Fluttershy 2,925 members · 4,020 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

GhostRider1996 and I are going to write a story that re-writes the canon ab initio so that Fluttershy is the main protagonist instead of Twilight Sparkle. How does that sound, and how would Fluttershy herself feel in that alternate role?

7563210 She's the world champ, you know?

At the Quiet Game, maybe, but at being the star of the show from episode 1, she is no such thing. Remember what happened when she tried to tell Twilight Sparkle her name?
However, I appreciate your approval of her.

I think this is a great idea! One bit of story concept that I played with but never wrote included the idea that Twilight Velvet had written a YA novel series under a pseudonym that re-imagined many of the events of MLP-FIM from Fluttershy’s POV. The series was named after the first book, “Fluttershy of Everfree” and had become beloved by generations of colts and fillies and fondly remembered by many adults.

I think Fluttershy would make a classic heroine for a YA novel series. She has been involved in plenty of amazing adventures, even if you just relate the ones where she took a strong on-stage role at some point. She is also super modest, even though she:

• Has helped save individuals, kingdoms, and even the world multiple times.
  • Helps wield the most powerful magic known to pony-dom with her friends.
  • Has her own unique magical powers, like speaking to animals and The Stare.
  • Single handedly turned the most powerful enemy in history into an ally through her love and kindness.
  • Is friends with VIPs, from the rulers of the kingdom, to legendary heroes, to pop culture icons.
  • Communicates with, takes care of, and receives the love of animals of all kinds.
  • Has an amazing singing voice.
  • Is super-model beautiful.

And Fluttershy is not just a Mary Sue. She has real issues to overcome and areas of growth through the series, both physical and psychological.

• She starts as a poor flier, but when needed finds the confidence to fly with speed and grace.
  • Fluttershy has had to continuously overcome her shyness and fears to be able to step up and help in critical situations.
  • She is often tempted to get angry or even abusive; her Power Pony was effectively the incredible Hulk. So Fluttershy has learned to moderate her anger and use its energy productively.

I look forward to your story!

Yesss, l've been hoping for a story where fluttershy is the main protag of the series!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5