• Published 10th Dec 2016
  • 2,623 Views, 205 Comments

Soul Reclamation Society - David Silver



Have you lost a dear one long before their time? Accidents, monsters, foreign attack... they can all leave you with a hole in your heart. We can fill it, and give your loved one another chance.

  • ...
26
 205
 2,623

11 - Case 05: Vinyl Scratch Trial Two

He sat there, meandering the web as per usual on a late Friday night. Without the fear of school to force him to wake early, it was easy to reach up to the early morning if he wasn’t careful. Youtube was the worst cause of this, the various videos on theories for various games and shows and books he was a part of was a simple pleasure and a good time waster.

He clicked on the next video came up. Oh, an ad. The skip ad button was there, but it never cleared itself to actually be clicked.

"Do you want to be Vinyl Scratch?" asked the computer as a 3-D rendered image of Vinyl Scratch, as if made for the PS1 era, spun around on the screen. "You could be! If you're interested, click now!"

At the mention of Vinyl Scratch his attention was piqued, sure, you see the occasional directed pony ad (one of the dangers of searching pony based theories) but not something as strange as this. It wasn’t by Hasbro, as evidenced by the lack of any official show content or their typical copyright.

Saying a quiet, “fuck it.” He dove in, clicking the ad and seeing where it would take him, most likely some 3rd party troll site or something as sneaky, but life was uneventful to the cautious.

The Vinyl figure waved as a little techno jingle played. The page swapped over to one that seemed to have Vinyl's bio and pertinents, including her sizes across the barrel, legs, and horn. Below all that, in big and bold text, it read:

Hello and thank you for your interest. In order to ensure that everyone has a happy ending, we want to make sure you're a good fit. This Vinyl Scratch has a coltfriend that is eager to meet you. He is aware of your human origins and is willing to love you and give a relationship a serious chance. If this idea bothers you, please close this window now.

He stared blankly at the screen for a couple of seconds, wondering whether this was the best troll he’d seen in awhile or whether it was legit. Moving over to the close window button he hesitated, thinking to himself, "even if this fills my computer with bugs, if I don’t do this, I’ll probably regret it."

He was a brony. Just like most bronies fantasize, the idea of being in Equestria can be a dream come true, doubly so if it involves being ponified. While the idea of changing gender was a bit to get around, and even though he was Bi and had no qualms dating another man, dating a stallion, especially one he doesn’t know, would be the biggest hurdle.

Moving his mouse away from the close button, he sat back and watched, waiting to see what would happen next.

Thump Thump Thump. Distant music could be heard, as if from a car driving past. The page's scroll tab got smaller, indicating there was more to read. A quick scroll down revealed more words.

An ideal candidate is a homebody. Do you like making delicious things and keeping a clean area? Fantastic! Active music creators discouraged, but music fans are welcome. Should have a sense of fun and look forward to growing with your new coltfriend as a team.

Sound fun? Tap Vinyl Scratch's nose to continue...

Now intrigued, he reviewed the prerequisites in his head: Well, I love to cook, while not a five star chef, making homemade food was the best, and while I don’t keep my own areas the cleanest, when I set my mind to cleaning I get pretty OCD. Weird that they wouldn’t want a musician, but whatever, never was that good anyway.

Moving the cursor to Vinyl’s nose, he lightly tapped the mouse, saying a quiet “boop!” as he did so.

Vinyl blinked and reared back as if startled. Headphones sank from the top of the screen over her fuzzy ears and she began to bob her head. In tune to those bobs, the thumping came back. Each one shook the room. Even the windows rattled, but his ears were unharmed. In fact, he felt strangely energized with every pulse of the droning beat.

Starting to slowly nod his head in time with the pulse, he wondered if his neighbors would call the cops. That would be an awkward conversation. Pleading in his head that that wouldn’t come to fruition he started to really jam to the beat, the energy he was now feeling causing him to stand up, causing his chair to fly back behind as he moved his entire body to the beat.

Music was a powerful force, known to have created entire universes. In that evening, it began remaking one body. Each powerful beat ran through his form. His left hand suddenly clenched as white fur spread over it. It should have hurt terribly, but instead it just felt like part of the dance the music conjured. Fingers congealed into a hoof with every deep thump even as a new tail began to push at the back of his pants, begging to be free.

Already seeing the trouble this could cause, he began to attempt to take off the clothing preemptively. However he couldn’t stop bobbing to the movement of the music, his movements felt more akin to a strip tease then just a toss and go. Embarrassed by his bodies unbidden sway, he attempted to take everything off faster.

However, this only made it worse, as the music started increasing in tempo, now aiding in a new set of changes. He barely got his pants off, flopping around his one remaining foot, the other already a hoof, fur creeping up with every note, encompassing his form. His face pushed outwards as the music began to get clearer. He could hear more than just the beat. He could hear it all, and it was consuming him.

His thighs started to widen as the fur came past, ripping off his underwear and leaving him fully exposed, not that he cared at this point. It wasn’t just him or the music anymore, they were one and the same. Being on two legs just felt wrong now, so he quickly fixed that by dropping to all fours on his own, his legs changing shape to better fit his new posture.

His forehooves came down on his bed, and his entire body rocked almost as if in the throes of a carnal passion, which he, no, she was in a sense. Ecstasy that only a true music fan could feel was carrying her away as her horn grew to full length, glowing dimly with growing power and pulsing with every life-changing beat. Her flanks tingled fiercely as the music paused for just one pregnant moment, then the beat dropped and her cutie mark flared into existence, leaving her gasping for air with the impact of it.

Panting for breath, her mane flaring with every wild movement she felt a feeling deep in her chest, a sense of longing for somewhere different. Being in this place like this just didn’t feel right, even though the music was just so good. So she let the feeling gather up her body into her horn and let go.

A wild sound, something more felt than heard was released, overpowering the music and leaving it to escape through the object that was created. Having the music disappear so suddenly left the transformed human on edge, almost letting a whimper out before she caught her bearings. In front of her laid what could be described as a tear, looking like someone just reached in and wrenched apart the fabric of reality, leaving a hole in which she could see a colorful landscape and could just barely hear that wonderful music.

Not having to take any time to decide, she quickly trotted through the portal, letting the music take her through to Equestria.

On the other end of that colorful tunnel, she emerged in a circle amid a dizzying collection of geometric patterns. Just outside the circle stood a dark unicorn with striped hair. She gave a puff to blow her mane free of her eyes. "Hello, Vinyl Scratch. You are a unique and wonderful thing, aren't you?" She tapped the ground, dismissing the circle. "I felt it in the magic. You really are the piece for this hole."

She Looked at the circle and tried to figure out the way it worked before responding, “I guess I am.” She paused for a second to more closely analyze herself now that she didn’t have the compulsion to dance she continued “I honestly wish I just knew the hole was there sooner.”

Fetlock reached out a hoof to the new pony's shoulder. "It wasn't. Your coltfriend is the reason. He asked me to call you, and here you are. Would you like to meet him? He's eager to see you."

“Uh, I guess, sure. Lead on.” Vinyl stammered, surprised by how quickly things were moving.

The unicorn's horn glowed, as did a button on the wall. "Gudrun, bring in the client."

The door leading to the front swung open almost immediately and a somewhat shaken pegasus was half-tossed in before it closed behind him. Robert shook himself out and looked around before his eyes settled on Vinyl. "O-oh, uh…" He would get it right, or so he hoped. "Hello. I'm Robert, you are?"

Thinking for a second, she spent a couple seconds debating whether to state her previous form or not before deciding to just introduce herself as what she chose to be

“I’m Vinyl Scratch, your new wife I guess.”

Robert flashed a smile tinged with nervousness. His eyes glanced towards the quiet unicorn to the side. "Let's see how it works out. I hope this doesn't offend… but, I can't say why, but you… You seem really… nice?" He could feel the beat still gently present, that vital musical magic that lived in his new roomie. "Let's get out of here, we can chat, maybe get a nibble to eat? I'm sure you're a little confused. I'll help, promise."

She looked around a little, giving the appearance of thinking before responding “I’m down, seems like a good way to start in a new world.”

Fetlock nodded at the two. "I trust you are satisfied?"

"Yes!" squeaked out Robert as if afraid. "Yes, yes, entirely, yes." He extended a wing as if to guard the new Vinyl from Fetlock. "We'll be going now. I won't be back. I won't tell a soul, promise, forever. Bye."

He turned away from her and tried to gently nudge out Vinyl towards the door.

Seeing Robert’s rather strange way of acting to Fetlock, she stood there looking, attempting to decipher anything from the suddenly very mysterious pony. At Robert’s insistence she started to follow him out.

Waiting till they got out she asked the first question on her mind “What was that all about?”

Robert let out an explosive breath once they were out onto the streets of Manehattan. "The less you know about her, the better." He perked an ear. "So, uh… were you… I mean, before you came here, you were a person, right? Wanna tell me about it?" He pointed down the road. "There's a nice burger place just over there. Oats, not beef, but pony tongues love it, and we both have those."

Slightly tilting her head at the non-answer she let it slide before saying, “That sounds pretty good, have to get used to the food here eventually anyway, especially if I’m going to be cooking it for you hubby.”

Poking her tongue out at him while he blushed she continued “Don’t really have much to say about the old me honestly, I was still in school, I had the basic living amenities and my most exciting time was sports and gaming. What about you, I can assume by your previous statement you weren’t born a pony?”

Robert shook his head quickly, his cheeks colored a bit as he led the way towards food. "No, with a name like Robert? Fat chance, so, uh… Look, maybe I was a bit fast about all this, so let's get this straight." He circled around in front of Vinyl. "You're my roommate. If we work out, well… great! But if we don't, I won't hold you to it. Heck, if you just want to figure something else out, fine too. Maybe we can be friends at least?" He flashed a smile, a bit sad. "It was kinda selfish of me, I mean… Were you alright just… being my girl, sight unseen?"

She paused a second to look at him directly for a moment, causing Robert to wilt a little at the impromptu staring contest “Honestly? No, that doesn’t mean I won’t give it a chance though, and having a roommate that was in the same shoes as me right now will be very beneficial either way.”

"Horseshoes." He wiggled a hoof and his brows at his joke before he turned back towards their destination. "So, awkward question. Were you a guy or a girl? I mean, jeeze." He put that same hoof behind his head as he walked on the other three. "You may be getting used to how ponies look, but you're built well."

Looking over herself she shrugged. “I was a guy before this, and I guess I look good, I have a good rump that’s for sure,” she stated, shaking it for emphasis.

Robert snorted at that, some of the ice breaking. He liked this Vinyl more than the 'real' one, for sure. "I'll catch you up on the local stuff. I want to hear about you. We're in this together, we'll make it fun, alright? Oh! I work at a record store, so if you're looking for music, I can grab some with a sweet discount."

“Hmm, I might take you up on that, though I’m fine with the ambient music right now” She said, emphasizing by syncing up her walk with the beat “Though I have to ask, is that normal?”

He perked an ear, swiveling it about. He heard traffic, ponies clopping about, some birds? He wasn't a musical pony. He didn't put it all together into the music of the world. That was not his gift. "Sounds like a city to me? It's an alright city though. It's growing on me way faster than Ponyville ever did. C'mon." He opened the door with a clever wing and gestured inside. "After you."

Author's Note:

Happy ending?

This new Scratch sure seems happy enough to be there, and Robert has learned his lesson, emblazoned onto his soul with a rusty knife.