Command and Conquer Headquarters 327 members · 33 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

What is your favorite faction and why?

For me, it's the USA. I like using drones for repairing my tanks and Col. Burton is powerful in an open fight. That and it's fun using the A-10 and Paradrop. Even the Fuel Air Bomb and when playing Zero Hour, MOAB.
Don't get me wrong, I like the others. GLA being the more difficult but fun to play since they have weaker units, but can steal enemy vehicles without capturing the base. And China with it's massive numbers and Overlord Tanks, but I just like the USA's style. And the music to the USA Victory.

Dropbear
Group Contributor

GLA, because while they're more indirect in their playstyle, they just have units that are fun to play.

"GLA postal service!"

"UHUHUHUHUHU!" (Toxin Tractor)

And of course, making carbombs with terrorists. Ah, so brilliant.

3903663 As Dr. Thrax say's

You can tell they are mmmph, just right. When the flesh falls off the bone.

Prince Kassad was the dumbest one.

Handsome generals always win battles.

My question to him is this.
If handsome generals always win battles, does that mean you're ugly? :rainbowlaugh:

Dropbear
Group Contributor

Kassad was easy-mode, I dreaded going up against Thrax.

3903685 The Boss General was the easiest, if you took over her bunkers and wiped out her super-weapons.

Dropbear
Group Contributor

Yeah, she hardly attacked you. Plus, her base defences were pathetic.

3903690 Even Kwai had better defenses. Townes was the hardest to attack.

Buzz Bomb
Group Contributor

personally my favorite was the USA and especially the Air General. I swear when I had like 3 airfields I could absolutely lay waste with my wing of king raptors. Plus what I like about the ground units for the USA are the drones, which basically gives every vehicle an additional use. I can use ambulances as makeshift combat units if I am forced to do it.

But yes, Air General and king raptor.

Though I will say one thing that I like about Chinese defences. The gattling turret is probably the most usefull defense mainly for the type of attack they use. The bullets can be used to knock out tomahawks and scuds just like the patriots and sam sites but UNLIKE the patriots and sams, they cant be blocked by point defences from the avenger and the king raptor

3903715 still not easy to have against the Air Force. Including the stealth units.

DrAngryslacks
Group Contributor

I remember spending most of my time playing as Prince Kassad. There was a true joy in loading up a sneak attack bunker with rocket buggies and buses packed with RPGs and watching them shred into the enemy base while they are still trying to find yours. Eventually I later moved on to Juzhiz (Rebel Ambush plus self-destruct, perfect for capping or exploding distant buildings) for the exploding and because of the fact that he has tanks.

3903955 demo was my fav for a while.

onsholo
Group Contributor

I like China because you can build massive armies that are able to keep healing with the use of propaganda speakers and the MiG and Dragon Tank were very very usefull in taking out enemy infantry and the Battlemasters and Tank Hunters are decent enough on taking out enemy armor.

3904178 You forget their best tank.

This is the Overlord Tank.

onsholo
Group Contributor

3904250 It is far too expensive,unless i have a army of hackers i rather just focus on batlemasters.

3904852 expensive, but just three or four of them can wipe out an enemy base

ForlanceAbice
Group Contributor

3903715 Save for the fact that they consume quite a bit of power.

Personally I prefer Avengers for anti-ballistics when it comes to dealing with SCUDS, Tomahawks and rockets from anti-tank infantry or aircraft.

Usually I like going in with the stock USA faction. Reason being is that all the others are handicapped one way or the other.

General Granger may have superior aircraft, but my play style involves the use of tanks, something that he lacks in abundance.

General Towns may be the closest to a stock USA fraction, but by God all of his tanks and defenses require power, lots of it.
The tanks themselves become little more than paperweights when there is no power to spare. Plus he has no tomahawks.

General Alexander? Eh... No tanks, and weak abilities in general. I believe there was to be more implemented with all the generals in the game, though EA of course naturally screwed that up real good with a quick release date. Though her Patriot Missile systems aren't that bad. Her Auroras aren't half bad either.

3905314 counter Granger with Towns

Base-Delta-Zero
Group Contributor

3905314 yeah, they all were supposed to have more - that's why Alexander usually has Tomahawk Storms, ICBM Silos, and a few others in most mods, because those were coded in for her, but we're never scripted in for normal gameplay - unless you script it in, like 90% of the mods affecting her do.

I call Infantry General and USA in general.

What I basically do is, I build 3 War Factories, spam Humvees, Crusaders, Avengers and Paladins.
Get the Battle Drone upgrade.
Then invade the base and win. :yay:

I just spam the tank hunters and mini-gunners. Then I also invade.

3903694 Ya just gotta use superweapons and attack from the inside.

China and USA.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20