• Published 28th Feb 2015
  • 377 Views, 5 Comments

MLP 40K: For Celestia - Moosetasm



Cancelled: Rewriting as - MLP 40k: Trial by Fire

  • ...
6
 5
 377

Wouldn't be 40K related without that certain opening

Author's Note:

This is not a chapter so much as a universe primer, pretty much what Games Workshop does at the front of their 40K material. So consider this homage a basic universe primer for this particular MLP 40K setting.

The 40K Primer, Ponified

It is the 41st Millennium. For more than 10 millennia Celestia has sat immobile on the Royal Throne of Equestria. She is the master of Ponykind by the will of the Elements and master of countless worlds by the might of Her inexhaustible armies. She is an Alicorn Princess writhing invisibly with power from the Age of Harmony. She is the Canterlot Lord for whom a thousand foals are sacrificed every day, so that she may never truly die.

Yet even in Her deathless state, Celestia continues Her eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the hatred infested miasma of the Everfree, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Harmonican, the magical manifestation of Celestia's will. Vast armies give battle in Her name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst her soldiers are the Equestris Saddelus, the Space Mare-ines, bio-engineered super equines. Their comrades-in-hoof are legion: the Equestrian Guard and countless system defense forces, the ever vigilant Alicorn Inquisition, and the tech-ponies of the Equestris Techanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to Ponykind from Bipeds, Hateraticks, Non-Pony Equines, and far, far worse.

To be a Pony in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in a regime that is at least 20% cooler than any other imaginable. These are the tales of these times. Forget the power of science and technology, for the tech ponies have forgotten so much, that it can never be re-learned. Forget the promises of peace and understanding, for in the Grim Darkness of the Grimdark, there is only Epic Pony War. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of (s)laughter, clopping, and the bonds of those who have discovered true friendship.