OctaScratch 1,615 members · 583 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

So I'm writing my first OctaScratch story. I won't go into all the details but it's a story of Octavia helping Vinyl through a particularly difficult time of her life, and they're already in an established relationship in it. Octavia is mostly portrayed as supportive/nurturing; Vinyl as a depressed, insomniac, lacking confidence, but outwardly trying to maintain her extroverted persona.

Anyway, one of the aspects that kind of started to emerge during the sex scenes (I wouldn't classify the story as a clop fic, though some of the individual chapters certainly are) without me really planning it was that of a dominant Octavia and a submissive Vinyl. Not in a BDSM sense — Octavia doesn't hurt or restrain Vinyl — but more about her taking the lead and telling Vinyl what to do, because otherwise Vinyl would just want to cuddle (and perhaps cry a little).

What do people think about this idea? Are there many other stories that portray Octavia as the dominant one in the relationship?

Well, I know at least one that's sort of that way. I can't link it as you know, but it's called clashing symphonies.

Yeah, I haven't seen dom-Octavia that often, but I do kinda like it when she's the dominant partner.

4238321 Oh, that looks good. I shall have to read it… in the name of research, of course.

4238384 You should read his other stories as well, they are really well-written.

Your fic definitely sounds like something I would read, depending on your literary skill. What is the name of the story? Have you published any chapters yet?

4238500 No chapters published yet, but I've written about half of it. I'm aiming for very early May.

It will be called "Parties, Preening, and PTSD".

4238550 Wow. I don't often enjoy clopscenes for anything other than a good laugh, but I might enjoy them in this.

Plus, I think an introverted Vinyl is an interesting concept.

4238550 Might be worth checking out. So you intend to release all the chapters in one go? That actually makes me kind of excited for it :pinkiehappy:

4238739 I plan on releasing one chapter a day for four days, starting on 2 May. (It will be around 15-20k words total.)

4238802 :trixieshiftright:Well. Now I'm really looking forward to it. High expectations yo:twilightsmile: I hope you won't disappoint:eeyup:

4238289 I would fucking read that hardcore, darling.

Wow, it seems I have inadvertently created hype. I hope I manage to meet your expectations.

Theres not enough dominant Tavi fics and its certainly an interesting sounding story. I say go for it!
:pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16