Proof-reading, Pre-Reading And Editing 960 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hello. Thought I'd try my luck again for an EqG story I've been writing on and off since 2016. The story is embedded below. If you have mature stories turned on, you should be able to see it. Here's the details:

Title: What They Expect to Give

Rating: Mature

Genres: Drama, Romance (FlutterDash), AU (see details below)

Other Details: Graphic sex scenes, profanity, mentions of heavy topics (miscarriage, domestic abuse, emotional abuse, etc.)--and I know the beginning is rough. I plan on completely replacing the prologue and the first chapter.

Current Length: 166,026 words.

Planned Length: 246,000 words. That's an estimate. I'm hoping I'm waaaay under that.

Summary: The girls are now second-year students of Everfree State University. Though still good friends, they've drifted apart. None could have expected the bloom of awkward love to be the thing that brings them all together again. Least of all, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

Alternative Universe: The girls' powers operate differently from the films, thus altering certain canon events. Magic is still a secret to the world at large and reacted to more seriously. Humans also have normal flesh colors. Oh, and I refuse to acknowledge that Spring Breakdown ever happened.

General vision (and other stuff I couldn't fit elsewhere): The story doesn't really start in a comfortable place, and that's purposeful. I wanted there to be a lot of catharses later on as Rainbow and Fluttershy get together, reconnect with friends, make new friends, and deal with family. Later there's plenty of happy and fluffy feels, but it goes up and down just like you'd expect in life. I like struggles and angst, then happy endings. Catharsis! It is my goal.

The story's major theme is love in its many forms. Even the broken ones. The story is more of a Man vs. Self story than anything else, which is why I'd like to rewrite the prologue--it's my opinion that it sets up the expectation for Rainbow's father to be the main antagonist. He isn't.

The story's primary focus is Rainbow and Fluttershy's relationship, but there's lots of little side things going on. In addition to the FlutterDash, I also hoped to have these pairings included (if only peripherally)-- Sunset/Applejack, Rarity/Capper, and Pinkie/Cheese.

My needs: This story has already gone through a lot of editing. Sure, having a regular editor again would be amazing, and I could always use help with improving my syntax, but I'm mostly looking for a pre-reader to let me know if I'm about to jump the shark before I ruin the story. I'd really love to hear someone's thoughts on the plot, including future plans I have.

I don't have a schedule or anything. It's true that I have big gaps between updates, but recently I've really endeavored to keep up with writing the story. I've been going strong for months now. This is my baby, and I'm determined to finish it.

[Adult story embed hidden]

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1