• Published 20th Oct 2014
  • 1,249 Views, 12 Comments

The Eternal Night Life. - Midnight Starwriter



Fluttershy's eternal night life as a fruit vampire yet everyone thinks she the evil kind.

  • ...
2
 12
 1,249

Nightmare Night (rewriten v1.1)

It was the night of Nightmare night, and a group of young ponies are sitting around the fire. A young pegasus that is named Firespark, she stands up and begins to tell a scary story.

"There was an old cottage near the Everfree forest that is abandon and legend haves it that a Vampire lives there, that have a blood lust for younger ponies. If you stare at red eyes, she'll hypnotize you and make you her slave. Once she has you, she'll make you do her betting to bring more ponies to her, just to quench her blood lust, and..."

One of the ponies got up and disrupt her from continuing with the story.
"Wait isn't that an old mares tail, that is made up just to keep us away from the forest? And also it wasn't that scary."
The filly said.

This filly is named Ruby Tiara, and she is a descendant of Diamond Tiara, and she is just like her somewhat. Questioning Firespark only made her laugh. Firespark explains a bit further to Ruby and the other ponies.

"This story is true because I found the Vampire's home in the forest, and I was going to take you all to the place. And don't worry it's abandon I've checked. What I've heard only on Nightmare night she will be in there." She says with a smirk.

Ruby Tiara speaks up and her more.
"Well, it sounds to me that you're just saying that, and you could be the one that is the slave to this fictional vampire you speak of. Also, do you have proof that she is in there?" With a smirk on her face.

Firespark looks at Ruby and as sweet broke out from her head. While she still is smiling.
"Well I don't have it, but let's have a test of courage, this is Nightmare Night after all. We should all go to the old cottage in the Everfree forest and see if she is really there. Unless you are a scaredy cat."

Ruby Tiara look at her like she is crazy.

"Ok, you're on, Firespark! I'm going to prove to you that these stories are just full of hot air and nothing more."

The some of the other ponies in the group are starting to tell them not to go there, and it might be dangerous for them to go there. The both Firespark and Ruby Tiara say to them all.

"If your willing to come, you're all more than welcome to join us, or watch one of us leave screaming from the house!"

Then they both turn away from the rest of the group and stare at each other with angry expressions. So now all the little ponies who are brave enough got up and began to head towards the old cottage in the forest. Not knowing what terrifying things this place have in store for them. Some of the group did leave to go back to getting candy for the remainder of the night.

Finally, they got to the old cottage, and it looks ominous and dark with a storm looming overhead. The small group of ponies all decide it is best to go in because of the weather is starting to look bad. As they got into the old cottage, they all see that it's dark and gloomy. The doors squeak loudly as some of them open them, there were some cobwebs and the place was a mess, and it seems like nopony has been here for a very long time. Ruby, looking around the area of the old home.

"This place is a dump and full of yucky webs and dust. I mean I have to say that this place is something for you to go and live in Firespark."
She taunts at Firespark.

"What do you mean by that, Ruby?"

Her taunting got to Firespark, and this made her mad. So she comes up with a plan that she knows that Ruby would hate to have happened in a spooky place they're in. That is splitting up the group. Firespark feels that this is the best way to get at her in her comments about her having no home yet.

"Ok. So let's try to make this night more interesting by splitting up and go around the house. Let see who can find the Vampire who lives here. Just to prove that these stories are real."
She smirk.

Ruby Tiara, wince at the fact that she'll have to go wandering by herself in this creepy place, but she goes ahead with the plan.

"Ok let's go for it. You and I are going in alone the rest will stick together which is lead by Applescript. Also, I will go upstairs, and as for Firespark you'll go to the basement."
She added.

"I'm not afraid, so ya I'll. I've been here before."
Firespark stated.

"Not a problem I'll. I've got this. Everypony follow me and let's go find some clues to the Vampire."
Applescript waves his hoof and the small group follow suit.

Meanwhile, Ruby Tiara trying her best to scare Firespark just to watch her freak out or do something embarrassing to herself, but Firespark know what she is trying to do. Ruby is planning to scar Firespark and get it on camera so that she can prove the stories are fakes and Firespark is just a big chicken.

So as they begun to split up, as the thunder rumble and lightning flashes. The old cottage reeks as the storm winds begin to pick-up. Ruby Tiara is going up the stairs, as Firespark goes down the stairs for the basement, for others they went to the kitchen of the cottage. The group of ponies starts to check out the kitchen to see if there are any clues about the Vampire. One check out the frigid just to see if there is anything in it but to the little colt's surprise it was full of apples, and everything that was an apple dish was there.

"Jackpot. I can't do an adventure on an empty stomach. Yay!"
The little Colt says.

The apples and dishes are fresh, and none of them have questioned it. So little ponies began to raid the frigid of its food, but they stop at what they're doing to some noise in the pantry.

"I'll go check this out. More likely it's some rat."
Applescript went ahead to check it out just to be sure that there is no one there.

So he opens it there was nothing but a big pile of fresh apples and bad ones along with seeds inside of the pantry but the noises continue. He decided to look up at the ceiling and notice somethings big he back off as the others just sat there and watched in horror to realize that they found her. All of them are in shock and didn't move from their places. She looks at them with her glowing red eyes and smiles at them. They can all see her fangs along with her eyes and her wings starts to spread. For them, this is terrifying to experience for them, and it was hard for the young ponies to handle. All of them begun to scream at the terrifying creature and all say out loud.

"IT'S THE VAMPIRE!!! RUN!!!"

Some of them took off running and screaming to get away to safety all but one. Applescript just stood there lock up from fear, as the Vampire came down from her perched and walks up to poor Applescript so that she can speak to him.

"Hello, little one. So what brings you to my quiet little home young one?"
She asked.

The colt only just stood there with a white face and his mouth hanging wide open and not responding to her. She decides to talk to him once more.

"Well, it's been very long time since I've had any company here. On top of that, it's Nightmare Night."

She looks at him and notices that he is scared stiff. She waved her hoof in front of him and realized he is not going to respond in any way.

"Oh, my.... I'm sorry... If-if I scared you like that, I don't mean too. Normally I'm more scared of this night myself... And I'm not used to scaring anypony for Nightmare Night."
She says while having her hoof over her mouth.

Applescript begins to sway and fall over and pass out from the fright. She looks at him, but she starts trying to awaken him.

Meanwhile...

Firespark was deep in the basement, but there wasn't much to look at besides dusty old photo books, picture frames wrap up in cloth. She decided to uncover one of them and notice it has a group of six ponies she hasn't seen before. She got a good look at one of the unicorns and pegasi, and notice one was the princess who is ruling Equestria for a long time now. She looks at one of the pegasi and notices it was one of her ancestors, and she said to herself.

"Nice, so my ancestor knows the princess, awesome. On top of that who are the rest of them? They look so familiar I can't put my hoof on it. Oh, well."
The little filly says to herself.

She goes to the old photo books and takes one of the photos that looks like the one in the frame. Firespark continues to dig around a bit looking for clues about the past and notice another photo of her ancestor doing the legendary Sonic Rainboom. She knows nopony have done it for a very long time as well and just fall back into obscurity.

"I knew that sonic rainboom is real and not just some old mares tail."
She says to herself.

Then she hears the screams of the group from upstairs. She took off flying just to see what's going on.

...Meanwhile...

Ruby Tiara starts to look around the hall and notice one of the doors are open and a candlelight is coming out of it. She went ahead to check it out to see why it's like that, but this sent a chill down her spine. As she enters the room, she noticed there is just a well-kept bed set with a nightstand next to it. She looks around some more and checks out the closet, what she found is a coffin, and she wanted to question it.

"Nice try, Firespark. That is not going to scare me. Ha!"

She takes photos of the place just to show off later on. As she checks out everything in the room, she heads over to a book and opens it just to have a look and takes some photos of it as well. To her surprise, she comes across a picture of Princess Twilight Sparkle and notices she have some ponies hugging her that she don't know who they are. She keeps flipping the pages till she got to a photo of a filly that looks like her.

*Where have I seen her before? Wait what's this!?*
She thinks to herself.

Ruby had gotten to the end of the book and found a note with two more photos of the princess and a yellow pegasus. She reads what the note have to say.

Oh, Twilight why did everything has to go so wrong for us. I wish that everything was the way they were before that day, that ruin our friendship. Now there is nothing left for me... No hopes... No dreams... Doom to live forever till the end of time.... I just hope one-day somepony could just end it for me because I can't feel my emotions anymore but only sadness... Now just I want to have that final rest for my lost soul to peace... I know by then I can hopefully see my good friends once again...

While she ponders her thoughts away and trying to make sense of it all. From the notes and the pictures while taking clues and photos of them. There is a noise she hears screams of the group from downstairs. Ruby freaked out a little then claim herself and realized that this is the opportunity she was waiting for just to have photos of Firespark face being scared over nothing.

....

Now both are racing towards where the screams are coming from in the old cottage. Smacking into each other and knocking the silly out of them. When they both get up and look in the kitchen, they see finally her standing over their friend and what seems to them that she is attacking him. Really she is only trying to help the colt. Firespark yells at her.

"Hey get off my friend you creep!"

The vampire look at Firespark before she knows it she got hit by the filly's hooves and send her flying to back to the pantry with the door shutting her. Ruby Tiara had taken photos of Firespark saving Applescript from the Vampire. It's not what she wanted, but it will do for her. Applescript woke up just before the vampire got kicked. He got up and look at Firespark and then to Ruby.

"Thanks for saving my life Firespark, I guess I owe one."

"No problem, Applescript. Now lets got out of here before she gets out of the pantry."

"Yes, let's do that. We got everything we need."
Ruby added.

The little ponies have what they needed, and now they can say there is a vampire that really lives in the old cottage of the Everfree forest. They all left the cottage and never to come back, but for some reason, Firespark think back to how that Vampire looks like one the ponies in the photos, but she can't put her hoof on it. She also has the feeling that this won't be the last time they have seen the last of her.

Meanwhile back at the cottage.

The storm had claimed down to just a few showers of rain. A small mouse peaks it head out from the little hole in the wall, then came out of it. It runs along the wall towards the pantry it stops just to look at it for awhile doing a quick cleaning of itself. The mouse stops at what's it doing and then took off running back to its hole. Because the pantry door swung open revealing the battered vampire. Fluttershy was coughing as she is trying to regain control of herself after getting winded by the kick. She looked around just to see if there is any of those little ponies still around. When she realized that none of them are around anymore, she looks down and thought to herself.

*I was only trying to help.... Why can't nopony gives me a chance to prove that I'm still the same pony I was before...*
She then a small tear came running down her cheek.

So she got up and went around her home just to see what they try to take. It turns out that one of them took her photos of her and her friends and the note she was going to send to Twilight. She was frustrated by this and the fact they didn't give her a chance to show that she is not what they thought she is. She looked out at the window and noticed that the storm stopped and had a break in the clouds, she thought to herself now that this is the time to get back the photos and the note. Deep down inside of her, she knows that there could be trouble for the young ones that are out there. She steps outside dressed in a black cloak, and she begins to lessen for them, then she can hear a Timberwolf howling and the screams of the ones who left. She gasps to know that there is trouble for the three little ponies, so she spreads out her wings and starts flying towards where she heard the screams that came from the distance.

Firespark, Ruby Tiara, and Applescript all got in a corner and scared. They don't have a place to hide in or go to. The Timberwolves has them corner, with eyes of blood lust, and hunger that it scared them still. As the beast gets ready to pounce on them, and rip them apart and becoming wolf chow.

They have to do something fast before it's too late. The group tries to do something just to avoid the timberwolf, but the timberwolf just snarls at them and then everything slows down for them. They saw it starts to come at them, so they flinch. Before they know it, something comes in a flash and hit the timberwolf knock it out to the ground. They can't get a good look at the cloaked figure who is saving them. Now this cloaked figure is telling them to run for safety, so they did, Firespark looked back at what was going on and notice the mare starts a fight with the timberwolves.

Ruby Tiara stop for one moment to get some photos of what's going on, but Firespark reminds her that they have to escape the forest. As they run off, they heard screams like no other and a fading howling in the distance. What they hope for cloak pony is ok from the fight.

They finally made it out of the woods, yet they all look at each other and the forest. They wonder who was that pony saved them from the timberwolf. They can only hope that she is ok. Firespark asks Ruby Tiara when she is going to have the film developed. Her answer is that it's going to take some time but soon and she'll have it in the school's newspaper, but she'll show her some of the things that she did to save Applescript from the Vampire.

As for Applescript, he was just happy to see that this nightmare had ended.

...Meanwhile, going back to the fight in the forest...

After the little ponies escape. One of the timberwolf had Fluttershy pin for the moment then it picks her up and throwing her. Sending Fluttershy flying towards the tree, when she hits the tree the force of the hit broke it in half. She got back up, and she knows that it hurts like hell, but she's gotta do something about it, to take down that timberwolf. She used her abilities to out move the timberwolf. It tries to attack her by pouncing, but she counters it by doing a rapid move of punches and pinning it again and screaming at the top of her lungs. The timberwolf howling fades after each punch and done in the beast. When she is finished with the timberwolf, there is nothing more than of green smoke and pile of wood chips but what the timberwolf and the move she did took it's toll on her.

She heads back to her cottage. Beaten, tired and covered in her own blood. She knows the wounds that she taken, will recover soon but she needs to rest for awhile. She is some what hoping that this is it for her but she knows her immortality forbids it. The way she knows it has to be done by a stake to the heart. She wants to end it herself, but she couldn't do it, She doesn't have in her to do so.

*Someday... I'll be freed from my immortality... I'll rest for now....*
She closes her eyes and goes off to sleep.

..Afterwards for the little ponies..

The following week the school's newspaper is out and it explains how the night went at the Vampire cottage and an epic escape from the timberwolf. The story went big, so big it gone around of all of Equestria, and everypony also wonders who is the mysterious cloaked mare that save the young ones from the timberwolf. The two fillies made it big because of this story.

Later on, Firespark got into a brotherhood of hunters under the Equestria rulers because of her heroic efforts to save her friend. As for Ruby Tiara, she ended up taking on the family business and become a very famous journalist.

Author's Note:

Update. For 10/20/16

I'm happy to say that this has turn out for the better from what I originally had put down. I know I did a rewriter before and it still had some errors here and there for this chapter.

Well I'm done here for now. So let know what you guys think so far.:twilightsmile: