inevitable slipping on a banana peel, Pinkie pie tripped and flew off the side of the cliff. Pinkie Pie was screaming for her life. It couldn’t end like this! Not when there is so much stuff to do. And definitely not over something so stupid like tripping over the side of a cliff.

About three seconds until impact. Most ponies say that you see your life flash before your eyes when you think you might meet your demise. Pinkie Pie’s life did flash before her eyes, but not only that, but also her hopes and dreams. Her dream of of holding the biggest, bestest party in all of Equestria. Her dream of breaking the record for most eaten sweets. There was one dream that she hadn’t thought of in a while. something she didn’t think about because she never really had the time to go through with it. It was the dream of finding that one special stallion. However, now that she thought about it, she really wished she had.

She closed her eyes tightly. She was so close to hitting the ground. However, it no longer felt like she was falling to her death. It felt more like she was...floating? She opened her eyes to see that Rainbow Dash was holding her.

There was something Pinkie noticed about Rainbow Dash that she never really had noticed before...her eyes. Pinkie noticed they were beautiful. Her rose colored eyes were so entrancing. She also noticed her beautiful hair. The way it was flowing in the breeze...and lastly her smile. It was a beautiful smile.

"Pinkie Pie..."

She could stare at her smile all day.

“Pinkie Pie!”

Everything, really was just stunning, about Rainbow Dash.

“PINKIE PIE!”

Pinkie Pie snapped out her trance to see Rainbow Dash was trying to speak to her.

“Oh...um.” Pinkie had huge blush on her face. “Thanks for saving me Rainbow Dash.”

“No problem Pinkie, I would never let my friends fall to their demise.” Pinkie pie gave a little giggle.

“WAH!” Pinkie Pie’s and Rainbow Dash’s heads turned at the same time to see Fluttershy slip on the banana peel.

“...Oops...” Said both Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash quickly,(but gently), placed Pinkie Pie on the ground. They then both rushed over to Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy!” Began Rainbow Dash. “Are you ok?”

“Oh, I’m fine.” Replied Fluttershy. “I’m just a little bruised up.”

“I’m so sorry Fluttershy.” Spoke Pinkie Pie. “I didn’t mean for you to get caught up into the prank.” Pinkie Pie gave her a nervous frown.

“Its ok Pinkie Pie.” Said Fluttershy. “As long as you didn’t mean it then everything is fine.” She then gave a little smile and Pinkie pie smiled back. “Though...” Began Fluttershy. “The ducks did end up running away when I slipped on that banana peel and now I have to round them up again.”
“Don’t worry! We’ll help you gather the ducks.” Offered Pinkie Pie. She then turned to face Rainbow Dash with a smile. “Right Rainbow Dash?”

“US!?!” Said Rainbow Dash with objection in her voice. “It was your pra...” Before Rainbow Dash could finish her argument, Pinkie pie gave her a stern look. Rainbow Dash let out a sigh. “...Fine...”

“That’s more like it.” Said Pinkie Pie with a smile.

“By the way Pinkie Pie.” Began Fluttershy. “I heard a scream that sounded like yours. What was that?”

“Oh...” Responded Pinkie Pie. “You see, I kinda ended up tripping and falling from that cliff up there.” She then proceeded to point towards the cliff she was previously atop of.

“OH MY GOSH!” Exclaimed Fluttershy. “ARE YOU HURT?!? WHERES THE DAMAGE?!? Quickly! Let’s hurry to my house!” Fluttershy then proceeded to try to dash towards the cottage but Pinkie Pie stopped her.

“Calm down Fluttershy.” Reassured Pinkie Pie. “Rainbow Dash saved me before I could reach the bottom. She then began to blush again. What was with her? She started to think about Rainbow Dash in a weird way. It was almost as if she...

No, no, no. Pinkie Pie thought to herself. I’m a Mare, she’s a mare. Its just not right. Pinkie Pie thought deeper about it. Besides, it was probably just because she saved me from almost certain death. It’s probably just my emotions recovering from the fall.

“Pinkie Pie...”

Yeah that had to be it!

“Pinkie Pie!”

Twilight may even have book about this kind of thing. It probably happens all the ti...

“PINKIE PIE!” Shouted Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie Pie started to blush really hard.

“Hehe” Responded Pinkie Pie. “Sorry about that.”

“What’s with you today Pinkie Pie?” Asked Rainbow Dash. “You seem to be staring into space.”

“Oh...” Said Pinkie Pie. “I’m probably still trying to recover from the fall.” Which was, after all, half true.

“Anyway Pinkie Pie.” Began Rainbow Dash. “I was trying to tell you we should get going on helping Fluttershy gather her ducks.” Pinkie Pie nodded her head in agreement. “Are you ready Fluttershy?” Fluttershy leapt into the air and gave a little twirl.

“Always when it comes to animals.” The rest of day consisted of Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy rounding up all the lost ducks and escorting them to the pond that Fluttershy was originally taking them to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now a little bit after sunset and the rays of orange still in the sky. Some ponies were getting ready to go to bed or finish their activities while the two friends were walking Fluttershy home.

“Thanks again for helping me find and escort the ducks.” Said Fluttershy to her two friends.

“No probs Fluttershy.” Replied Rainbow Dash. “Like we said, or like Pinkie Pie “convinced” me. It was “our” fault and so it was “our” responsibility to help you.” Pinkie Pie giggled yet again. Sometimes this mare makes me mad. Thought Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy looked up at the sky and noticed how late it was .

“Oh...my.” Began Fluttershy. “It’s getting awfully late girls. Maybe you should stay in my house for the night. I wouldn’t want you girls to be a-attacked by some m-mean pony or some m-mean thing.”

“Don’t worry Fluttershy.” Replied Pinkie Pie. “With me and Rainbow Dash together there is nothing we can’t overcome!” Pinkie Pie started blushing again. Darn, and just when I thought I was over with that...

Both Pinkie and Rainbow Dash waved goodbye and goodnight to Fluttershy as they began their journey home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a couple hours until midnight when they finally made it back to Sugarcube corner. Everypony was asleep at the time. All except Pinkie and Rainbow Dash.

“Phew.” Said Rainbow Dash with relief in her voice. “Here we are Pinkie Pie.” Pinkie Pie started to walk towards the house. She then stopped and turned around to tell Rainbow Dash.

“Hey, Rainbow Dash.” Said Pinkie Pie. “Can, I ask you something?”

“Sure what is it?” Replied Rainbow Dash. A couple of questions ran through her head, for example: How do you feel about mares? and Did you feel anything when you saved me? and also How do you feel about me. However she decided to go with a different question...

“So are you now extra exhausted?”

“Well that’s a weird question to ask me. Well of course I am. Do you know how hard it is to round up bunnies?” Pinkie Pie started to frown realizing all the extra stress she put on Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash noticed this and proceeded to put her arm on Pinkie Pie's shoulder, then reassured her. “But,” Began Rainbow Dash, “Its all worth it when I get to hang out with my friends.” Rainbow Dash then gave a little smile. Pinkie Pie’s heart started to beat faster. “Anyway Pinkie Pie I have to go.” Rainbow Dash then dashed into the air while promising Pinkie Pie she would she her tomorrow and then disappearing into the night.

Pinkie Pie was now left alone with her heart beat started to slow back down again.

...What was that? Thought Pinkie Pie. My heart started to beat faster when Rainbow dash smiled at me. She then softly hit her head with her hoof a couple of times. Get these thoughts out of my head. Pinkie Pie then gave a little sigh. Maybe all I need is a good night sleep. So, Pinkie Pie bounced her way into Sugarcube corner deciding that the best course of action was to just sleep it off. She tucked herself in and hoped for a better day tomorrow.