AppleDash 3,011 members · 1,064 stories
Comments ( 672 )
  • Viewing 501 - 550 of 672

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

This is a relevant question because they're currently going at the trees.

Planning on stopping that?

Rainbow Dash! What's your favorite position?

CEO of the Wobderbolts?

Rangelost
Group Contributor

Sandwich day! Back to answering questions, I guess...

Any plans for foals?

Dash, how does AJ feel about you being the breadwinner (or breadwinner to be)?

Rangelost
Group Contributor

Wait!!! :pinkiegasp: If Rainbow Dash spen the breakfast, lunch and dinner with the Apple family, does that mean that you are living together? if not... do you have plans for that any soon? :scootangel:

1918018 I like the new style of drawings! :pinkiehappy:

Rangelost
Group Contributor

To be honest, I just got tired of pressing [Ctrl]+[Z].

Their manes look so pretty... :rainbowkiss:

Rangelost
Group Contributor
DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I'm confused. Is it a sandwich day or a sandwich will disappear soon day?

Comment posted by DbzOrDie deleted Oct 9th, 2013
Rangelost
Group Contributor

It's apparently doubleposting day!

:trixieshiftright:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

No idea what you're talking about

Rangelost
Group Contributor

The art of not answering questions.

:ajsmug:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

I dare you to draw Luna in this new style! Gotta see her mane

Rangelost
Group Contributor

Question for Dash: Red apples or green apples?

Rangelost
Group Contributor
Tchernobog
Group Admin

:rainbowwild:

Hmph. I was hoping for more detail on the mane! :trixieshiftright:

Rangelost
Group Contributor

Detail? Seriously? There's obviously something you missed in "Ask MS Paint Appledash".

Also, go do your job on EQD. There's people complaining about Appledash again.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Already on it!

For AJ

How many applestrees can Applebloom buck if Applebloom can buck Appletrees?

Rangelost
Group Contributor

So, Dash, AJ, have you let the other in on earth pony or pegasus traditions? Something the other wouldn't have known :o

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Stetson Dash :rainbowkiss:

Jackie
Group Contributor

1925844 Yes! Another area of the farm :rainbowkiss:

So, we know Applejack isn't afraid of heights... but is she afraid of actually flying?

Rangelost
Group Contributor

How did Scootaloo react to her 'big sister' getting in a relationship?

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Ooh, the new art style is very pretty! I know I already have a pending question, but AJ, are your pillows stuffed with feathers, or is it just a synthetic/cotton one?

1933101 Sweetie Belle: Element of Shipping

Jackie
Group Contributor

After going through those bushes full of thorns, I managed to get Apple Bloom a rose! Then I asked her if she wanted to be my fillyfriend.
So did mah lil sis sa-
Did she say yes?!

:pinkiegasp:holy cat
...you got rid of the under drawing skeleton whatever thing
I like it

Rainbow, how do you think Applejack would look with her hair let out?

Hey, RD!
Has Scootaloo ever dressed up as Applejack to try and get your attention?
:scootangel: ---> :ajsmug:

I'm wondering, is the whole AJ's-hair-down-thing even a thing in other ships?

Not that I'm aware of, truthfully. I don't really pay that much attention to it - I personally keep the "AJ with her hair undone" thing in some of my fics for personal preference. See, I think that it happens on AppleDash because Applejack doesn't necessarily have many feminine qualities with her hair all bound up - and Rainbow Dash is... well, a flaming tomboy. XD

But from my experience, fiction writers, myself included, tend to fall back on the masculine/feminine archetypes for relationships, even between two lesbian partners. One will act and look in a more protective, stronger, more independent masculine role - in most cases, Rainbow Dash - whereas Applejack tends to come across as the more matronly, level-headed, supportive feminine archetype.

I think that's the only reason it really happens amongst these two alone. Most fic writers prefer to give Applejack the more subductive personality, simply because there's a lot of wiggle room in her character, and plenty of space to explore her feminine side. That, and I always thought that Applejack with a little more of a Southern Belle voice was squee-worthy.

But yeah, since Twilight, Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy basically all encompass a more feminine archetype than Applejack does, I can see why it might not happen in other 'ships. This is all just my opinion, really. Take it for what it is to you. :derpytongue2:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I have no real knowledge or experience on this matter but I think that a tomboy doesn't want parts of her feminine side to shine through. In a relationship with a partner who she really trusts, she might not mind that much. It helps when they both are tomboys because they can understand it.

I can't attest to anything factually, as I'm neither a lesbian, nor a woman, even. XD

All I can say is what I've experienced in fiction, and most people don't really seem to mind me utilizing it, really. I've had the fortune of having a few good friends who happened to be lesbians, and gained a bit of incite into their thought process - or, at least hers. Tomboys never really entered the equation, as being a tomboy obviously doesn't mean anything when it comes to sexual orientation.

So, really, I have no incite into that area either.

I'm only going on what I've learned from my friend, that being that generally, a female/female couple commonly still retains elements of a straight couple - one will normally take a more leading, dominant role to fulfill the so-called "male" half of the couple, while the other is usually a bit more passive and supportive.

That is, like with any romance, nothing is set in stone either. I can just as easily see Applejack and Rainbow Dash, for example, swapping out roles, just like other couples do. In this case, I find that swapping a tomboyish look for a more feminine one is either a representation of a transition, or just a matter of personal taste of the author.

Ultimately, it all just depends on how you wanna use the trope. I think it's a fun tool to play around with.

I say, good sir. It could not have been put better any other way. :moustache:

Rangelost
Group Contributor

Applejack doesn't necessarily have many feminine qualities with her hair all bound up

Rainbow Dash is [...] a flaming tomboy

masculine/feminine archetypes for relationships, even between two lesbian partners

One will act and look in a more protective, stronger, more independent masculine role - in most cases, Rainbow Dash

explore her feminine side

It helps when they both are tomboys because they can understand it.

I'll come back when I've recovered from reading this.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I don't quite get why you're highlighting those lines. Then again, I'm as dense as a rock.

Rangelost
Group Contributor

It's a cultural matter. People raised in Christian-based cultures tend to assume that ponies have the same corrupted social values, and it irritates me to the highest level. They don't seem to realize that the whole "men hunt and women cook" lifestyle is not universal, nor for humans, nor for other species. Misusing terms such as "masculine" or "feminine" as defined by certain norms established by a specific culture is insulting to both genders.

:ajbemused:

Rangelost
Group Contributor

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

1962093 so what you're saying is that those things going at the apple trees are actually beavers?

Roughhouse
Group Contributor

Lighting Dust, since when did you start answering questions for AJ and RD? I thought you weren't exactly on good terms with either of them.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

She's been kidnapped and forced to do their announcing for them.
If you look closely, you can see her asking for help. Look at the terror in her eyes

Roughhouse
Group Contributor

Hmmm... hmmmmmhmmm ...
I don't buy it. :trixieshiftleft:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

What do YOU have to do with AppleDash, Lightning?!

1962229 I thought it was all the terrible fanfiction that was scaring (scarring?) her...

• Viewing 501 - 550 of 672