• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,314 Views, 9 Comments

The Legacy Saga Part 1: Legacy's Survival - Alicornian



The Mane 6 and my OC Alicornian are on another world full of horror-able creatures called Chimeras.

  • ...
12
 9
 1,314

Ch. 1: Alicornian's Failure (Ver. 2)

Ch. 1: Alicornian’s failure (Ver. 2)

Oh, my head. What in Equestria happened? Slowly I opened my eyes, only to shut them tight immediately out of sheer pain. Whatever had happened hurt like buck but… I had to see where I was and if I was alone. I opened my eyes again, yet slowly this time, to allow myself to adjust to the pain and whatever light was here. In mere moments my vision returned by the second and to my surprise my dear friends, the six Bearers of Harmony, where all around me, all unconscious on the floor.

Slowly shaking the confusion from my head, though I soon regretted it with the sudden headache I had somehow gained. I looked around. The room they were in must have been a royal dining hall; the massive empty long table and large size of the room were enough to confirm my slight suspicions. The table was covered in a large and arguably expensive-looking ornamental covering. The chandelier and numerous wall sconces gave the room a bright yet somewhat oppressive atmosphere, as if simply being here broke some very important rule. Sighing, I began to check myself over to make sure I was unharmed and then went about the delicate task of waking up my dear friends.

I am Prince Alicornian of Equestria, adopted son of Princess Celestia of Equestria and beloved nephew to Princess Luna of Equestria. Sadly I’m not like your average Alicorn, oh no. My coat is pure silver and my hair and tail are pure sapphire. My horn is long and shaped like a blade and my cutie mark was that of an alicorn looking forward with wings spread with a sword and wand crossed behind it.

I also… change. Not like a Changeling, dear mother no. I change shape and form. When needed I gain a bipedal body, armor, and- well, it’d be best to describe each form. I have my normal form, my normal Alicorn body, and then there is my caster form. In this form, I am able to cast spells quickly and effectively when the need arises. Though what I describe may sound gory, it isn’t actually that way. Changing over to my caster form, I stand up on my hind legs, allowing my hoofs to enlarge so I can stand better.

Next, my front legs combine into one single limb and grant me a set of talon-less claws like Spike has and my regal head becomes my other limb, with yet another talon-less claw under what was my mouth. Lastly I gain a brand new helmeted head, similar to our guards; my wings stay exactly where they were on my back. My right limb, which now has a hand, could now cast powerful spells that according to Twilight, would be just as powerful as my mothers’ own magic.

Next was my Knight form. Like my Caster form, I stand up on my hind legs allowing my hooves to expand yet again, but this time with changes. My front legs now become my chest as my head splits down the middle and gain the same talon-less claws on both new limbs and my helmeted head takes it place yet again. In this form I can now use my split horn as a set of swords that could slice stone and trees cleanly in half.

Lastly is the most important form. This last form I can only gain with the help of the Six Elements of Harmony. Like my other forms I stand up on my hind legs and my front legs come down and gain talon-less claws and my head my chest granting me a much different head, like a crowned helmet. I still keep my wings in their normal place yet Elements take their places on my feet, arms, chest, and newly formed head which has the last element placed on top of like a crown, The Element of Magic.

Yes, I am the Seventh full Bearer of the Elements of Harmony. We call this form the Royal form. For the time being I was in my normal form. I am not a golem; I know this as I eat, think, love, and laugh just like any other pony. I just have special powers or something. Finally, making sure we were all up and able to move, I spoke.

"Alright, is everypony okay?"

I looked at my six friends, each nodding in confirmation. Though a bit singed, it seemed all of us were no worse for wear. Why we were all singed… I do not know.

“WOWIE ZOWIE, this place is gigantic! It must’ve cost a million zillion bits to build it!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed, zipping underneath the massive table and back to the group over and over.

Rainbow Dash took off the ground to lazily glide around the room looking it over as well. "What the buck happened? One minute I'm napping, and the next I'm here with all you guys in this… wherever we’re at… Twilight, did you have an idea what the heck happened?" my Colombian blue friend asked, landing next to my purple-coated friend Twilight.

Twilight brought a hoof up to her chin and thought on it before she spoke. "All I remember is… eating lunch with Spike. Then there was this snapping sound and then I was here with all of you." Soon Twilight looked up and around the room. She, like myself, was probably wondering why anypony hadn't come to welcome their unfortunately uninvited guests. Normally something that could cause a noise like what Twilight described should have brought someone to great us.

"Well, I don't know about any of you, but I'd prefer not to stay here. I mean, look at this place!" The white fashion unicorn, Rarity, trotted over to a small end table. The only thing taking up any space on it was an old fashioned vase with now dying flowers inside. Rarity soon took a sharp breath, and blew on the ancient vase. Immediately, a thin cloud of dust kicked up before dispersing into the air causing her to gain a coughing fit. "You see? It's as if nopony's been here for months if let alone years. Beautiful as is it, the place is obviously deserted."

Rarity had a point. I had gone to the castle library a few times and had done just as her causing ten to hundreds of years of dust to go flying. Something… wasn’t right about this place. Something wrong. “I suggest we try to find a way out of here girls. Something-”

We all jumped as we heard a noise. It sounded like it was muted fireworks popping in the distance, and was soon followed a very loud thump.

"What the hay was that?!" Pinkie Pie shouted. Even in this confusing situation, Pinkie Pie was still well… Pinkie Pie. "It sounded like a fireworks and a thump! Maybe someone's having a really, really late party! I'll bet that's why nopony is here!" She bounced towards the source of the noise; a pair of dark, heavy looking doors. I wasn’t so sure of that. The thump was far too loud to be from any known firework I’ve seen. “C’mon everypony!” I was quite hesitant at this and so was Fluttershy, who was mumbling something about wanting to stay in the dining hall.

I looked around at my friends and noticed… Applejack was trembling. Worried for our dear friend Twilight and I trotted up to Applejack, the only one of our friends we would have thought to not outwardly show concern for all of this. "Are you alright, AJ? You seem almost as quiet as Fluttershy." I asked first. "And you’re trembling." Twilight added in worried. Applejack simply looked at us and slowly said, "I'm worried. Somethin’ ain’t right about all this but gettin’ all worked up n' such jus' ain't gon help us none. We jus' gotta take this here problem one step atta time.”

We both looked at her as she looked down and stepped closer to us to talk. “Truthfully, ah’m down right terrified. Ah’ve seen scary movies a’fore n they always happen inna big, spooky place like this.” She soon readjusted the Stetson on her head and gulped. I nodded at this and looked to Twilight. “I’m with her on this one. We best find a way out of here, and soon.”

We all nodded and slowly started towards the large doors. Stopping and raising my hoof to stop everyone we listened. As we listened we all noticed the loud ticking of an old clock of some kind, possibly a grandfather clock. Rainbow flew around the room a few more times and confirmed that the room we were in was indeed a dining hall, as big as the one we have back in Canterlot. The chandelier above the table cast the room in an almost cheery mood, if it weren't for the thin layer of dust all over everything, including the floor.

At the end of the extravagant table, in front of an impressive fireplace, was of course Pinkie Pie but this time she looked a bit pale. She shifted her weight impatiently, waiting for all of us to see what she had found for ourselves. "What is it Pinkie?" squeaked Fluttershy. "I-It's blood!"

Even things as morbid as a pool of blood sounded childishly sweet when spoken by Pinkie Pie, even when it was that frightening. She quickly went back to studying it intensively. "Perhaps, somepony is hurt." Fluttershy said trembling. Gulping I came over and checked it out myself. “I’m not too sure. There is far too much blood here to be an injury. Who this is from… didn’t last long.” At this everyone turned a bit pale. This was not good. The closer I looked at it the more I felt… chilled. The blood was still fresh and leads straight to… the only exit to the room.

All of a sudden there was a soft crunch coming from the door and a moment later another crunch, this time far louder. Fluttershy bleated like a goat and almost fainted, but managed to steel her nerves with the help of Rarity who like her was trembling. Moments passed and soon nothing else made a single sound. Thinking back I gulped realizing just what I was hearing. "Twilight, Maybe I should-" Twilight put her hoof on our meek friend's shoulder. "I’ll go, Fluttershy. If I find anypony, I’ll bring them back here for you to treat." Twilight hugged the timid mare tightly.

“Wait, Twilight!” Pinkie shouted causing all of us to look her way, “My knee’s all pinchy. Be super-duper EXTRA careful, okay?” I stepped next to Twilight to show she wasn’t going in alone. The sounds we heard sounded like they came from a predator. A big one. “Right.” Twilight gulped.

“I’ll cover her,” I said as we slowly went to the door and carefully used out magic causing the door open. Slowly stepping though, we gently closed the old door to make sure the others were safe. No matter what, they will be protected. As a Mage Knight, it was my sworn duty to protect the land of Equestria and its ponies. Even as we tried, the door still let out a loud clunk after closing. “Shh, it could still be around.” I whispered.

“What could still be around?” Twilight whispered back. The studious unicorn I’ve grown up with scanned the room we currently resided in. To her right, the room looked to have stretched out a few yards before ending in a pair of aged, dark doors. To her left, the hall turned look like it was once a small rest area of some kind as there was a check in booth and right next to it... was a hunched over shadow that was cast in the light of the full moon.

“That,” I answered back, looking at it. We both gave a small gulp and silently crept into the room, very leery of the current situation. Applejack was being honest. She couldn’t help it, being the Element of Honesty. This place really was starting to feel like an honest to goodness scary movie, the kind you don’t want to be a part of. As we got closer we caught sight of the shadows source. It was a...thing, a creature we’ve never seen before. It stank of garbage and...something else, something… familiar. Yet what, I wish I knew.

Currently the creature was huddled over another creature of a different species, this one bloody and hurt. From what we could see, both creatures looked to be able to stand on two legs like myself in my Caster and Knight forms but they were unarmored. One had pitch black fur while the other didn’t have any fur on at all, only clothing of some sort. I did not know why but I wanted to magically grab Twilight and get out of there before those things spotted us. “Let’s get back to the others and block of this door. That... thing don’t look friendly,” I whispered, ready to change form should it come our way.

“No way, maybe… maybe it’s just scared and that other one is its friend.” She whispered back. I highly doubted that such a creature of that fur color or form would be scared, let alone trying to save its friends life. "Are you alright? I can help if you’re hurt... hello?" She asked it worried. The smelly creature responded with wet noises. Those noises didn’t sound like somepony trying to save a life.

Before we could move we heard a wet and disgusting snap then to our horror… the head of the second creature rolled towards Twilight just an inch, its dead eyes forever boring into our sanity. Quickly I magically grab Twilight and covered her mouth so she couldn't scream. I just prayed the creature didn’t hear us. To our highest regret… it did. The monster turned around and looked right at us.

As I had thought, the creature before us had been EATING the other one. It was some kind of predator… and we were to be its next meal. It stood up to its full hight, nearly touching the ceiling. At first I thought I was seeing another Draconequus like Discord but it was far more… monstrous than him. The Creature stood five hooves at the shoulder, was possibly ten to twenty hooves long, and looked to be about four to five thousand pounds. It had the head and wings of a black dragon, the body of a bear, the tail of a hydra, the front legs of a griffin, and the back legs of a fully grown stallion. It stank like death, and it reached for Twilight with rotting, cracking talons.

Using my magic quickly I got Twilight and I into the dining hall, the monster in slow pursuit but soon my hoof slipped off Twilight’s mouth and she shouted. "Help! It's some sort of monster!" Twilight cried. At this the creature made its move and was nearly upon her until Pinkie shoved her out of the way. “Pinkie, what are you doing!?” I screamed.

“Run! I’ll hold it AHHHHHHHH!!” The monster had lunged at Pinkie and sadly, to my utter regret, bit the nape of her neck, sending rivulets of blood down her spasming body. It soon moved to her face just as quickly as it could, and began feasting on her. She twitched and coughed blood, her entire right side of her face was now permanently grinning… without her lips. Red muscles flexed and relaxed in speratic movements and blood poured from her terrible gory wound.

Nopony, not even myself, could move as the beast dined on our energetic pink friend. Sure, we had all faced many horrors before, but nothing Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, and Alucard could conjure up was this… awful. We were frozen in place by fear as the monster continued its feast. With each gory bite we could smell its fetid breath, could smell the chewed remains of its previous gruesome meal. Each of us I guess was thinking the same thing. No, not her, anyone but her.

Soon Twilight and I had snapped out of our trance at the gurgled cries of our now dying friend. Twilight looked around, and found herself a weapon to kill the evil monster: a sword. I on the other hand changed over to my Caster form and took aim. Just as Twilight flung the sword from the mantle at the abomination I unleashed a blast spell with all the might our magic could muster. To our satisfaction the vengeful blade and blast found its mark; the head of the creature. It let out an almost sorrowful moan as it and Pinkie Pie collapsed onto the cold mansion floor, both no longer moving.

We wanted to go home. We wanted to wake up from this… nightmare! Poor Fluttershy galloped into the main hall and threw up, alongside Twilight. I could still hear them both crying their souls out at the loss of our dear friend. Soon Applejack followed to help console them as Rainbow Dash shuddered while Rarity was completely in a state of silent shock. Gulping, I did my duty as a knight and… reached for the former pink party loving pony, trying to feel anything, anything at all, a heartbeat, a pulse, anything. But… it was too late. I dropped my helmeted head and… gave the sad news to everyone. "She's… She’s gone."

At this I raised my head; and screamed. I had never screamed like this before. It was full of anger, pain, sorrow, love; everything one could hold for a friend that was just taken from them. Soon I slumped down and just cried, yet my tears never fell any farther then the visor of my helmet. Pinkie… was gone. There would be no more laughter, jokes, pranks, anything. The Element of Laughter… was gone.

After a few moments, Twilight came back over and I slowly rose. "Come on, we need to come up with a plan." Rarity and Rainbow soon entered what was now agreed upon at the main hall once again. It seemed like an eternity ago. Pinkie Pie was dead, and possibly had no way of going home. We were all quite until: “Twi? What was that thing back there?” Applejack began before being interrupted by a frazzled Twilight.

"It was a monster.” Twilight stepped forward, addressing everypony. "I saw it eating its- I don’t know, maybe one of its own kind? But it was different. It looked like a Discord, but it wasn’t. Something… something must have made it. But I don't know what and I don't care. I just want to get out of here!" She looked back at the dining room door, our current and only safe haven at the time.

"But first, we should bury Pinkie Pie.” I said finally. “That must be the front door there. We can bury her out there and come back to formulate a plan." But as we reached the end of the hall where the creature and Pinkie lied, we all stopped in complete horror. “What the hay?” Pinkie Pie and the monster…. were gone.

“Now, just a darn minute there, WHAT THE BUCK IS GOIN ON HERE!” Applejack spoke. “I swore we left the bodies right here!” I spoke. “Yeah well how we know you didn’t do anything else to them!” Rainbow accused. “Pinkie Pie was my best friend in the world Rainbow. Our best friend! Tell me just why would I do something like THIS to one of my best friends?!” I called back. “That’s because you’re some kind of freak!” Rainbow yelled. I fell over at this. Freak, Rainbow never called me that, ever.

“What’s gotten into you Dashie! You know how I hate being called that!” I called back causing all the girls to look at me in shock. “What? My wings bent the wrong way or something?” AJ came up to me and looked my right in the eye, or as best as she could. “How ya’ll know her nickname was Dashie?”

I blinked at this. “From the start. Remember when Gilda came to Ponyville and Pinkie started called Rainbow Dashie? I asked her then.” Everyone looked at me odd. “Sugarcube, We don’t remember you being there. At all.” AJ replied causing me to fall to my flank.

“That’s impossible. I mean I remember everything about you girls. We’re best friends.” Everyone was silent at this till Twilight spoke. “Maybe… you’re from a different time line then us.” I thought on that and then nodded. “Would make sense. In your world I don’t exist but in mine, we’re the best of friends and the closest of allies.”

Rainbow then flew between us. “Yeah this all fine and all but if you haven’t noticed, Pinkie Pie's gone!" This was true as we looked at the area she remained. It made no sense. Sighing I looked over the girls once again and soon fell upon Rarity. She seemed ready to vomit, but being the fashonista she is, just refused to. Though to be honest it might not be the right idea at the moment anyway. Still I was impressed that she was able to kept her mouth shut as to keep herself from gagging.

"But how? We killed that thing! I KNOW we did!" Twilight was beside herself with confusion. “Calm down Twi. No need to get over worked on this right now.” I thought of all the possible answers there where for something like this. Unless the monster was immortal-no, I couldn't think like that. Besides noting could have survived the blows Twilight and I gave. “Come on. We need to come up with some kind of plan and… a way out.” Sadly everyone nodded at this and together, we returning to the dining hall.

After about what I believed to have been two hours of discussion Twilight had come to a conclusion. “There is no way about it everyone. We need to get out of here. We don’t even know if that thing will come back or not and it might be a lot safer out there that it was in here.”

She turned to each of us and silently we nodded in approval of her currently undisclosed thoughts. "All right, everypony. Let's go." We returned to the entrance hall and got ready for what was on the other side. Rainbow currently had Fluttershy up in the air near the ceiling so she could keep her safe, Rarity was behind me and Twilight as we got ready to magically open the doors, and finally AJ was behind me, mildly shaking. With a flick of our horns we open the large front doors, ready to put this horror behind us.

Five extremely swift shadows shot into the room and it was Fluttershy who screamed. Once they stopped we could get a good look at the four legged beast. The beasts circled those of us on the ground. They looked to be dogs, timberwolves to be exact, yet if it weren't for everything about their very existence being unholy and wrong they’d be a dead match. Unlike the wooden timberwolves back in the Everfree, these seems to be made of… bone. Dog like skulls had become the shoulderblades and flanks of these evil creatures and the bodies seems to be coved in what could be thought of as fangs for fur.

Soon the first lunged at Twilight, who instinctively hurled it back out the door with her telekinesis but it soon came running immediately back in, determined to eat. I would not grant it this meal. I had already lost one pony dear to me; I was not going to lose another. Firing off my magic in short, fast bursts, I slayed the first wolf-like creature causing it to shatter into boney remains. I soon looked over to Rarity and saw that was currently kept the others at bay with an optical illusion spell, however even I knew better than to use such a spell. Whatever had converted these hounds into monsters had not robbed them of their sense of smell, and she was not faring well- neither was Twilight.

Something had set her off! I, along with Rarity were blow back as a power inside Twilight grew; a power I’ve only heard of showing up once. I was possible that she had kept control of this awesome power since her first day at mother’s academy for gifted unicorns. Turning and spreading my wings to protect everyone’s eyesight we soon saw Twilight’s eyes glowed with unrestrained magic. She opened her mouth and unleashed a wordless roar as the building magic shot forth, sending violet bolts of energy bounding in nearly every direction. The bolts scarred the once white walls, burned what lamps where left into ash, disintegrated most of the front door, it was Tartarus on Equestria, if we were still on it.

I looked around and noted that even though these wolves where extremely fast, Twilight’s current magic was far faster. The arcs found their five desired marks and seared them, filling the air with a sickening smell of charred bone. It was all too satisfying for Twilight and I to watch these deadly creatures burn, to see the beasts die. That was till the images of the innocent biped and Pinkie Pie's demise came to my mind’s eye.

"Twilight! TWILIGHT STOP, that's enough! Please!" someones voice begged. I was unsure who had spoke over the surge of power but it had done the job. Soon Twilight's eyes returned to their original state, and the magical bolts stopped frying the bone like wolves.

"I-I'm...I'm sorry..." Twilight cried breaking down and soon passing out. She had used up too much of her magic and sadly burned herself out. “Let’s get her into the dining hall. We can blockade the door and recover there. If needed I have a spell that can make anything weigh a hundred pounds and with enough items we could make the door impossible to open from this side.” I said lifting my tired friend. Nodding, we all returned to the dining hall once again putting all we could in front of the entrance hall doors.

Sighing I put Twilight down and returning to my original form started using my remembered healing spells and started using them on her. Once done I looked around the room. Rarity had joined Fluttershy in the middle of the room sleeping while AJ and Rainbow kept watch. “Hey, I um… never got your name.” Rainbow Dash spoke while coming over to lay with Twilight.

“Alicornian, Prince Alicornian.” I responded tired myself. “Well… can I call you Alex?” She asked shyly. I nodded. “Um… I just wanted to say… sorry, about yelling at you earlier.” I smiled back at her. “It was the heat of the moment. We were all… taken by surprise at what had happened.” I returned taking Rainbow’s place for the watch. “Go ahead and sleep AJ. I got this covered.” She didn’t want to but… she needed and went to get some much needed rest.

Sighing I sat back on my hunches and tried to figure out what had just happened and where were we? I thought back on the night before this living nightmare and tried to remember every detail to find some kind of clue. The night before was… the wedding. Yes, there was another Royal wedding in Canterlot and as prince I was to attend. Blue Blood and some high class snobbish pony from Manehattan. I didn’t see what the two had in common but at least it got him out of our hair.

I remembered how he treated Rarity during the Grand Galloping Gala. I’ve never seen mother chew somepony’s tail out like that but trust me, the guards weren’t the only ones shivering after that conversation. After the reception I went to spend time in the night sky with my dear Aunt Luna then was ushered off to bed as I was to oversee the Wonderbolts Try-outs, which I was informed that Rainbow had gotten into. I went to my bed after hugging my aunt then… woke up here with a headache.

It didn’t make sense. How and why this happened to all of us I… didn’t know. I wish I could have seen the moon, it always calmed me when I couldn’t figure out things and helped me really think but sadly… no windows and no moon. My mind then went back to… her. To poor Pinkie Pie, she shouldn't have died. I hesitated, I flinched, I… I let her down. I allowed that, thing, to take her life. I, was at fault. I… was not worthy of the title Mage Knight.

“Alex?” I turned to see Rarity was up and coming over to me.

“Oh, Rarity. Why are you up?” I asked as she took a seat next to me. “It wasn’t your fault what had happened to Pinkie dear. It could have happened to any of us.” She said trying to comfort me. “No Rarity. It WAS my fault. I’m a Mage Knight, I should have reacted but I froze. I let that thing take her. I allowed it to get so close to us. I-”

Rarity took my face and brought it before her own. “Now you listen to me my dear prince. We all froze when we saw that thing. We all could have done something. Fear is not something one can simply avoid. Pinkie gave her life to protect all of us and… there is no greater generosity then that.” Soon a tear fell down her beautiful face and I stopped it with my hoof. “You’re right, Rarity, but still I wish it hadn’t happened. And please, don’t cry. It’ll leave tracks.”

Rarity smiled at me and giggled a bit. “We all regret what happened but…” she sighed, “we have to move on. For Pinkie’s sake, and sacrifice.” I. I nodded. Then I turned my attention back to my friends as my ears kept listening for anything out of the ordinary.

“We may be here a while, Rarity. I think Twilight had a Magic Burnout and everyone looks strained. Best we just lay low for now till we can come up with something.” With a nod, she gave me a much needed hug and returned to her place next to Fluttershy.

The next morning I checked everyone over to see how they were. “How’s your horn Twi?” I asked helping her up. “It stings but, I’ll manage.” She replied smiling. “Just don’t overdo it alright?” I said to her worried. She nodded as she sat down with the others. With a sigh I spoke. "It’s quite obvious we'll have to find another way out if we want to survive, and so I thought of some way we can protect ourselves without having a repeat of last night." Concentrating I gained all Six Elements of Harmony and turned into my Royal Form.

The girls all gasped at this. “How are you about to do that?!” Twilight asked. “In my world Twilight, I’m the seventh barer of Harmony and can summon them when the need arises. I’m going to give each of you the Element of Harmony but please. Let me carry Pinkie’s.” Each of them looked confused at this. “The Elements have strange and powerful magic that could protect its wearer without difficulty. During one of my hardest battles, the Elements did give me quite a bit of protection, along with some interesting powers. It be best if we have them on us just in case.” I explained. Nodding the girls formed a line as I removed each Element from my current form.

“AJ, I hereby return to you The Element of Honesty. Fluttershy, I hereby return to you The Element of Kindness. Rarity, I hereby return to you The Element of Generosity. Rainbow, I hereby return to you The Element of Loyalty. And to you, Twilight, I hereby return to you The Sixth Element of Harmony, Magic.” With these given out the last glowed brightly causing me to cover my eyes. Moments later I looked upon the girls and was shocked at what I saw.

The girls’ coats, manes, and tails all became similar to mine! Metallic and gem-like. AJ’s coat was now golden and her mane and tail were now amber. Next to her was Rarity who’s coat was now silver like my but her tail and mane were now amethyst. Fluttershy and Rainbow were the next I saw. Like AJ Fluttershy’s coat was gold but a much richer, glossier, gold and her tail and mane were now rose quartz. Rainbows armor was some kind of blue I’ve never seen before but was quite metallic, as for her mane and tail they seemed to look like a rainbow tourmaline. Lastly was Twilight, who’s coat became a metallic purple of some sort. Her mane and tail were also tourmaline, just in different shades of purple. I was quite shocked at this as were the girls.

“What the hay is going on here?” Rainbow asked landing in front of me. To my amazement she was looking at me right in the eye, and I was just as tall as my beloved mother Celestia in my normal form. “I’m… I’m unsure. This has never happened before.” I replied. Boy was she intimidating when she’s able to look you in the eye. “Let’s all calm down everypony. There’s a logical explanation to all this.” Twilight spoke getting in between us. She too was just as tall as I was. This didn’t make sense but I listened.

“Remember, Prince Alex told us that the Elements were powerfully magical and had strange powers. Maybe these Elements are like him, from another world and reacted in the way they would there instead of from where we are from. Meaning…” she stopped looking at us each as she thought. Then I got it.

“Meaning the Elements react to different ponies depending on the world the Elements are in!” Twilight nodded at this. “In your world it grants you the power to gain a new magical form to fight in and protect your home. For us it would have allowed us to use a powerful spell that might have sent us home, turn Discord into a statue, or well anything I think. But here.” I finished for her. “Here the Elements become armor to protect the users! Who knows what else the Elements can do.” Everyone looked at themselves and nodded.

“But darlings, where are the Element Stones?” Rarity asked a bit worried. “They may have become your Cutie Marks. Who knows but for now we have a way to keep ourselves safe however, where to go I wish I knew.” I responded with a hoof to my chin.

“Let’s see if the room we killed those wolf things has a map in it.” Rainbow replied going over to the barricade. “Rainbow let me remove the weight spell before…” I was stopped as we all saw Rainbow push away the currently magically weighted barricade like it was a cloud. “You sure you weighted this thing down?” Rainbow asked stopping just enough that the doors could now open freely. “I’m… sure Rainbow.” I said pushing a small vase on the barricade causing it to hit the floor and make a crack into it from its hundred pound spelled weight.

“Maybe them Elements gave us some strength too.” AJ responded coming up to us. “If so we’ll have to be careful with what we handle. If a ton is just a cloud to Rainbow I’d hate to think what a piece of paper would be.” I answered her. Everyone nodded at this as we exited the room. To our amazement the wolves’ bodies or what we could call bodies were still where we left them.

“Okay… something’s odd here.” I said looking around. “Pinkie and that monster disappeared when we came back but these… these haven’t.” Rarity came forward and looked at the dead bodies. “Maybe these are different because of Twilight’s magic?” I did think that and nodded. “Speaking of magic, that was some spell Twi. What was it?” I asked. Twilight looked down and away from me embarrassed. “It um… was me.” We all turned on her confused. “Excuse me?” I asked.

Twilight sighed and explained the story of how she had gained her cutie mark fully. The Explosion Rainbow created with her Sonic Rainboom made her freak and tap into a whole uncharted level of magic. She had levitated the four teachers in the room to the ceiling, caused a baby dragon to become fully grown in a second right after being hatched, and turned her parents in to plants all at the same time and it took Celestia to calm her down and prevent her from destroying the school accidently. “So what happened to these things is… you snapped?” Rainbow asked concerned. Twilight nodded sadly and we all gathered her up into a much needed hug.

“We’ll help you Twilight, won’t we everypony?” AJ said to all of us. “Of course we will. We’re friends aren’t we?” I asked. It was hesitant but soon everyone smiled and responded the same, “Right!” Soon we separated and searched the entrance hall for a map of the area. Four an hour we searched the place till… “Um, girls, I think I found a map.” Fluttershy spoke shyly. Slowly we all came to where she was and looked at the odd looking map. “Just where in Equestria are we?” I asked looking at the multi-faced map before us. “Not sure.” Twilight said looking it over. “But it looks like someone left it here for us to find. Look it’s even marked in ink.”

We all looked closer and amazingly it was. Changing over to my Knight form I gently lifted the map up and looked it over. Thankfully it looked useable if not overly used. “Safe house, safe house… safe house; Twilight almost all of these are marked safe house. The only odd ones here are the one saying ‘You are Here’ and some place called ‘LEGACY’.” I showed Twilight the map and with a nod spoke, “Looks like it’s some kind of route. I think it’s showing us the closest place we can go that’s safe.” I nodded at this and looked to the girls. “Think we should follow it?” Rainbow came up to it and looked it over. “Yeah but… how can we be sure we don’t get lost? I can barely read it.”

I had to agree with Rainbow on that. The safe houses, ‘You are Here’ and ‘LEGACY’ was written in a way it was close to hoof script but the rest was well… impossible. Just where in Equestria where we?