Chess Game of the Gods 1,442 members · 87 stories
Comments ( 248 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 248

Just to clarify, the City on the Sea, is pretty much a massive chunk of coral, chained to the ocean floor, while the space station is a magical place, basicly a prison made from stars, blah blah blah, I'll let someone else figure that one out, and use it to your own free will. Luna was banished to the moon. Who says Celestia hasn't done similar things to the super evil folks who need to be banished like Luna was? Makes perfect sense, if you think about it. Well, it does to me... :pinkiecrazy:

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

Imma say no on the Moon prison thing, since only 2 beings have ever been imprisoned there.

As for an anchored city in the ocean, I could see that working out. Perhaps a center of trade with Seaponies or something.

Ah. Alrighty, I was just throwing out ideas for people to use. But I had a brilliant idea, to introduce someone who follows the Roman god of INSANITY,(Can't think of the name off the top of my head...) and he'd be a Pandorian changeling(The white ones, don't understand, look it up on the CGotG wiki) who has a human form. (I'm here to give you all ideas, I'm not the best of writers so I wouldn't write it) but he wouldn't be able to use normal magic, but he'd use rune guns. Aka, guns that have runes carved in them to allow him to pour magic into the gun, and the runes make the spell, without having to think of it. Just a charge, click, bang. I'll be posting ideas for places to expand the CGotG world in, and little character ideas. So don't get ashamed of taking my ideas, but go ahead and warn me if you do. We have the Zebra Isles (Personal nickname for them) Dominion, Dragon Badlands, Equestria, Gem Fido, and a few other places. So SOMEONE, use an idea I put down, and make a story outta it!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Also, if you want more detail on one of my ideas, I'm going to list them on my account. So for the 'Atlantis' idea, go to my profile for a bit more detail. And I have two character ideas on it. I'll be brainstorming for you all, so try to take the ideas I make, and make them into tales I shall be proud to even heard of! :pinkiehappy:

When I say proud to say I've heard of it, I mean, like it'll be FREAKING FAMOUS. Like cupcakes....or the rainbow factory. I'll just be happy if someone says, READ THIS STORY. Like I have with the Griffin the Griffin tale, or Diaries of a Mad Man (Talk about an addict to America's OTHER favorite pastime...) I just want someone who's not good with original ideas, to take these ideas, and make them great. So someone, do it not for me, do it for the Chess Game of the Gods!

Nevermind on that changeling idea. Being used already. By me...I have way too many notes on it for me to just give up...sorry for that one.

to the gentle attention of the admins, the regulators or the first wild rattata to appear

After believing for a while that there wasn't any story about sea serpents, i found this: UUUULAAA-Hop!

making so useless the new "kind description chart " ('u know, the ones required by the rules) i wrote for my character....
is possible for me to see the already written chart, do i link you mine or it isn't required being sea serpent canon in the show, even thought it is like that only for Steven, appeared in barely a episode?

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

That story was written before the species chart rule was put into place, so there isn't one for Sea Serpents currently. And since the appearance of a Sea Serpent was so brief, I would still like one written out.

So do I link it in a private message to all the admins or there is a thread?

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

Just send it to me.

What is the cannon term for "bat-ponies"? I've heard different terms across the site; but I don't think I've seen what they are known as in the Chessverse

Some terms I've heard are: nightkin, thestrals, kirin, and sarophins

871735 This question is urgent because I've already included a set age for Sunset Shimmer based on this. Is this how ages are viewed in Canon, pertaining to ponies in general?

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

Nope. Ponies are viewed to age the same rate as an adult human. I mean, Granny Smith is over 100 years old.

This is me, stuck between a rock and a rock.:ajbemused:

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

Thestrals are the confirmed name in the Chessverse for Bat Ponies.

So...Do female Diamond Dogs have visible breasts like a human's?

Thethhron
Group Contributor

Not sure. Diamond wolves, like Aoi, do but no one has brought up Diamond Dogs i think. I don't recall if Missy talked about it in her story, exactly

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

They are extremely small (B-Cup comparative would be like them DD-cups for humans) and are only visible while they are pregnant or lactating for pups. Nipples aren't visible (hidden behind fur.)

If you have complaints about this, just be happy I'm only use partial canine anatomy, otherwise they'd have upwards to 8 nipples/breasts.

Comment posted by Maneiac deleted Aug 26th, 2013

Another question for Mr. Cloud.

Can scars be healed by magic or....?

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

I'm not sure. I guess it would depend on the type of healing magic used. If it was a spell that simply accelerated the natural healing cycle of the body (most common and easiest healing magic) then no, they wouldn't be able to heal scars.

If it was more of that would replace the missing tissue magically (instead of having the body heal itself) then there wouldn't be a scar in the first place. Of course that sorta spell only replicates the type of tissue that was there, so if you tried it on a scarred area, a new scar would pop up.

The only way I could think of it happening would to have a reverse time spell that would target a specific location, somewhat like Inoue from the manga/anime Bleach.

1470192 I'm asking a lot of questions....:derpytongue2:

Final question (for a while): How does Equestria write their Date/Month/Year? Is it the same as Earth months but with witty horse puns?

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

We have never discussed if Equestria uses any of the same Calender systems that Earth uses, so I'm not sure. The Wiki Timeline uses the standard January through December calender year that most of the Western World does here though.

1558701 ....I sense ground that has yet to be tread? Promising...:pinkiecrazy:

Thethhron
Group Contributor

If you want to rewrite names, feel free, though multiple stories have already used earth calendar names, both from human and native viewpoints. I would urge you to only change names though if you tamper with it. Adding months or changing the way time works is not a good idea and Father Time will be upset with you cause it takes a lot of work to fix it.

I'm planning to (try to) write a story and I aim to make it canon. Before that, I have to read a lot of already-existing fanfics, so I'll have plenty of time to think about it...
However, I have a few questions:
1. If I understood well, canon and deuterocanon are like two different parallel universes that do not interfere with each other because some authors wanted to be apart in another "less serious" group. Is it right?
2. What exactly are the differences between canon and deuterocanon? Which is what exactly?
3. Has anyone ever fixed any rule about the continuity of time between Earth and Equestria? I mean, while reading Echo the Diamond Dog's story, I remember a line saying that "Equestria was a few months behind Earth" (when he hears that Discord just reappeared) or something. Does it mean it's canon that time on Earth keeps on going at the exact same speed while Pieces are sent there; or is it not canon anymore since The Ballad of Echo the Diamond Dog doesn't appear on the Canon Stories list on the wiki?
My view of the thing is that time could be "frozen" on Earth for those who are in Equestria; because the two universes would have two different notions of time. This would be unimportant to the Gods, who can teleport their pieces at any moment in time, Equestrian or Earthly.
I hope I made myself clear. :twilightblush:
That last question is very important to my fanfic. It's a detail; but, well, there is no small detail. :rainbowwild:

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

1) You hit the nail on the head. The newest folder was for people who wanted to have canon characters and crosses, but not deal with having to be collaborate with all the other canon authors in things they wished to include in their stories.

2) The biggest difference is the stories in that new folder do not affect any other story but their own unless a crossover occurred within a story in Canon or that folder (the inter-folder crosses don't have any affect on canon though). An example would be how Griffin has hired Zeta to do a job for him, or just the entire Grand Galloping Gala cross over.

3) Time on Earth and Equestria isn't really linked in the Canon sense. Gods are able to take their piece from the time they choose and then place them from the moment of Discord's release up to the latest canon story.

As a suggestion I would not recommend that you place your piece early on around Discord's release because you'd have a lot of ground to catch up on and while it can be easier to fit in to the other established canon by finding spots not touched upon, you also loose the ability to affect canon in a larger sense.

"You hit the nail on the head. The newest folder was for people who wanted to have canon characters and crosses, but not deal with having to be collaborate with all the other canon authors in things they wished to include in their stories. "
I take it that the most recent folder is the deuterocanon one then?

"As a suggestion I would not recommend that you place your piece early on around Discord's release because you'd have a lot of ground to catch up on and while it can be easier to fit in to the other established canon by finding spots not touched upon, you also loose the ability to affect canon in a larger sense. "
Yeah, actually, I was going to put my Piece at the latest possible moment and in a quite faraway land. What interested me was the Earth time.
I intend on using a God who likes a little rule-bending every now and then.
And since Time isn't particularly linked between the two universes, it'll make things easier for me, and harder for my Piece. :trixieshiftright:

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

The one with FNTK, BSRC, and Griffin the Griffin and Falling Feathers is currently considered Deutrocanon. I should probably rename it.

Since the folder is now for deutrocanon will other previously canon stories be moved there (eg Echo, Ember, Missy and Twigleaf's)

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

Yea, they probably should be.

I'm a bit lost there, regarding FNTK. There seems to be 2 different parts: FNTK Reborn, and FNTK. Are both deuterocanon? Or is only one of these canon?

Also, this page from the wiki confuses me. http://chessgame-of-the-gods.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Canon_Stories
No mention about the deuterocanon, and some which are deuterocanon are in this 'canon' list.
Should I rather trust this page?
http://chessgame-of-the-gods.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Chesspieces

If I do trust the latter, that means Knightmare's story (as well as a few others like Echo's story) has no incidence on the Canon universe, which is the "more serious" one where you have to be careful regarding the events occurring in the other fanfics. Right?
So, if Knightmare's story is not important in the Canon universe, that means the end of the Chess Game has not been determined yet. Is it?

Thethhron
Group Contributor

The end of the chess game has never truly been determined anyway, at least in full (to my knowledge). As for the difference between the normal and Reborn FNTK, the "Reborn" chapters are simply rewritten and edited versions of the original chapters. Oh, and between universes, there is no continuity of time. People can be pulled from wherever and whenever and I believe there are even examples of different Earth's being pulled from. People can leave earth whenever and arrive in Equestria whenever.

It should be noted that, until some asks me otherwise, I will continue adding Aoi's, Griffin's and Knightmare's events to the canon timeline. Griffin's and Aoi's timeline, while incredibly out of wack, has a way of being resolved.

Come to think of it, What's the deal with Law? Is he canon or not?

EDIT: It seems he's even removed his story or Fimfiction is being wacky again. So nvm

"The end of the chess game has never truly been determined anyway, at least in full (to my knowledge). "
Well, the start of FNTK does give a bit of a hint, like "everyone's happy, lots of people died, and they carved statues representing deuterocanon characters; also only 'old' characters are present, such as Griffin or Bugbear, while the newest ones like Arrell don't exist".

So what is exactly the situation here? If it's deuterocanon, why do you add its events to the canon timeline? Is it somehow between the two, at the same time a bit canon and a bit deuterocanon?

Excuse me for all that bickering but all this stuff is really, really confusing for someone who started to read everything about 4 days ago.

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

1595579>>1595885

Since this transfer and addition of a Deutro Canon folder is so new, we are still working out the kinks of how to make the transition smooth and such. As of right now though, unless a story in Canon also makes note of an event in Deutro-Canon, any Deutro-Canon chapters have no affect on Canon. This is liable to change once we organize and speak it over with the other authors better.

Oooookay. I get it. So, since probably nobody in current canon stories mention the prologue of FNTK, it doesn't exist in the current-canon universe, while the character himself might still be canon. Though I'm not really sure I read about him in the current-canon stories I've read so far.

This is quite interesting.

Well. Time for more reading! :yay:

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

He's appeared in my story and I still have to figure out what to do with Griffin the Griffin and Falling Feathers. I think I have a plan, but I'm going to have to discuss it with everyone

Thethhron
Group Contributor

The timeline was originally created before the three authors decided to create that folder.

Would you prefer I go and remove the stories that just became deuterocanon from the timeline? It'll take a bit of time but I CAN remove the events, if you would like.

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

Take out 'Falling Feathers' stuff from the time line. I have to sort through the other two stories still. Also if you have the time, make the Deutro-Canon section on the wiki with the stories in the folder there. Thanks bro.

Thethhron
Group Contributor

As in, a deuterocanon timeline? I could do that. I'll store the timeline information in a gdoc so I haven't lost it in case something changes.

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

More like a Deutro Canon part in describing stories and such in the "Stories" page where it has Canon, Non-Canon, and Unsorted.

Thethhron
Group Contributor

Can do! I'm still going to keep the three timelines recorded - I just won't update them. BUt I will remove Falling Feathers, From Nobody to Knightmare and Blue Stranger Red Curtain from the "Canon" timeline, excluding major events like the gala, the Royal Wedding , or the founding of Signal.

Signal? What is that?
If it's canon, I've got to know which story tells me about that. Would you tell me which one it is?

It's from Griffin's story. It is an island settlement that he made in the Zebra islands

Ah, thanks. I was just about to reach that part of the story when I posted my previous message. :facehoof:

Weeeman
Group Admin

Can anyone join the deuterocanon, or is there some requirements? Because, honestly, I don't see the point of being non-canon when deuterocanon is the same but with crossovers.

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

Non-Canon is 100% freedom, i.e. Echo has the changelings attack Wethoof, along with a few other alicorns plus you can kill characters and such there as well. Deutro-Canon still follows the path of Canon, just with greater freedoms of writing, i.e. Celestia is a sex fiend when drunk, creatures can run at the speed of light, and half a dozen creatures have Massive human like breasts.

As for how to get into it, I haven't quite worked that out yet.

Weeeman
Group Admin

nvm, I like my stories (relatively) breast-free.

Thethhron
Group Contributor

Oh goodie. Unfortunately, I've had a quite ridiculous idea that I can't get out of my head and will probably end up inserting into my story for the lolz and only bring it out for comedic reasons.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 248