• Published 19th Oct 2014
  • 2,107 Views, 8 Comments

The Pirate & the Royal - RavenFire2908



when Captain Rainbow Dash kidnap the royal Applejack, she find out there is more about this princess then she thought.

  • ...
15
 8
 2,107

The kidnapping (edited)

Chapter 1

The kidnapping

Princess Applejack stomped to her room in anger and sorrow. She hated her family, she hated everything about it! She so very badly wanted to run away from all the pain of being a royal. But everytime she came close to escaping, a guard, family member, or servant caught her.

She stomped down the hallway, scaring some of the guards. Princess Applejack was well known for her strength, kindness, and honesty but when she was angry, it was best just to take cover. She continued stomping, the sound of hard hooves hitting the ground echoing in the large hallway.

Finally getting to her room, she pulled the door open, walked inside and quickly slammed it shut again. The guards that stood at the door shrunk a little. They could hear the sound of things being thrown around inside the room.

Shortly after her angry tirade, Duke Macintosh walked past the room but stopped as soon as he heard the sound of glass or a vase breaking.

Quickly, he turned around and opened the door, slowly and carefully. Peeking inside, he saw Applejack sitting on her large bed. Glass was spread around the bright yellow room. Purple pillows and shredded curtains were everywhere. Water from the, now broken, vase was also spreading across the floor. Applejack was a complete mess as well, but before she could see him, he withdrew from the room. He knew that after Applejack had... well... messed up her room and herself so badly, she was done with her fit of anger for now.

Duke Macintosh called upon some maids. One was a pegasus with a pink mane and yellow body. Her name was Fluttershy and she was skilled in many areas. Taking care of animals and helping Applejack calm down being the most prevalent. The other mare was a unicorn, she had a white coat with a curly purple mane. Her name was Rarity and she was really good with fashion, dresses and re-decorating.

"Yes, master?" Rarity asked, bowing down.

"W-why did you call?" Fluttershy inquired, also bowing.

"My sister is finished with her little temper tantrum and I believe that you two can give her a helping hoof," Mac said as he left the two mares. Secretly, he had called on Fluttershy just to see her; he kinda had a crush on her.

"Did you see that?!" Rarity asked, as they both made their way over to the princess's room.

"See what?" she asked.

"Didn't you see the way he looked at you?! I mean, he is so obviously in love with you," Rarity declared with a wink.

"Oh... well, he is... cute," Fluttershy said with a blush.

"Well, lets see the damage," Rarity sighed as she opened the door.

They both gasped when they saw the mess. Not only at the room, but Rarity almost passed out as she saw the state of Applejack's mane. Rarity didn't see all of her, since she stood out on the balcony.

"Well, we better get started," Rarity said with another sigh.

They both started to clean. It didn't take them long but now there was the other problem. Fluttershy walked carefully over to the balcony where the princess stood.

"Umm... Princess?" she asked carefully.

Applejack sighed, "Fluttershy, I told you before, you can just call me Applejack or AJ," she said. She really disliked being a royal. She wanted friends, she wanted to meet somepony, she wanted to find love.

"Okay..." she replied quietly. She stood there for a little while before speaking. "Duke Macintosh asked me to-" Applejack stopped her.

"To ask me what is the matter and to calm me down," she finished. It was like she could read her thoughts.

"Well, yes. Do you want to?" Fluttershy was such a good friend because she was so gentle with her words, and she always asked.

"Well I know Rarity's in there, so why don't we go inside," Applejack said as she walked by Fluttershy, who quickly followed.

"Princess! Y-your mane!" Rarity gasped, as she saw how messy it was from the front.

"I know! I know what you are going to ask. Just get it over with," she snorted as she sat down in a chair in front of the mirror in the room. Fluttershy and Rarity were the only friends Applejack really ever had.

"Okay..." the unicorn said before she started running a brush through Applejack's messy mane.

"Soo... what's going on?" Fluttershy tentatively asked.

"My family is setting up a wedding for me in two weeks," Applejack lamented, staring into the mirror. She didn't even blink.

"Well... isn't that nice..." Rarity playfully said. She knew that playing with a royal could get her killed, but she knew Applejack didn't want to lose her only friends.

"No, no it's not. I don't want to marry him!" Applejack cried out, still looking into the mirror, but this time she blinked.

"Oh... why not?" Fluttershy asked, placing her hoof on Applejack's shoulder.

"Do you know who 'he' is?" she paused as she looked at them, they both shook their heads. "Prince Blueblood," she muttered.

"Is he that bad?" Fluttershy questioned. She didn't have a clue who he was.

"Yes, he is that bad, Fluttershy. I met him once; he was, and I bet he still is, a complete and total jerk," Rarity grumbled disdainfully. She had attended a gala some years back, there she had met him. She also hoped that his boat home would sink.

Applejack looked back into the mirror; a single tear ran down her left cheek. "He is the only pony that can, well... 'deal with my unlady like style,' " she said as she changed her speech and tone to sound classier.

The three of them giggled a little before Applejack continued, "But if I marry him, I have to move to his Country and I leave tomorrow. Granny is already over there making preparations for my departure, and I may never see you again," she sniffed, her voice full of sorrow, as more tears fell down her cheek. "I don't want to lose my only friends," she covered her face with her hooves and began crying.

"Prin-I mean... Applejack, we will always be there for you. Close or not, we are still your friends. I promise!" Fluttershy said as she tried to comfort Applejack.

"Fluttershy is right dear, distance isn't what counts, it's what we have here," Rarity said pointing at Applejack's heart.

"But what if I never see you again?" Applejack sobbed.

"We could come visit you sometime, and I guess that you would make arrangements to visit home again," Rarity said, as she put her hoof on Applejack's other shoulder.

"But if you leave, we will miss you," Fluttershy stated.

"That's it! Fluttershy, that's a great idea!" Applejack nearly shouted, her voice now full of joy.

"What did I say?" she asked.

"If! Only if! What if I disappear before the wedding."

Rarity and Fluttershy looked at her, then at each other.

"Not to be mean or anything... but you know that your brother gave us orders to tell him if you planned on escaping," Rarity quietly uttered.

"Urgh... why?! Why me?! All I want is one day of freedom. A day where I can be outside the castle walls, a day to see the world. Just one day, even for a second. I suppose even when I leave for the boat, I won't be unguarded?" she inquired, a hint of sadness in her voice.

"I'm sorr-" Fluttershy was cut off by a mare calling for them.

"Fluttershy!? Rarity?!" the mare called.

"I believe we must take our leave. Our apologies," Rarity said as they both left the room.

Applejack made her way over to the balcony again. She looked at the stars in hope. "Ma? Pa? If you can hear me, why do I have to marry him. I want to marry for love, not by force. Please... I know that you're gone, but I need help. If there's anything you can do..." she whispered. Tears started to fall down her cheeks again. She slowly walked over to her bed and cried herself to sleep.

---

"Sis! Wake up! You have three hours to get ready!" Princess Apple Bloom shouted, jumping on Applejack's bed.

"What if I don't want to?" she asked as she pulled the cover over her head. She didn't even open her eyes.

"You have to," Apple Bloom said as she started to drag the cover off her sister, "they won't leave without you."

"Fine... could you get Fluttershy and Rarity? I need Rarity's help with the dress and my mane," Applejack said as she pulled herself up into a sitting position, her eyes still closed.

"Why Fluttershy?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I just want her here right now," Applejack stated as she tried to open her eyes. It was almost impossible. When she finally did, she closed them again; the light was so strong. She blinked a few times to get used to the brightness. When her eyes could see again, Apple Bloom was gone. "Ugh... so this is my last day here, huh... she muttered low.

Just a little while later Fluttershy and Rarity came into the room.

"Good morning Applejack. Are you ready for your big day?" Rarity asked. She knew the answer but she still thought it was polite to ask.

"Yes of course, I couldn't be happier," Applejack said with sarcasm evident in her voice, that made Fluttershy giggle. Applejack let out a little giggle as well, Rarity joined in as well.

"You know we'll miss you, but-" Rarity started.

"We are allowed to come with you to the boat," Fluttershy finished.

"You are?" Applejack said with happy surprise.

Both of them nodded.

"Well dear we have four hours before you leave. Lets get you ready," Rarity said as she used her magic to lift the brush. As she brushed Applejack's mane, she used some magic to get her a nice dress, most of Applejack's dresses had been made by Rarity. "Ohh... this one looks perfect," she said as dress flew out of her closet.

The dress was blue and covered in sequins with a white shiny ribbon going over the flank. Applejack had never really used that dress, it didn't match her all that well, but nothing in her wardrobe matched her.

As Rarity finished Applejack's look, the time passed. A guard poked his head inside, "Princess, you have one hour left," he said as he vanished out the door.

Luckily they were finished just in time. Applejack's hair was set up in a braid that went down her shoulder. She was wearing her blue dress and her crown. That she had to wear, this crown wasn't like others. It looked like it was made of leaves with no diamonds or gems. Simple, just how she liked and wanted.

"There, perfect" Rarity said.

"Okay, lets get going," Applejack said as the three of them left the room. They walked down the hallway. This was the last time Applejack would see this hallway, or at least for a long time.

"I will miss this place," she said, just low enough to now get any question.

As they walked Applejack became more and more sorrowful. They came to the wagon, it was white with a golden frame. Applejack's eyes began to water when she saw it. Applejack sniffed as she walked up to it. Rarity and Fluttershy were really not allowed to sit with her, but Applejack said that now they could.

Macintosh and Apple Bloom sat outside. Mac was looking anywhere but at her, while Apple Bloom pestered the driver with an innumerable amount of questions.

The three girls inside talked about how much they were going to miss each other. Applejack began to cry twice as hard.

The crowd outside was cheering for their ruler, the royal 'Apples' were very good leaders. All of them were kind, caring, loyal, and each had a golden heart. The Apples had chosen to lead with the heart.

Many of the ponies in the crowd were crying for losing a royal, but Duke Macintosh was also a good leader, and Apple Bloom would still still be around. Well... till she got married anyway.

As soon as they reached the docks, Applejack walked outside. The huge ship ready to take her to her new home. Before she got onboard, she gave a long good hug to Fluttershy and Rarity.

"Take care," she told them both, "And... you know my brother likes you. Sometimes he mumbles your name in his sleep," she whispered to Fluttershy, who blushed. Mac looked at her, slightly flushed, attempting to seem angry.

"We'll miss you Applejack," he said as he climbed down from the wagon. Apple Bloom joined him, the driver sighed as he was given a reprieve from all the questions. He loved to work for them, but sometimes Apple Bloom could be a little... too childish.

"I'll miss you too," Applejack said, as they hugged one final time. It would be a while before she could do it again.

"Remember to write," spoke Apple Bloom.

"Oh... that reminds me," Mac said as he gave Applejack a letter. "It's from Ma and Pa. When Pa gave it to me, he said that I should give it to you when you got married, and to read it when you feel lonely." With that said, the captain of the ship came forward.

He was a large blue stallion with gray hair. His cutie mark was a ship. "Hello my lady, I will be the captain of the tour. It's a pleasure to meet you," he said as he bowed, and kissed her hoof. Applejack looked away in annoyance. Rarity and Fluttershy giggled a little behind her.

"Nice to meet you tw-" Applejack was cut off as Mac coughed into his hoof, obviously trying to get her to speak properly. She sighed, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well captain," she said as she glared at her brother who only nodded.

"Well let's leave before it gets dark," he said.

"Yea- I... I mean, why yes of course," she replied, trying to mind her manners.

As Applejack walked aboard, she went right to the stern, looking over the rail at the receding shoreline of her country. As the ship began to move out to sea, she waved to her friends and family. She hoped with all her heart that she would see them again. Not long after they had set sail, Applejack lost sight of them and began to cry again. She slowly made her way down to her room.

The room was decorated with a light wood, With something that looked like gold frames. On a table beside the bed were some of her things. A white wooden box with gold and emeralds inlaid into it, a little silver mirror with another emerald on it and the last thing, the letter from Ma and Pa.

Applejack sat down on the bed. She stared at the letter. Should I read it now? she thought. I feel a little lonely. She picked up the letter and started reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Applejack

It looks like your time has come, you're getting married. I bet me and Ma are so proud. But that probably means that you're moving away, but remember this. We will always love you, dead or alive, we promise. I hope the stallion that you're marrying will take care of you. If not, he will pay in blood. But if you ever feel alone, remember that you are never alone, and that the door home is always open

Love you with all our hearts

Ma and Pa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Applejack finished reading it, her eyes began to water and she couldn't hold it back anymore. She burst out crying, and slowly cried herself to sleep.

Applejack woke up to the sound of the captain shouting orders to the crew, she slowly sat up; her eyes were dried.

She sleepily got out of bed and walked over to a bowl of water on a dresser she hadn't noticed before. She put her hoof in the cold water, and splashed it over her face. The shock of the water hitting her face roused her from her dazed stupor. "Get over it Applejack," she looked at herself in the mirror.

Sighing she walked back to the bed, this time she looked at the little box. She knew it was a lullaby, but she hadn't opened it since Ma and Pa had died. She took a deep breath and opened the box. It played the melody of Ma's Lullaby

As the melody played, Applejack felt her heart sink. Another letter was inside the box. Applejack picked it up and began reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Applejack

This is your Ma, Do you remember that lullaby I used to sing when you had nightmares. I have figured out that the lullaby is a key. A key to great magical power. I know it will be safe with you, protect it with your life. I feel terrible for saying it, but it's a matter of life and death. Do not give it to anyone. If the power landed in the wrong hooves, the whole world is doomed. I give you this warning, there is somepony that knows about the power, but only you and I have the key. Only we can open the door. Please Applejack, never give it away.

Love you

Ma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lullaby. The lullaby her mother had sung for her when she'd had nightmares. Applejack looked around. Magic power, the lullaby. Oh no, I have the key, and somepony knows about it. Applejack's mind began to panic, but she stopped as a knock came at the door.

"Come in" she said. She tried to sound as ladylike as she could. The captain opened the door and came inside.

"My Princess, we are about to enter some dangerous parts of the sea. Be forewarned, as there may be pirates ahead," he said, bowing from the door.

"Ehhh... thanks for warning me," she said. The captain then backed out of the room. "Pirates huh... they're so lucky to be free," she said as she looked out a window.

---

"Captain Dash, we've spotted a royal ship not too far away. Should we attack?" A purple unicorn pirate asked.

"Whose kingdom does it come from Twilight?" The rainbow maned pegasus, the captain, replied.

"I believe... the Apples," she said.

Captain Dash shot out of her chair. "What?! Well it's about time. Attack, but leave the royal to me," she said, not even looking at Twilight.

Twilight went outside to give the order. "Attack, but leave the royal," she yelled.

A pink earth pony jumped around getting ready to fight.

"Pinkie, you have to be ready!" Twilight screeched at the pink pony.

"Sorry Twi," she said. She didn't look all that sorry.

Just then the captain came outside, "Where is the ship?" She asked. Twilight gave her a spyglass and pointed in the direction of the vessel. When Rainbow peered through the eyepiece, she saw a brown frigate on the horizon. The royal Apple crest on the flag clear as day. "Perfect," she muttered with a sly grin.

---

"Captain! Vessel spotted approximately three leagues off the port bow!" The pony in the crowsnest yelled down.

The captain looked in the indicated direction and saw a frigate cutting through the waves towards them like a hot knife through butter.

"Colors?"

"Too soon to make out... wait," when the pony looked again, his blood ran cold.

"Well?" the captain called impatiently.

"I-it's..." the lookout stuttered and gulped, trying to get out an answer. "It's Captain Dash, sir."

The captain visibly paled and scrambled to the quarterdeck. Captain Dash was a well known pirate for picking ships clean and leaving nothing but a few scraps of the crew behind.

When he reached his destination he turned around and bellowed out, "Prepare for battle and protect the princess with your life." Everypony snapped into action grabbing their weapons.

No sooner had the captain given the order, than a team of pegasus pirates flew onto the ship. The captain ran over and protectively stood in front of princess Applejack's room door, his sword in his mouth.

The enemy ship was right on top of them now, with pirates pouring over the side and engaging the crew.

None of them so much as looked at him, but he remained in front of the door nonetheless.

The battle was over all too soon with his few remaining crew lined up on the ground with their hooves over their heads.

A pegasus pony that hadn't been in the battle flew over the rail and landed in front of the prisoners. She looked them over with a sneer and turned away to see the captain in front of the door. She gave him a smile that sent shivers down his spine.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? The Apples royal ship. Don't bother trying to lie, I know the princess is here. Could you have been any more stupid. Sailing a royal ship through pirate infested waters, unescorted. You practically begged to be attacked," Rainbow Dash gloated as she stepped toward the captain.

"What are you here for Rainbow Dash!?" The captain shouted in anger.

"Nothing... just a little song from the royal," she said, smirking.

"Not gonna happen!" he snapped at her.

"Take him to the brig," Rainbow said with a grin. Then about four of her crew jumped towards him. After disarming him, they wrestled him over to their ship. Rainbow walked over to the door and gently knocked on the door. *knock, knock*

"Who is it?" a voice inside asked.

"A crewmember," she lied.

"Oh, come in then," something in her gentle voice made Rainbow feel different. She slowly opened the door, and peeked inside. She glanced around a bit, when she saw her goal. The orange princess sat in front of a mirror brushing her golden mane.

"Don't move, or else," Rainbow announced.

The princess froze, but dared to turn her head. She almost gasped, but she bravely held it in. "W-what d-do you want?" She asked in fear.

"Just follow my orders, and you will not be harmed... princess" Applejack's ears fell back against her head. She gulped.

"O-okay..." she answered.

"Come with me," Rainbow ordered. Applejack followed slowly behind her. She gasped as she saw the dead bodies of the crew on the ship. She knew what was coming. She quickly ran back inside, took the two letters and ran back out again. She galloped to the side of the ship, and let both letters go. Once they reached the water she let out a sigh. "Sorry Ma," she whispered .

"Princess, I told you to come with me!" Rainbow snapped at her. Applejack ran up to her.

"Please don't call me that," Applejack responded, she didn't want to make a pirate angry.

Rainbow stopped dead in her tracks. She had never heard a royal say that. "What did you say?" she asked turning her head toward the frightened princess.

"N-noth-"

"Don't lie! I heard you say something!" she barked at the princess.

"P-please don't call me princess," she said again, preparing to be hit by something. But nothing happened. She opened her eyes and saw the captain looking at her a little confused.

"Not call you a princess? Well that's the first time I've ever heard something like that," she said. "Anyway, follow me." The two walked into the captains quarters. "Sit down," she said as she pointed at a chair. Applejack sat down on the chair.

"What do you want with me?" Applejack asked.

"Your song. The key to great power. And you will obey me, right?!" It sounded like an order, but Applejack never really followed orders. Only when she was scared.

She took a deep breath, her heartbeat in her ears. "No," she proclaimed, trying to sound brave.

"Heh... you think you have a choice at this point," Rainbow smirked. "You're strong in mind and body, but soon you will do as I say" Rainbow Dash walked to the door. "Twilight!" She called.

"Yes captain?!"

"Take her to her new quarters," she said pointing at Applejack.

As Twilight moved to get Applejack. Rainbow stopped them just before they'd left the room.

"The name's Rainbow Dash by the way. Yours?"

Applejack just glared daggers at her. "Applejack," she replied curtly.

"Not all that ladylike of a name if you ask me," Applejack rolled her eyes.

Twilight then pushed her over to a gangplank that had been placed over the gap spanning the two ships. Applejack was forced over to a hatchway and moved below decks.

When they reached her cell, she walked inside and the door slammed shut, locking behind her. It wasn't overly dark, there was what could pass for a blanket on... something that looked like a bed, but it was clean.

"Goodnight," Twilight sneered as she left Applejack in the cell.

Applejack walked over and collapsed on the bed.

"I'm sorry Ma," she whispered before she fell asleep. The bed was one of the best things she had ever touched. Her bed at home was just so soft. But she fell asleep singing the lullaby to herself.