Proof-reading, Pre-Reading And Editing 960 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Let's start with the legal information, shall we?

Obligatory and Standard Instructions: To request a review of your story, please do the following:
1. Read the general rules on the front page.
2: Read the rules the kind reviewer has set. If he doesn’t want a specific tag, don’t waste anyone’s time by posting a story with that tag.
2.5 Read all of them. Don’t be lazy. Laziness is a terrible quality.
3. Fill out this form about your story:
Title:
Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag):
General Summary/Description:
Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work:
Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional):
Other important information:
Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer:
4. The reviewer has one week to accept your story. Please understand they are people too, and may not accept your request as soon as you post it. If they fail to accept your request after one week, and you are sure you fit into the group/reviewer’s rules, then report the instance to the admins.
5. After the reviewer has successfully reviewed your story, then be sure to mark your post as completed in some form of noticeable lettering. It helps everyone see the reviewer is doing their job.
6. If any problems arise that you and your reviewer can’t solve together, contact the admins and we’ll help you.

Now some things about me!
Username: WinterPony
Tell us a bit about yourself: I've been an editor for many stories, including the featured Adolescence by Scout Feather. I'm willing to edit for anyone with any experience.
Are you an editor/proofreader/pre-reader: I am an editor, although I give opinions if you wish.
How much experience do you have on editing/proofing/pre-reading: I have tons of experience!
Prefered tags: Romance, Sad, SoL, OC stories, and (if well done) clop!
Favorite form of communication: PM me for initial contact and then we can set up other communications.

I welcome all to share their stories with me!

Helped with small things that I missed and larger things I needed to address.

I didn't have much to edit, so it's kind of hard to say how you helped. :derpytongue2: All I know is that you did, and I'm grateful for it!

3335555 Title: As an Apple
Tags: Slice of Life, Random
Description: Goldie Delicious decided to do some cleaning... and found the archives where Pinkie's relation with the Apple family is confirmed! Now, Pinkie decided to act like an Apple. Even if farm chores aren't always fun...
Extra information: I don't have a fancy vocabulary or know many words... So if you have better ways to say things I did, please point it out!

3335555 Hey there! Mind taking a look at mine? I'll send you a PM with the link after I post this.

Title: Fallout Equestria: Emergence

Tags: Adventure, Crossover, Dark, Gore (though, not extremely gory or dark so far).

Rating: Mature

“The Lightbringer has risen, the Enclave has fallen. Equestria is on the threshold of a new era. This is all very poetic, but KnickKnack is a pony with ambitions and he intends to pursue them. Question is - is he willing to pay the price?”

Emergence is a spinoff for Fallout: Equestria, large focus on the changes coming across the Equestrian Wasteland and how the characters are affecting that future, whether they intend to or not.

What type of help are you looking for? While I'm looking for a pre-reader or proof-reader, you may be able to help me out with how I structure certain descriptions, or perhaps some of the grammatical and otherwise errors that I'm not seeing.

-I’m looking for editing for what I’ve already written, but if you’re interested in helping me out long-term, that’d be much appreciated. Currently, the story is at about 15,000 words. The finished fic itself will probably be fairly long.
-It’s set in the Fallout: Equestria universe, but if you’re not familiar with Fallout or FoE, that won’t be a problem so long as you’re not put off by it.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on: Integral descriptions. Where they’re needed or could be improved, particularly with ponies. As well as that, anything that leaps out and says ‘Whoa, why’d you put this in here?’ I’m also looking for feedback on ideas for things I want to implement in the story that I haven’t locked in yet, largely for way ahead. I may also need help on formatting, because I'm not 100% confident I'm doing it right, though nobody's complained.

Other important information: I’m a somewhat sporadic writer. I don’t write extremely quickly and tend to work in chunks on the weekends. I progressively put updates on GDocs and find it works well to allow people to comment on it.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: FiMFiction PM or G-docs, unless you have a strong preference otherwise.

Title: spike at a new home: finding ways home book 1
Tags human Adventure au comedy
Wen spike gets transported to the human world with no memory and a 13-year-old brony finds him what will happen to our young Dragon?

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): details, editing
Other important information:
Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: fimfic pm

Title: The Way I Feel
Tags: Romance, Sad
When Fluttershy realizes how she feels about Discord, he tells her how he feels about Princess Celestia. When he and Celestia start dating Fluttershy doesn't know how to act, and it results in Fluttershy avoiding both.

3335555 Um, do the stories have to be finished?

Title: Fallout Equestria - Torn Skies

Tags: Adventure, Alternate Universe Crossover, Dark, Sex, Gore

General Summary/Description: The Canterlot Ghoul Batpony Natasha finds out, her entire life was a lie. Everything she remembered was just a story made up by a pervert to keep her as his personal pet.
She couldn't stay in the dead city anymore. Disgust and the will to regain herself drive her out into the Equestrian Wasteland, but she wasn't prepared for what she was about to find. Curiosity, hate, pain and the drive to become her true self again make her drift through the east of Equestria, until she found out a part of herself, she actually wanted to stay lost: She played a part in the Great War and wasn't innocent about the worlds state herself.
Yet there was a legend of a land, that still was as happy and clean, actually free of radiation: Equestria Valley. The need for redemption drives her to search the illusive paradise, to find out it's secret and spread it across the burnt world.
A quest like that was destined to bee too much for one pony, even is there was more to this one, than it met the eye. Followers came and went, finding out sharing her path was just as dangerous as crossing it.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: I'm German and I might need some general help with my English expression.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): Besides general language and grammar, I'd like you to have an eye on the correct usage of phrases and terminology. Meaning I'd like you to watch that I use the same capitalisation on the same term over the entire story.

Other important information: I won't actually publish anything, until I have at least 100 proof read pages DIN A4. Google Docs is not an option to me. I write in LaTeX (TeXStudio + MiKTeX) and save my work in my Dropbox while it's WIP. I'm currently working on the story and it's going to take quite a while, until it will be finished. I have a day job so I don't always have the time to write at all, so there might be a hiatus every now and then.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: I'd prefer Skype as in TEXT message Skype, not voice communication. If that's not an option, I'd give out my e-mail to keep in contact.

Comment posted by SSparkle deleted Feb 14th, 2016

3335555 Title: A Displaced Xenomorph

Tags: Crossover, gore, Human, and Alternate Universe

General Summary/Description: A guy whose name I won't reveal yet turns into a queen xenomorph.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: I'm American and editing and proofreading.

Other important information: I write a chapter each week or later and might slack off a bit.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: PM and Gdocs

Title: The Portal

Tags: Gore, Violence, Adventure, Anthro, Human, Alt. Universe, Other

A massive forest fire has broken out in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest in Wisconsin, raging for several Months before being brought under control. As the authorities investigate the cause of the fire, evidence points to a nearby cave. What will be found inside will launch the United States into a war between worlds, and the liberation of an oppressed species.

Information the Reviewer Needs: I'm currently looking to have all the criteria below on the First Chapter fixed that needs correcting.
A. Double-Spaced or Tab-Indented
B. Enough Connections to the MLP Verse.

Additional Information: This will not be a full length Employment, it's just a on call basis If you'd be willing to do that.

Form of Communication: I can use, Discord, Steam, PM'ing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10