Command and Conquer Headquarters 327 members · 33 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

So we have an update on reddit for the CNC remaster and it seems interesting so far.

Jim vessella has planned to start the remaster with tib dawn and red alert 1(the red alert expansions such as covert ops, atermath and counterstrike is theorized to be released with the base game as a bundle).
In a bit of a surprising move, he has also brought petroglyph onboard to help, some of you may know that petroglyph contains some of the original creators of the CNC franchise (hopefully their presence will act as a bit of a barrier to EA monetizations.)

There quite a bit to go through, but I do recommend you give it a read. I admit I am conflicted at the moment, not just because of EA and all the :yay::yay::yay::yay: they have done, but should they make a remaster or would they better off making a remake?
Would we be better off having the story and atmosphere of the original games with the 3D engine and UI of CNC 3?
Or should the outcome be a remaster with updated graphics and path finding AI?
Personally I wouldn't mind a remake if it involves the original creators. Especially if the new engine allows for easier modding. pony Tiberium fiends anyone?

What do you think?
Here's the link to the reddit page: It's dangerous to go alone commander, take this pinch of salt.

Let's see what's going to happen...

You can never be too cautious around EA.

Nyerguds
Group Admin

Well, with Joe Bostic involved, there is cause for optimism, and their remark about "fixing the harvester AI" implies they're starting from the actual original engine, which is a very good sign.

So yea. I'm honestly interested to see where this will be going.

All we can do now is wait and see.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5