Twilestia is Bestia 3,272 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Hey all, so with some interest in creating a flashfic prompt centered around Hearth's Warming from the group, I'm announcing that we're going to do a Hearth's Warming story themed around four Hearth's Warming moments from Twilight and Celestia. Below there are three prompts for a 700-1200 word short story (it can be longer or shorter, but try to aim for that range) based on the time periods set out in Charles Dickens' Christmas classic A Christmas Carol:

1. Hearth's Warming Past
2. Hearth's Warming Present
3. Hearth's Warming Yet To Come

Try to build on what other authors have already posted, and feel free to use whichever of the three prompts you like regardless of whether or not they have been used already. We might get three Hearth's Warmings Past or Two Hearth's Warmings Yet To Come and a Present. Also feel free to post more than one story if you want to.

Be sure to have your stories submitted by December 25th, so I can publish on Christmas Day or the Night Before Christmas, depending on submission times. Enjoy, everyone!

Be sure to have your stories submitted by December 25th, so I can publish on Christmas Day or the Night Before Christmas, depending on submission times. Enjoy, everyone!

Is the idea that each author can publish their story as a regular format fimfiction.net story or a blog post or a comment on this post, and then you can publish a blog post or forum post about the stories? Or how would this work?

It's not very clear. Do you mean each person posts a story that's a continuation of the previous person's, or do you mean each person posts a separate story, and all of them will be combined and posted as an anthology?

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

It's an anthology, which will be published at the end by me with credit to each author at the start of their segment(s). Ideally, though, they take place in the same continuity but on different Hearth's Warmings at different points in their lives. Sorry for the confusion!

I see. Well, since this can be considered a writing event, feel free to post it in the Hall of Contests group if you want. You may want to make it clearer though.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

So did anybody end up wanting to post something for this?

Is it too late now?

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Feel free to if you like. We can keep it open for late entries.

I am now wondering if I'll get into too much difficulty with the "A Christmas Carol" theme, but thanks!
I guess I'll see what happens
Maybe a flashfic like the flashfic 150

I have like most of a draft, but I start to wonder, if I'm the only person writing for it maybe I should just post my story as a stoty by me on my own account, idk?

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Probably, yeah. Think that this needed more time in order to get off the ground. Which I expected, but I wanted to give the opportunity to do something regardless.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12