• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 2,349 Views, 13 Comments

Sins of a Shadow - SilverFlare11



Things have never been easy for Silver. But finally, he may have found a place to stay after having been on the run for three years; Ponyville.

  • ...
5
 13
 2,349

Chapter 1-Canterlot Chase

Author's Note:

This story is rather odd in terms of writing style. The story itself is written in the third person point of view, which allows seeing everyone’s individual scenes. However, there will be periods of time where the story will jump into italics; these italics are narrations made by Silver, the main character in this story.
Now, with that out of the way, I already realize that many of you are probably thinking that this is some sort of a “My Little Pony” meets “The Fast and The Furious” type of thing, but you are heavily wrong. This is a completely different concept and a brand new idea; though it may have been used before in terms of a style, this is a new idea for me, which makes it a great, fresh story for me to write.
Even the public must remember this one important thing; I write these stories for fun and nothing else. I’m just a simple fan fiction writer. Granted that yes, I do enjoy getting noticed on the internet and I enjoy the comments and favorites I get on everything I post to DeviantART, but mainly these are just stories that I write for purposes of enjoyment for myself and the public who wishes to take the time to read something that I’ve written.
You may also have noticed that throughout my stories I use a lot of cars and rather unrealistic physics, or where physics seem to be absent. This is because of the influence of many movies which use the same type of thing. If everything was realistic all the time, then it would be boring, right? Which is why Hollywood directors who create movies and such almost always have unrealistic physics or elements in their movies and scripts. Now, I did do my best to make this as realistic as I possibly could without making it so realistic that it was boring and without making it so UNrealistic that it was stupid and made people wonder what I was doing with my life (which I’m sure most of you probably wonder already, haha).
With all that aside, many obvious disclaimers are needed here, so here we go…
All vehicles portrayed in the story belong to their rightful creators and manufacturers. I am not affiliated or associated with any of the following companies; Nissan, Honda, Toyota, McLaren, Acura, Ford, Mazda, etc.
All official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic characters used in this story belong to Hasbro Incorporated and Lauren Faust.
The characters Swift Gearheart and Heinrich Hirsch belong to my good friends, David Gullett and Bryan Dowler. I do not own these characters. All other characters belong to me. Now, with all that over with, enjoy!

Sirens rang out across the city of Canterlot. It wasn’t uncommon to hear sirens in Canterlot; however, hearing multiple sirens all at once all heading to the same place, was very uncommon.

Especially when a vast majority of those sirens belonged to police cars that were specific to federal police Nissan GT-R R35’s and Royal Guard interceptor vehicles, which depending on the preference of the pony driving them, varied.

Ponies on the streets scattered as SUV vehicles shut off many streets and back alleys, blocking them and the police ponies inside stepping out. The GT-R’s and the interceptors closed in on their central location; a small warehouse in the industrial section of Canterlot. The large door on the front of the building was made of corrugated metal with a silver finish, and the rest of the warehouse was made of bricks. All of the vehicles stopped outside of the warehouse, and the feds stepped out of their vehicles to discuss their course of action.

It was then that a McLaren P1 interceptor vehicle, complete with a Royal Guard interceptor livery, pulled up to the scene. The other policeponies looked to it as the engine revved slightly before it went silent and the door opened up.

As soon as the driver stepped out, all of the other policeponies saluted and stood at attention; it was Captain Shining Armor of the royal guard. He saluted the other ponies and then let them at ease.

“This the place?” Armor asked a nearby Sergeant.

“Yes, Captain,” the Sergeant replied. “We’ve checked the security system and video surveillance across the city. His car was last seen heading into this area and was seen leaving it several times as well. We checked all of the other warehouses and all of them were empty. This is the last one.” Shining nodded.

“Good work,” Armor said. “What’s the car he’s got again?”

“1997 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R, but it’s been tuned by an aftermarket company called Nismo,” the Sergeant answered. “Specifically, it’s called a Nismo 400R. Carries an RB-X GT2 motor which carries around 450 horsepower bone stock, but since this guy is a street racer, he’s definitely going to have modified it for more horsepower.”

“The P1 will be able to catch him if the rest of you can’t,” Armor boasted confidently. “Now c’mon, let’s get the door open and get him. He’s cornered.”

“Yes, sir!” the Sergeant said, saluting once more. Shining returned the salute before the two put their hooves back down and walked to the garage door, surveying it for a moment.

“For somepony who’s evaded the police in three cities for three years, he sure isn’t tight on his security,” Armor commented as he grabbed the handle at the bottom of the door and slid the door up a bit. There was no lock attached at all, which Armor found slightly curious. Regardless, he slid the door all the way up, revealing the interior of the warehouse. There were several workbenches, most with car parts and tools scattered across them. One of them was covered in empty energy drink and soda cans, and another had a dismantled turbocharger on it with a small can that held the ball bearings which it used. Armor then looked to the center of the garage, where the suspect’s car sat.

Like the Sergeant had said earlier, the car was a 1997 Nismo 400R, the Nismo tuned version of the Nissan Skyline R33 GTR. Only forty-four of the cars were ever made, and one of those forty-four beautiful vehicles was sitting in this garage. It was a metallic silver color with white five spoke rims, and the Nismo brand body kit and hood that had been made specifically for the 400R. The 400R stripe vinyl was also on the car, and Armor had to admit that it was a very beautiful vehicle.

“Where is he?” the Sergeant asked as they looked around, seeing no sign of their suspect anywhere.

“He might’ve bailed earlier in the day,” Armor said. “He’s crafty. He’s kept you guys at bay for three years now. I’m surprised that you didn’t ask for the Guard’s help sooner.”

“We didn’t need your help until recently,” the Sergeant said. “He wasn’t in Canterlot; he was nearly everywhere else east of here. Manehattan, Fillydelphia, Baltimare… he was in all of those, racing with different cars every time. It took us a year to find him in Fillydelphia and another to find him in Baltimare. Now it’s taken another year in Canterlot, even with the Guard’s help.”

“Alright, I get it, he’s elusive,” Armor said, rolling his eyes. “Let’s just bust this guy and get outta here so that you can start the paperwork.”

“Yes, sir,” the Sergeant replied. He then motioned to his fellow police members to head into the warehouse as he and Shining entered and began investigating, trying to find any evidence that their suspect may have still been there. Shining was looking at the turbocharger on the workbench, and he noticed that next to it were the keys to the 400R, completely untouched; presumably, the suspect had gotten away on hoof far before anypony had been at the warehouse. He placed the keys to his McLaren right beside the 400R’s and compared them for a moment.

“We can’t find any trace of him, Captain Armor,” an officer said. “He must’ve slipped away before we got here.”

“My thoughts exactly,” Armor replied. “C’mon, let’s pack it up. We’ll fan out and search the city; he couldn’t have gotten far.” The officer nodded and walked out of the garage, and the Sergeant then directed all of his fellow policeponies out of the building before Armor himself walked out and closed the large door behind him, not realizing he had left something behind.

As soon as the door had been shut, a ventilation shaft several feet above the floor of the warehouse had the vent knocked from it, causing it to fall onto the ground with a clank. Soon after, a pony stuck his head out. His silver muzzle and horn stuck out from the opening of the hood on his black hoodie, and the golden bangs of his mane did the same. His muzzle opened as he breathed a deep sigh of relief.
It’s been like this ever since three years ago. Running from them, hiding from them. I feel like a rat; I’m always scurrying around to get away from these bastards. But no matter where I end up, I can’t hide forever.

It’s only a matter of time until they finally catch me and arrest me for something I never even committed.

The unicorn then managed to get himself out of the ventilation unit and drop to the floor, feeling slight pain sting his legs from the landing. He stood up tall, looking around for a moment before rushing to the workbench that the dismantled turbocharger sat on; he knew he’d never finish the job for the street racer who had given it to him. He grabbed the keys to his 400R off of the workbench and darted to the right door of his car, getting in and putting the key into the ignition.

It was right then that on the outside of the warehouse that Captain Armor realized he’d forgotten the keys to his McLaren inside the warehouse. He walked back to the door and opened it up, and as soon as the suspect saw the door opening he ducked down below his dashboard, keeping his hoof on the keys in case he needed to start the car in a hurry.

Armor casually walked back to the workbench with the turbocharger on it and picked the keys to his car up, and he turned to head out when he did a double take. He turned back around and looked at the workbench again, unaware that the very pony that he was looking for was watching his every move.

The keys to the 400R were gone.

“What the hell…?” Armor whispered to himself, looking at the spot where the keys had been. He looked onto the ground for a moment, thinking that he may have knocked the keys onto the floor, but when he did, he noticed that a ventilation shaft vent was on the ground nearby. He walked to it and smirked as he then looked to the car. “Sneaky little bastard, aren’t you?” He took one step towards the vehicle before he heard it start up with a roar and the gearbox clanked. He dove towards the car and managed to grab the spoiler with his left hoof as it peeled out, leaving burnt rubber on the concrete floor as it shot out of the warehouse and onto the street. Armor was barely hanging onto the spoiler of the car, but as the 400R tore into a drift he lost his grip from the centripetal force of the turn and flew off of the car, landing roughly next to one of the GT-R federal police vehicles.

“HE’S IN THE CAR!!! GET HIM!!!” Armor yelled to the other police officers, and they all dashed for their vehicles, getting into them and speeding off after the Nismo tuned R33. Armor stood and ran to his P1 and got in, grabbing the radio. “This is Captain Shining Armor of the Royal Guard!” he said into the microphone as he started the car and sped off in the same direction of the other police cars. “We have found the suspect and he is running! Vehicle is a silver Nismo 400R! Make sure the city is shut down; we don’t want to lose this guy!”

“Copy that, Captain,” a dispatcher said. “All routes in and out of the city have been shut down. The suspect has no way out.”

“Good to know,” Armor said. “Over and out.” He put the microphone back on its small holder next to the radio and slammed his hoof down on the accelerator of his McLaren, making the engine roar louder as he chased down the suspect along with the other cops.

The driver of the 400R dropped the car into fourth gear and ripped the E-brake, drifting around a corner that led to an alleyway. The police followed, though some of them couldn’t make it into the alleyway and crashed instead, blocking off the alley and forcing the rest of the police to take a regular route through the streets. The driver then sped back onto the regular streets, heading for the only place he thought he might be able to escape them.

Sometimes I wonder if I should just stop all this running and tell them the whole story of what happened that night.

The 400R kept speeding down the streets, avoiding rolling roadblocks, spike strips and regular roadblocks left and right as he drifted around each and every corner, attempting to get to the area of which he thought he might slip the cuffs yet again.

However, he didn’t realize that Captain Armor, armed with his McLaren, was coming up on him from the various other side streets of the city after having strayed from the other police forces. Since Armor was once part of the guard stationed in Canterlot, he knew the streets like the back of his hoof. He knew where all of the areas leading out of town were and he knew that most of them were shut down, if not all of them.

The fugitive was surprised when Armor’s P1 careened out of a side street, narrowly missing the 400R’s rear bumper as the silver beauty sped away, and Armor ripped his steering wheel to the left, drifting the car rather crudely and speeding after the suspect, catching up to him quickly. Armor glanced at the driver of the 400R; though the hood of the jacket the suspect was wearing blocked a clear view of his face, Armor could see that the suspect’s teeth were gritted in determination, his right hoof on the steering wheel and his left on the gearshift. He smirked and slammed his P1 into the side of the 400R, causing the young unicorn driving the other vehicle to jerk his steering wheel for a moment, regaining control of the car almost instantly.

But I know they won’t listen. Every time my car gets slammed, shunted, or sideswiped… every time I get shot at and beaten up…

It just reminds me more and more of why I keep running every day of my life.

The driver of the 400R then pushed a button on his steering wheel, causing his nitrous oxide systems to trigger. One of the three twenty pound bottles of NOS brand nitrous spewed half of its contents into the exhaust pipe, and the chemicals immediately burst into flames, giving the vehicle a boost in acceleration and allowing him to pull away from Armor a bit. Armor saw this and switched his vehicle from the automatic shifting to manual, downshifting once to get more acceleration out of his car and catching up to the fugitive. He shunted the other car, swapping paint from his front bumper to the other car’s rear bumper and vice versa. The 400R swerved slightly before brake checking Armor, and Armor didn’t see it coming, smashing right into the rear bumper of the 400R. The impact jolted Armor in his seat and crumpled the front end of the P1 a bit, and the 400R’s exhaust tip fell off as well, clattering against the front of the other car until it bounced up and over the roof of the McLaren.

“Smashing up my car?” Armor remarked, staring at the 400R angrily. “Bad idea, buddy.” Once again, Armor downshifted and slammed his car into the suspect’s, damaging them more and throwing the 400R into a small slide, which the suspect recovered from almost instantly again. He then pulled up on the silver vehicle’s right and slammed into the quarter panel, spinning the car out entirely. The driver of the 400R slammed on his clutch and brakes, attempting to bring his car to a stop, to which he succeeded. He then threw the car back in first gear and revved the engine before tearing back down a side street. Armor turned his vehicle around and chased after the suspect once more, attempting to catch up.

The suspect had already taken several turns in an attempt to shake Armor from his tail, seemingly have managed to do it successfully. He turned another corner but slammed on the brakes and clutch again; there had been a roadblock in his way. One of the policeponies who stood guard at the site pulled out a pistol, firing off two rounds quickly at the silver R33. The first bullet struck the left headlight, shattering it, and the second bullet broke through the windshield. The suspect ducked down as the bullet embedded itself just above his nitrous bottles, and he threw the car in reverse, accelerating backwards away from the police officer. The officer fired his weapon once more as the driver of the 400R ripped the E-brake and spun the steering wheel of his car, doing a complete 180. The bullet struck his car in the middle of his turn, putting a hole in the door of the car before it turned completely around and roared away down the street.

“Suspect is heading down Celestial Avenue!” the cop yelled into his radio as he ran back to his car. “I’m gonna need backup down here, ASAP!”

“Thanks for that info, officer,” Armor said into his radio as he spun his car onto a nearby side street, speeding towards Celestial Avenue to continue his pursuit of the suspect. “Shining Armor out; on my way there now.” He put the radio back and drifted out onto the main streets again, taking many different turns to find Celestial, which he did; once again, he turned onto it just as the silver Nismo tuned R33 sped past, and he flew after it, chasing the suspect down to the best of his ability. The suspect saw the McLaren in his rearview mirror and shifted into sixth gear, accelerating away from the McLaren, but not for long; Armor dropped the car into a lower gear and slammed on the accelerator, catching up to the silver car instantly.

Within just a few moments, Armor had caught up to the suspect, and the two were now in a constant road rage like battle, slamming their cars into one another relentlessly as they raced through the urban streets, causing innocent bystanders to jump out of the way of the two vehicles several times. The street necked down to a one lane street, but that didn’t stop the two vehicles; they constantly traded paint and bashed in one another’s fenders and quarter panels even as they were halfway on the sidewalks. At this point, both cars were damaged to the point where it was practically beyond repair. Armor dropped back slightly and slammed the other car’s quarter panel, attempting to spin out his adversary, but the other car persevered, not spinning out at all and simply trading paint with Armor’s McLaren. He then watched as the 400R braked, smoke coming from the tires before the silver car dropped back and then slammed into Armor’s quarter panel hard enough to spin out the McLaren.

However, as Armor’s car began to spin, the front bumper of the body kit on the car caught the 400R’s tire, and the sharp edge of the bumper blew out the tire of the 400R. At the speeds of which the cars were travelling this was a horrible thing to happen. The tire shredded to nothing in mere seconds, the rubber flying in bits through the streets before the rim hit the ground, sparking and causing a horrible loud scraping noise to be heard. Both cars still flew down the street, the P1 still spinning wildly and the 400R throwing up sparks as the rim bounced and sparked off of the cobblestone street. Armor managed to regain control of his P1, but at the moment he did, the 400R slammed into him and he collided with a streetlight. It didn’t hold up well against the speeding police interceptor vehicle, but it held up well enough to make the car’s entire front end crumple into an unrecognizable mess and instantly slow the car from a speed of over two hundred miles per hour to only fifty, throwing Armor forward in his seat violently. Luckily for Armor, the airbag had triggered properly and caught his head, though it was still quite painful. The car then slid to a stop, the front axle completely broken and the wheels wobbling wildly, skewed at awkward angles.

However, when the 400R had slammed into the P1, the driver had oversteered, as he had been slightly ahead of the other car. The suspect’s car spun and slammed into the curb before flipping onto its side and then onto the roof, scraping along the ground and doing a one- eighty before slamming into a building at the end of the street, stopping it completely with the left side against the brick wall. Armor opened the door of his P1 and stumbled out, shaking his head as he leaned against a wall while he regained his balance and his double vision slowly went back to normal. After a crash like that, he was lucky to be alive; however, he was not uninjured. He did have several cuts from broken glass and a concussion from the impact of the airbag to his head. He looked down the street to the totaled Nismo tuned vehicle and smirked.

“Got you now…,” Armor muttered evilly, beginning to walk towards the once beautiful silver vehicle. He thought that the suspect could’ve been heavily disoriented or possibly even unconscious, which would make finishing this assignment easier.

What he didn’t expect was for the suspect to simply open the door of the upside down vehicle, unbuckle his seatbelt and fall onto the roof, scrambling out of the car and running into a nearby alley without so much as a tiny stumble. Armor broke into a gallop, running down to the end of the street. He turned the corner and ran into the alleyway after his suspect, following a thin trail of blood that the other pony was leaving.

I was used to car wrecks at this point. They weren’t foreign to me at all; I’d been in one both times I’d run from the cops in my flees from Baltimare and Fillydelphia. Completely totaled a ’93 Integra GSR and a ’91 MR-2.

I’d been sad about the GSR, kind of mellow about the MR-2, but now that the 400R was wrecked… I was pissed. There were only forty-four of those cars in the world, and now one of them was nothing more than a destroyed pile of scrap metal and glass because of the cops yet again.

But all that aside, I was accustomed to car wrecks.

On hoof chases, however… Those were a different story. But hey, I’d been a runner before I dropped out of school. I knew I could run pretty fast.

The chase continued through the back alleys on hoof, Armor wondering just how some random delinquent pony had learned all of these tricks and could handle this so well; Armor himself was beginning to feel winded and yet his suspect was still running like he had just started. The suspect turned a corner, and Armor followed shortly after, seeing that at the end of this alleyway there was a fence.

The hurdles, though… that hadn’t been my strong suit back in school.

Armor watched as the pony ran to the fence and jumped, and though it was a fence that would normally have been very easy to jump over, the suspect couldn’t jump very high. He saw the suspect’s back left hoof catch the top bar of the fence and cause him to lose balance when he hit the ground, which ultimately made him fall over.

Armor saw this as his chance to get the suspect as he jumped the fence with no issue, watching his suspect scrambling to get up.

“You’re under arr-“ Armor began, but was silenced when a hoof slammed into the side of his muzzle, knocking him away and shutting him up. He hit the ground hard, spitting out a small bit of blood as he scrambled up and chased after the suspect once more, seeing only the bright gold color of the suspect’s tail and the red of the blood falling onto the ground.

I was never going to let any cop, whether it was a local cop, federal cop, or even one of the Royal Guard, catch me. And the reason why?

The suspect turned a corner and saw police cars near his exit point; the local train station just before him. He knew he wouldn’t be able to get in through the front. He looked to the building right next to him, which was directly across the street from where he needed to go. He looked behind him towards Armor and then back to the cop cars, where the police officers had taken notice of him and were rapidly running towards him, yelling to stay where he was.

“Gotta give ‘em credit,” the young unicorn remarked, “they’ve got no quit in them.” He then darted into the building beside him, which was a four story apartment building.

I was going to do whatever it took to make sure that they didn’t.
Armor smashed through the doors and into the building where the suspect had gone and saw the door to the stairwell slowly closing, and he narrowed his eyes as his chest heaved uncontrollably from sprinting for so long.

“You’re not getting away,” Armor snarled as he raced into the stairwell and began making his way up the stairs, seeing his suspect just above him by barely half a flight of stairs. He saw the hoodie and even smelled the strong scent of motor oil coming off of his suspect. However, as he got to the top of the flight leading to the second floor, he tripped, falling into the wall. He scrambled back up, but the suspect was already out of eyeshot. He ran up the remaining flights of stairs to the door leading to the roof. He immediately slammed through it.

There was nopony on the other side. Armor looked about, heavily confused as to where the suspect would have gone; unless he was to have jumped off of the roof, which would have meant certain death, there was nowhere he could have gone to escape.

What Armor didn’t expect was to get knocked down and his head slammed into the concrete of the roof. He cried out in pain, but his senses were still alert enough to smell the familiar odor of engine oil. He knew immediately who it was.

“You thought you could get me?” he heard the suspect say.

“I KNEW I could get you,” Armor snarled back. “I SWORE I could get you.”

“Well, you couldn’t,” the suspect said. “And there’s a reason why.”

“Then why?” Armor growled. He then felt an electric pulse go through his body, and he screamed, writhing on the ground in pain as he felt the weight of the suspect leave him.

I walked towards the edge of the roof, looking to the train station on the other side of the street. It was a long shot, but I knew I could make it.

I looked back at the Royal Guard.

“Because I’m Silver Flare,” I stated to him. “And nopony will ever catch me.”

Silver then ran to the edge of the roof and jumped off of it, sailing all the way from the roof of the apartment building to the train station. However, his landing was not what he’d been expecting; he landed on his hooves, but the roof beneath him gave way the second he hit it, causing him to fall into the station. Several ponies screamed and dove out of the way of the falling unicorn, and he smashed into a luggage cart, caving the bottom in. He bounced off of the cart and hit the floor hard, sliding and rolling across it until he came to a stop before the ticket booth. He felt a fiery, searing pain in his right hind leg, and he gritted his teeth, groaning in pain as he stood.

“I need one ticket to get the hell out of here,” Silver said to the attendant. The attendant, wide eyed and speechless, didn’t respond. “Never mind.” He then limped quickly away, heading for the boarding platform.

Armor slowly stood, grimacing in pain as the injuries of the car crash began to affect him, his adrenaline rush having worn off. Two other police officers ran onto the roof and rushed to Armor.

“Are you okay, sir?” one of them asked.

“Don’t worry about me, Private, just get the suspect!” Armor yelled. “He jumped into the train station!”

“Yes sir!” the privates both shouted, saluting before running to the edge of the building, but as soon as they saw the drop and the large hole in the roof, they decided it was best to go back down through the inside of the building. They ran past Armor again, and Armor followed shortly after, limping down the stairs slowly as the pain began to take over his body.

Silver had already made it to the boarding platform, and just about to leave was a small train with only five cars, two of them being passenger cars and the other three being boxcars. Silver saw nopony watching him, and he quickly ducked into one of the boxcars, slamming the large door shut behind him once again. He then slumped down against one of the crates in the car, clenching his teeth and shutting his eyes tightly as the pain began to register. The train then blew its final whistle and slowly began to make its way out of the station, unaware of its unscheduled passenger.

Now you’re all probably wondering; what did I do to have the entire Equestria Federal Police Department and now the Equestrian Royal Guard after me? Well, that I can’t tell you. What I can tell you is that it happened a long time ago, and that it technically isn’t even something they should be chasing me for.

Yes, I’m a street racer. Yes, I’m a criminal; I’ve boosted cars, illegally imported parts and cars into Equestria and then sold them to others, I’ve been a wheelpony, I’ve evaded police countless times, fought them… The list goes on and on. But let me tell you this.

I don’t want to have to do this. But it’s the only way I can do anything anymore.

If I even TRIED to go straight and get into a legal organization or even just get a job somewhere as an expert mechanic, then I’d get arrested before I even had a chance do anything at the new place. I’m far too wanted to do anything.

If only the sins of Manehattan hadn’t followed me this far…

The two police officers charged into the train station, running straight for the ticket booth. They saw blood on the ground near it and knew that it had to have been their suspect’s.

“Did a silver unicorn just come through here?!” one of the officers asked the attendant frantically.

“Y-yes,” the attendant said, still rather stunned. “He got on the last train out of Canterlot… and it just left.”

“Damn!” the policepony cursed. “Where’s that train headed?”

“It’s making two stops,” the attendant replied. “One in Ponyville and the other in Los Pegasus.”

“Thank you,” the officer said. “C’mon!” He grabbed his partner and they ran back outside of the station, running to Armor, who was leaning against one of the police SUV’s. “He got away, but we know where he’s headed.”

“Where?” Armor asked, his voice full of pain.

“Ponyville, then Los Pegasus,” the officer answered. “One of those two places. We need to alert the local PD of both of those places right now.”

“Well, first you need to get me to a hospital…,” Armor groaned.

“On it,” the officer said. “Vest, you get on your radio and tell the others what happened. I’ll get Captain Armor to medical aid.”

“Right,” the other officer said, grabbing the radio on his uniform with his magic. “This is Officer Vest reporting. Suspect has evaded custody. Repeat, suspect has gotten away; he jumped a train headed out of the city. Alert the Ponyville and Los Pegasus police departments so they can shut this guy down when they find him.” The remaining officer helped Armor to his hooves and into the police SUV he had been leaning against before getting in himself, roaring off towards a hospital.

“Copy that, officer,” the dispatch came in through Vest’s radio. “Police in the areas of Silver Flare’s destination of travel will be notified A.S.A.P. This case is still in federal hooves and those of the Royal Guard.”

“Alright,” Vest said into the radio. “Alert all local officers that the suspect has escaped and that we can no longer help.”

“Already taken care of, officer,” the dispatcher replied.

“Always one step ahead of me…,” Vest muttered, putting his radio back onto his uniform and walking to his nearby police cruiser, driving off back into the city.