Protect Celestia 1,950 members · 1,765 stories
Comments ( 82 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 82

5935523 I love Starlight but I'm not the one downvoting you.

5934919 That was a different problem.

5934918 No they don't. Good siblings bicker every now and then. That's it. I'm okay with that. It's a full-blown fight that I don't want.

Celestia moved the heavens herself for a thousand years. And we've seen plenty of her mortal side, especially in Twilight's Kingdom.

The scene in episode 100 worked because it was short and quickly resolved. Any longer and it would have been grating.

I agree with you about Starlight though.

It's a full-blown fight that I don't want.

We don't know if that's true yet. People are jumping the gun and assuming the worst. Like another guy already pointed out, it might be that Starlight misunderstands the situation and thinks they're fighting, while they're actually showing affection to each other (ala the Wonderbolts). The synopsis is very vague and leaves many things unanswered. Most synopsis are like that, and some synopsis are outright misleading (All Bottled Up, Where The Apple Lies). And, off-topic, I feel the pain of the guys writing synopsis, since I find hard time coming up with summaries to my fanfics :facehoof:

5935658 I really hope you're right. I just can't believe they wouldn't appreciate each other after all that happened. Not appreciate how hard the others job is, sure.

By the way, do you know of any way I could get my depression to stop feeding off the notion of them fighting again?

Not appreciate how hard the others job is, sure.

I think that's what's actually happening.

As for your depression, just chillax, bro. It's just a cartoon. Don't take it too seriously.

Holy Crap. I haven't been watching a last season or started this season but sounds like the writers are really dropping the ball .

5935679 It's responses like that that make those of us with depression afraid to talk about it. We don't get to choose what affects our depression, and we can't just will it away. Depression wouldn't exist if that were the case.

5935911 The first 3 episodes this season were really good.

5936090 Just take a deep breath and remind yourself that non of this is real. What's the worst that can happen? The episode turns bad and it's events barely get mentioned again in the show. That's all.

5936155 You think I haven't been doing that? It doesn't help.

5936184 Oh sweetheart, I get where you're coming from, but taking it out on this random dude on the internet who is answering your question for advice really isn't cutting it, and you know quite well it's almost downright unfair. I have chronic depression myself, and trust me, I know it's hard to deal with something fictional and out of your control somehow feeding into and affecting your mood, like a bleed into your real life and people just don't get why it's bothering you. They're fictional little horses, so what if they fight? others may wonder and you're left without help or an outlet, and it's easy to get upset with them for it.

It isn't fun and it isn't easy. No, there is no "off" switch, unfortunately, but you can take little steps every day to move past it or live beyond it, because you certainly can't change it, I'm sorry to say; MLP is fairly well and beyond not something any of us can change (or this forum wouldn't exist, yeah?), only avoid if it is affecting your life negatively. Perhaps find a show/game/movie/etc. that makes you feel happier when you watch it, or engaging in a new activity you enjoy (preferably with people, if you can, because being around people can sometimes be more helpful than it seems). You can pull aside a friend or family member you trust, making sure they know upfront you need someone to vent to for a while, so they don't feel caught off guard and are ready and open to listening to what you have to say. Try to give them an out, don't try to trap them into agreeing, or you're feeding into the cycle again. If worst comes to worst, perhaps it's time to see if you can access an actual mental healthcare provider, like a school counselor or make an appointment with a therapist, if only just to talk about this specific problem and maybe see if they have their own professional advice for you.

5934851 5936155 5935911 5935531 5935109 5934555 5934072 5933566 5933425
So I'm gonna ask to ALL OF YOU:
Did you like the episode?, or are you still bickering about it?

5955923 My second favorite episode of the whole show! It was everything I ever wanted. I feel like I can die in peace now :rainbowlaugh:

5955923 Okay, I really really really fucking loved it. Top 3 favourite episodes, for sure.

I admit my skepticism was unwarranted.

I really, really, really liked it. Are there things I wish had been there? Sure.

But it was the first Sisters episode, the conflict felt genuine, Starlight's solution actually was justified because we had Twilight basically increasing her panic levels day by day and she resorts to it after like 3 days there, and everything in it was just fun, fun, fun.

And of course DAYBREAKER.

I wanna punch whoever wrote the description for A Royal Problem, they gave me intense anxiety for TWO weeks for nothing. Cuz' this episode was GOOD!
You guys have no idea how flippin' happy I am right now!
THEY DIDN'T FIGHT AT ALL! It was just a little spat that Twilight and Starlight blew out of proportion!
Some people will probably hate Starlight because of that, but I love her for it!
I have never been so happy to be proven wrong!

Still hate it. It was a Starlight Glimmer episode and the princesses happened to be the target 'problem'/victims. Once again the all-powerful Glimmer lets her magic do the talking and causes a stupid problem. Receiving no fitting punishment.

Is it too much to ask for a Princesses episode - just about them? Clearly they don't care about focusing just on the Mane 6 anymore with all these Glimmer episodes, so give us one that's just Celestia, or at least Celestia and Luna. We've only been begging for it for seven years. Going to be a decade at this rate...

Not to mention people are thinking that Daybreaker's bit about not needing anyone and wanting to have killed Luna actually comes from Celestia. Completely ignoring that they were in Sueglimmer's dream at the time, NOT Celestia's. In other words, Glimmer sees both Princesses as monsters waiting to happen, and that also gets swept under the rug. Everything that Daybreaker was was part of Starlight's subconscious thoughts concerning Celestia, not representative of Celestia herself.

Yet we've got more and more people going around using it as evidence against Celestia. Great! More damage!

5935679 You and I were correct about the synopsis being off. I really want to thank you for trying your best to reassure me at a time when I needed it.

5956159 People are really saying that about the dream? Uggh. Anyway, the episode DID focus a lot more on the sisters than Starlight. Heck, she didn't really do anything after switching their marks. Celestia even saved Glimglom from the nightmare by herself! I thought for sure Luna was gonna steal her thunder.

5956159 In a show like Friendship is Magic, don't even think about punishment because it will never happen, especially if the offender shows remorse.

This episode showed a lot of character development for Celestia, more than any of her previous appereances combined, and you're still disatisfied with that?

The episode implies (and the fandom believe) that Daybreaker is a manifestation of Celestia dark emotions and feelings, since she has no experience in dream walking, she may had unintentionaly created her.

Also, what make you think this will negatively affect Celestia? The Fans like the design and the idea that everyone has a dark side on them, why do you think Nightmare Moon, Midnight Sparkle and Nightmare Rarity are so popular?

I like Daybreaker, and this coming from a Protect Celestia fan.

5956030 I hate to do this, but...HA! Told ya! Optimism wins! :rainbowwild:
5956222 Anytime :twilightsmile: See? Nothing wrong with being optimistic and having faith.
5956235 Agreed. And yeah, Daybreaker is a total badass!

5956288 I'm pretty sure I already admitted I was wrong

5956397 Yeah, I know, I know, but I couldn't resist doing it. Sue me :duck:

5933523 If you were to beat them at their own logic then you could also say that Luna is unfit to rule as well.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Which wouldn't work because they wouldn't know logic if it bit them on the ass. Remember they're the ones who want a princess to rule a republic

Starlight Glimmer's minimal, utterly-replaceable role in the story was a big plus. :trollestia: We just got the wrong impression from the preview, that's all.

5959360 Starlight's role was indeed replacable, but part of me is actually happy she was the one who was given it, over say Twilight. I actually wanted it to be Twilight going into the episode, but Starlight's line about Twilight being 'biased towards Celestia' did a good job justifying why she probably wouldn't be the best in that role.

And yeah, the preview was pretty alarming. I don't know how they could've done it any better (it didn't say anything false, after all). I'm just gonna attribute it to my expectations being significantly lowered after the relatively "meh" season we've been getting so far.

One time I'm skeptical about something, it turns out to greatly impress me. The world is bizarre.

Eh, like I said earlier: Mapquest solved the usual "Why Starlight?" problem. I don't think Twilight's bias would be so great that she wouldn't get Luna's side, or try to reconcile.

5958698 So very true my friend!

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 82