Christian 86 members · 48 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Hello again.

I wanted to ask you guys a few questions...

As some of you have noticed, my first history was like a grenade in the community. And even through I put plenty of warnings people got offended just by the idea of having something Christian alongside My Little Pony. :pinkiesick:

While I expected most of the flames so I really wasn't bothered by them, I suddenly remembered about the other side of the coin: the readers. As such, I wanted to ask your opinion about the issue. Please answer the following questions:

1) Are you bothered by a flame war in the comments?

2) Do they reduce your capacity to enjoy a fanfic?

3) If yes, how should we deal with them?

I am asking because I want to make things more enjoyable to everyone here. And because I will be posting more fics soon... and I am sure they will probably receive some hate comments too.

4) One last question: Besides the warning in the summary and the story description, do you think I should put an individual warning in each chapter?

Please share your thoughts. :pinkiesad2:

1) I usually don't read comments unless I'm really skeptical about reading something first, but when I do happen across a flame war it rarely bothers me. It is usually just when people say things that I find outright offense to personally.

2) Not really, a good story can still get lots of hate. Comments only affect my view on the story if they give the story bad genuine critiques, such as a story with horrible grammar, development, etc. If a story is good, it's good.

3) It might be yes for some others, so, there really isn't anything I can think to do other than remove all offensive and hateful comments from the story, but that might just anger some people more.

4) Other than in the description you could put a secondary warning at the beginning of the first chapter, but every chapter seems excessive.

Also, one thing we all need to remember is that as Christians, we live in a dark age, and there will always be plenty of others who will mock and scoff at us. Even if you plaster a story in warnings, those who just want to beat us down will still post hateful things, because they find pleasure in it. Just don't be afraid to speak out and post the things you want to say. Be it through MLP or any other medium, you can't let hateful things turn you away from spreading what you believe is truth. Though, as well, don't taunt or fight those who despise us, only love them and pray for them. :twilightsmile:

I have learned one thing from the pony fandom, and that is that those who are a member of it supposedly follow the idea to "Love and Tolerate" which is also one of the lessons that I had already learned growing up in a Christian home. So we can't let the hate keep us down, and we need to do our best to show those who show us hate the love and tolerance that all of god's children deserve.

I am not speaking just to you, but all the fellow christian pony fans. I have seen christians fight tirelessly against hateful comments on the internet for ages, and it never gets anywhere. The message that FIM portrays is very similar to that of many from the bible, and many do not think that because of the way the world has warped the outlook on christianity. They see the worst of us and not the best, nor the truth behind those who advertize us with lies. So don't prove them right by responding to hate with anger or forsaking. Love them, Tolerate them, Pray for them, and above all, don't ever lose the kindness in your tone.

Okay, long response, and I may have rambled with my message a bit. Sorry, there was a lot that I wanted to get off my chest and I kind of unloaded it all into my reply to your post :twilightblush:

Thank you for your repply. That gave me a lot to think about.

Thank you! :twilightsmile:

378851 we live in a dark age, Well yeah which is why many people dislike you because you are still in the dark ages.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4