Philosophy 150 members · 136 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

there are no wise men... depending on how you interpret wise and the word interpret, or actually, how you interpret the whole of this.
How does this make you think?

Nothing is sacred, there are no rules, do not talk about /b/. Do NOT talk about /b/
That is my creed. All other philosophies are meaningless.

History is written by the victor.

Are they?

Actually I'm just not very philosophical, why am I here? :derpytongue2:

Why are you?

I didnt ask who, i asked why?

Why, who, does it matter?

What is matter?

The universe isn't real, the cake is a lie. Everything you know is the result of complex calcium ion patterns firing off inside your skull.

>Jackass in the 1930's.

Correction.
Bad-ass jackass in the 1930's.

Thats called Solipsism, but thats just a word, as is this. What intrigues me is how we have created complex sounds with our vocal chords and given each of them a meaning and then created even MORE complex words that combine other words and given them a more complex meaning where we have to process the word and then what words that word includes.(e.g - Cephalonomancy: A kind of divination
formerly practiced to detect guilt in a
convict by boiling the skull of an ass and
checking for any cracking of the skull or
movement of the lower jaw) We couldwe used something far more efficient like grunts in higher/lower pitches or just shorter words and more generalization.

I'm not a Solipsist, I just ramble without explaining my aimless trails of thought.

language is pretty straightforward and natural to humans, with any undiscovered tribe developing it's own given enough time.

That is, lets take an experiment, shau we? Lets raise a tribe(20+ ) people in a totally secluded area on Earth without any knowledge of what how and why, then we can see if they develop language in any form if we dont interact with them after they can fend for themselves and kerp others from interacting.

Without a doubt I think that after a few generations, yes, they will have developed a primitive language, (the researchers would be able to tell through hidden cameras).

The need for communication facilitates the development of language. Especially among 6 people or more. For example, slang gets developed on a small scale among groups of friends, which gets spread around into the larger populace after a while.

What's your point?

Whats a point?

Comment posted by Zanec deleted Jul 11th, 2013
Comment posted by Zanec deleted Jul 11th, 2013

Wat. is. THAT???

EDIT: IMAEG LINKZ, W Y U NI WERK???

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20