AppleDash 3,014 members · 1,068 stories
Comments ( 141 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 141
Posted
Group Contributor

Until a judge chimes in, I will ask this, are you awesome enough to write multiple high quality stories in the time allowed?

If yes :rainbowderp: I say do it even if you can't enter them all.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

538487>>538529

We see no problem with this. Submit as many as you want! However, even if you have submissions in both categories, we're limiting it to only one entry category being winnable. Just to make it fair :P So you can't win both!

Rated Ponystar
Group Contributor

Well, my original idea for this is going to be scraped because it just doesn't work as a one shot. So I'll be doing a much shorter idea and having that as my entry. I doubt anybody wants to read a 15,000 word one shot anyway.

Rated Ponystar
Group Contributor

You'll have to settle for a three to four chapter story for that one.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

That works :rainbowkiss: The fics aren't supposed to be one shots only, they can be chaptered just as well :)

Posted
Group Contributor

That 5k minimum was put in place to ensure stories had time to stand up and say "Hi", some of us don't mind if you do a few laps around Ponyville while singing the equestrian nation anthem.

Rated Ponystar
Group Contributor

But I'm guessing they have to be completed though, right?

Posted
Group Contributor

Incomplete stories will be judged, but they're discouraged.

From the rules breakdown.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

538819>>538869
What Posted... well, posted :rainbowwild:
The incomplete stuff would have to be pretty amazing to beat out completed stuff (what with the story being done), but it's definitely possible!

538900 what about only the epilogue lacking (not sure if i wil get that part of my story ready before the 6th)? :fluttershysad:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Then get it ready! that's part of what you've got planned, which means it'll be incomplete :P

561725 Yeah, i know.
I got chapter 1 almost done (2k word), but i have so much more plannd. Well, i have only spent 3 days so far, so i might stil make it.
the last 3k words? I don't worry about that limit. i am more worried that i get to much (i am currently guessing 7k) :rainbowlaugh:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Then keep working!
My own fic (not for contest) I estimated to be around 15k. It's currently at about 60% completion, story wise... and is ALREADY at 15k. So yeah, write it, and don't worry about the word count - there's never TOO MUCH!

Posted
Group Contributor

there's never TOO MUCH!

2x

561739 Wel, you got that aspect called Time you know. And i am worried about running out of it.

Ah well, only one way to counter that

Merry Christmas, and good luck to all AppleDash authors!

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Was yours AppleDashy?

Tchernobog
Group Admin

It's not the main focus, but it has AppleDash, yes. Like I'd do anything else

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

with not main focus, do you mean background or sort of a side-plot?

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Side plot (hurr hurr plot ). It's fairly important for the whole thing, but the "focus" isn't their relationship.

bahatumay
Group Contributor

So how firm is that deadline of the 6th?

Rated Ponystar
Group Contributor

The fanfic is done, but is going through editing. I just hope I can make the deadline still.

A hint to what the fic features: http://www.derpibooru.org/186745?scope=scpec2c3a9b6cea21f6402e0472d850868c7cd0bf8e4

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Case by case basis, if people let us know and not much time is needed. Or if enough people seem to need it, a general extension can be made, but we'd need to know about it.

510529 I think "prejudice against fillyfoolers" is general and important enough that we shouldn't say you have to keep it out of your story. "There is no prejudice in Equestria" is also cliched and jarring!

517926 517815 You kids these days, refusing to eat ponies' faces. The face is the best part! When I was a colt, we used every part of a strange pony.

But I prefer the hindquarters. So much more tender....

Posted
Group Contributor

Spike, Flank Tenderizer at your service.

That sounds awfully naughty!

Just a quick question regarding the deadline.

Is it supposed to be upploaded before thhe 6th of january?
Asuming it's on the 6th of january; when is the final deadline, and according to which timezone?

Tchernobog
Group Admin

I'd say it should be sent in/uploaded/etc on the 6th - midnight west coast USA time zone deadline. probably a bit of leeway will be given if necessary, so ask by pm if you need.

587541 when on the 6th? before midnight? Would be nice to know since i'm a bit short of time, and needs to know if i have saturday to fall back on :pinkiehappy:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

the 6th is included. So sunday night, 11:59 pm west coast is deadline, as far as I understand it. And if it hadn't been specified until today, well, there you go :pinkiehappy:

587672 Thanks. You just saved me of some late night work :twilightsmile:

Posted
Group Contributor

You can stare at this in another window while you work.

bahatumay
Group Contributor

I tried that.
All I saw was, 'you're not gonna make it, bt, you're not gonna make it!'

Rated Ponystar
Group Contributor

My Fanfic entry is done and submitted. Hope it gets through the submission process in time though.

bookplayer
Group Admin

Made it! Submissions have been going up fast lately.

Rated Ponystar
Group Contributor

Yeah, but I hope it's good. So far four thumbs up and three thumbs down. Not really a comforting start in my mind.

bookplayer
Group Admin

I haven't read it yet, and can't comment in any official capacity, but as far as thumbs down, see the recent conversation in the Main Socializing thread. There are some clowns who auto thumbs down ship fics, and it has nothing to do with quality.

Rated Ponystar
Group Contributor

Yeah, but appearances are sometimes everything to people unfortunately.

Posted
Group Contributor

I log on today and look what made the featured box.

bahatumay
Group Contributor

Yeah... I'm really not gonna make this one. I'm dropping out of the contest.
Y'all have fun.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Unfinished stories are still counted! We did say we'd accept them :)

bahatumay
Group Contributor

It's... really incomplete. But ok.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

How much longer would you need? We're taking extensions on a case by case basis, so it depends on how long. A couple extra days might be manageable. Finished products do look better, but unfinished is fine as well :)

bahatumay
Group Contributor

That's the problem... I don't know. The story kindof got away from me. :twilightsheepish:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Haha, trust me, I know what you mean. The current fic I'm working on (not a contest entry) did the same thing. Before starting on it, I estimated about 15k words... the events happen over three days-ish. Day 1 alone is now 15k words :rainbowderp:

bahatumay
Group Contributor

My problem is sporadic writing. I've gotten the beginning done, I've written most of the climax and resolution, I've even outlined where to go for the epilogue, but I just need something to connect them all.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Ah. Well, you have until 11:59pm west coast timezone on the 6th to decide whether you need an extension :x

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 141