Humans Aren't Bastards 4,067 members · 211 stories
Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41
RandomEncounter
Group Admin

We administrators here at the Humans Aren't Bastards group do care! We do listen! And now we have a consolidated thread just for that! If you have suggestions, feedback, non-administrator concerns, please feel free to discuss them here. Help us help you!
:pinkiecrazy:

Professor Plum
Group Contributor

I'd recommend getting admins in a spread of different timezones. Having multiple admins won't help if they're all busy 9-5.

Probably best to pin these threads in place. Just in case.

Plum has a point. I mean we got 673 members and 4 moderators, so it'd be helpful to at least have admins on during the dead time to prevent another troll attack from filling out message boxes.

The Haunt
Group Admin

Fear not citizen! I'm usually online durring the day, and can monitor the forums when the others are away doing frivolous, unimportant things. :moustache:

697883 but are the others on while you sleep?

The Haunt
Group Admin

I never sleep. :ajbemused:

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

Generally a lot of the moderators are on during the late hours. Anrodos is on during the day as well as other admins. Today though for some reason when usually two admins would be online at least, there were none. It's strange how that happens at these times.
:facehoof:

Beyond the Horizon
Group Contributor

Are you a corpse then- oh wait I forgot who you were for a moment. Silly me.

The Haunt
Group Admin

You should be well aware of my current state of undeath.:moustache:

Well if you lot got it, then I guess I'm ok with it. Though I take it there's not much that can be done to make sure Nighty can't just make another profile with which to spam us......is there a way to implement an application process time period?

The Haunt
Group Admin

Believe that issue has already been handled.

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

We are hesitant to do so. If we start making it difficult for people to join the HaB group it can come off as being somewhat unwelcome. Generally we don't have this problem, and we'd rather deal with that behavior than discourage people joining.

If we have to expand the number of administrators, however, we are not adverse to doing so to meet the needs of the group. Finding administrators we all trust though... well, I don't think I need to point out the damage a bad admin could do to this group (which is far worse than a single troll.)

697973 I meant to prevent future issues since he has come back from the dead. Fool me once...

697980 i was actually wondering about that, especially with the speed Anrodos was chosen. I take it he was pre-chosen just in case something like this happened?

The Haunt
Group Admin

If I understand correctly Knighty has dealt with the problem. I'm not 100% sure on that however.

698050 Odd. Wonder how he did that considering I heard tell that the troll was using a proxy to avoid IP bans.

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

We are a group of friends to be sure. Perhaps at times dysfunctional (I'm looking at you, Anrodos), but friends none the less. Invictus started this group to encourage discourse and talk about the good qualities of human beings, and all of the administrators appointed since then share in our friend's ideal. And yes, the thought has been there for a while now; the latest troll antics just made it final.
:twilightsmile:

The Haunt
Group Admin

I couldn't tell you to be honest. Like I said, I'm not 100% on what happened, but if he does manage to come back from the dead I or one of the other admins will be around to deal with him. Or any other drama llamas for that matter.

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

It's more than likely he did so, and there's little we can do on our end other than ban the users, delete the threads, and report the offender to Knighty. Users that reported this to him did the right thing as well.
:scootangel:

698070 heh, sounds a bit like the Eridani Light Pony. Our own admin, Hylius, said it best "This is why I love the ELP, it's like playing inside of a minefield!"

I say, we get attack robots to watch over everyone who joins the group.

But in all seriousness, I think this is a great idea. I don't really have any suggestions, I trust smarter people do, I just wanted to voice my approval of this and say thanks to all the people who keep this group running.

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

The sentiment is appreciated. :yay:

The trolls can smell absent admins.

The Haunt
Group Admin

Oh yes, *I'm* the dysfunctional one of the group. :facehoof:

I would like to suggest (provided this has not been implemented) that we make this group a closed group, so as to make it harder for potential trolls/spammers to come to the group and troll and spam.

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

This was actually discussed by the moderators recently. Although there are a number of advantages to closing the group to applicants only, we decided that the spammers are sporadic enough that we should keep the group open at this time. A closed group can come off as a bit uninviting at times and we absolutely want to remain an open and welcoming group as long as possible.

Will we always stay open? The short answer is that depends. As long as spammer attacks are infrequent this will remain the case. If trolls and spammers become truly annoying then we may have to reevaluate this policy once again.

Would all of us that are in the group right now be able to stay?

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

Closing the group would not affect anyone already in the group if it ever came to that. It would merely make invites have to go through a moderator first.

Get a moderation team that moderates who can get in the group.

Professor Plum
Group Contributor

Doesn't work with the site, I'm afraid.

At the moment, groups can either be "Open" or "Closed". Let everyone in, or no-one.

The only way to do such a thing is to close the group and briefly open and close it every time someone wants to join, which is a huge kerfuffle (trust me, I tried it with a smaller group. Not worth the effort)

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

Pretty much what Professor Plum said. :pinkiesad2:

Unsticky all unneccesary stickies, and make harsher stickying rules. You know you have a problem when half the first page is stickies.

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

They were getting a little cluttered (honestly didn't notice it had gotten that bad). Is that better?

2094429 Which topics did you "un-sticky"? How would you find these topics now in case you want to look them up? :twilightsmile:

I can't add my story to the group. Could you help, maybe?

Look, we desperately need to get some rules on shitposting. Most of the posts I've seen here are random posts with minimal, if any, discussion value.

I'm still advocating deletion of all extraneous, redundant (with no archival value), and troll threads at moderator's discretion.

697824 Umm...I was wondering if the group humans aren't bastards can also include human-like...I mean not like a monster with a human soul ( or i'm I saying that) But a human trapped...like the hulk...Actually I mean a big daddy from the bioshock series...ok hold on..... Can I make a story on a creature that's Human but not any more. What if its a Big daddy (from the Bioshock Series) I know theirs a group for them too, but a big daddy is a human inside a metal suit thats about all that's different (maybe more) I just want to know cause in the series they are just mindless creatures. But i want to make a big daddy that's different from others, I want a big daddy that still has his soul. ( NOT just subject Delta)...SO could I make a story on a big daddy with human feelings on this group or What

Umm...I was wondering if the group humans aren't bastards can also include human-like...I mean not like a monster with a human soul ( or i'm I saying that) But a human trapped...like the hulk...Actually I mean a big daddy from the bioshock series...ok hold on..... Can I make a story on a creature that's Human but not any more. What if its a Big daddy (from the Bioshock Series) I know theirs a group for them too, but a big daddy is a human inside a metal suit thats about all that's different (maybe more) I just want to know cause in the series they are just mindless creatures. But i want to make a big daddy that's different from others, I want a big daddy that still has his soul. ( NOT just subject Delta)...SO could I make a story on a big daddy with human feelings on this group or What

suggestion:
make the group actually about humans not being bastards instead of circlejerking about politics 24/7

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41