Twilestia is Bestia 3,272 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 3225 )
  • Viewing 3,201 - 3,250 of 3,225

what'll come from it

It must be laser beams, obviously!

upd: And, I'm unsure about the grammar, but let me also share my view on the subject:

When Celestia reaches her peak,
Twilight's pushed away with a squeak:
Better fall on your ass
Than a mighty princess
Having incinerated your prick!

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

This has been posted to the story page!

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

Vagina Lasers

Celestia’s queef
All hot as Heck
Through curtains of beef
Leaves nary a speck

Blasted away
Stallions, Beasts
And Buildings (oi vey!)
It killed all the Yeast
Holds the Nighttime at bay

Her gas like plasma
‘Plumed from a Star

Celestia’s vaginal laser
It’s shoots very far

Equestria’s defense
Falls to the mare
In Times very tense
With the stripe in her hair

We all know the One
With wings an’ a plan
Twi’ll save us (uh huh!)
Once and again

There will be Maths
Lists and maybe Spike

(He’s immune to the heat)
(Don’t fear for the tyke)

Her ideas are Sound
To make Equestria safe
Celestia should sit down
On Twilight’s Face.

113 words. I still suck at limericks, but here we fuckin' go!
New Prompt: Nerd

Comment posted by Loud_Taffy deleted May 14th, 2019

I’ll take Cooking.

Prompt: Cooking

Luna grumbled as she walked down the hall. Having one's sleep interrupted by panicked guards is not the ideal way to start a Monday. She shook her head, trying to shake off the last bits of sleep. “Urgent, they said. Destroying the kitchen they said. Seven wards… who puts seven wards on a kitchen?!” As she rounded to corner a cacophony of sound grew louder. The doors to the kitchen glowed with strong shielding magics. Voices and shouts could be heard from within.

“Vengeance! Death before dishonor!”

“You’ll never take me alive!”

Luna’s eyebrows disappeared into her mane as her eyes widened in alarm. As quickly as she could she began tearing down the wards. After a good twenty minutes of listening to ear splitting crashes and a few explosions, Luna was on the verge of panic. Finally the last ward dissipated and the doors flew inward.

Chaos.

Chaos and destruction awaited the princess of the night. Scorch marks littered the walls. Everything was either dripping some form of foodstuffs or had been destroyed. On one end of the room a tall figure, covered in pancake batter, was flinging magically charged potatoes at her opponent. Looking to said target, Luna saw a smaller figure shredding the potatoes mid flight and sending the shredded bits onto a hot butter soaked pan.

Luna watched as Celestia a Twilight continued screaming obscenities at each other all while flinging food around the room.

“Join me Twilight, and we can rule together!”

“I’ll never succumb to your wiles!”

Celestia cackled as she hurled fresh pancakes across the room. “That’s not what you said last night.”

The smaller princess turned beet red as she caught the cakes on plates used as shields. She proceeded to throw a dozen eggs at the older mare. She flipped up onto the table as Celestia plucked the eggs out of the air, whipped them up and threw them back. Twilight caught them in the same pan as the hashbrowns. She looked down on Celestia from the table. “It’s over princess, I have the high ground.”

Celestia levitated a wave of napkins and cutlery. “You underestimate my power.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow. “Don’t try it.”

Luna, still standing in the doorway, snapped out of her slacked jawed state of shock.

“WHAT THE BUCK IS GOING ON HERE!”

Celestia and Twilight both froze. The former in mid air and the latter mid swing. They both looked at each other, then to lunar princess before answering simultaneously.

“Breakfast.”

Word count: 415
GDoc version

New prompt: Gunslinger

Claiming and submitting Statistics. It's been 5ever since I've written fluff, so sorry that it's trash. I just got a funny visual in my head and decided to run with it.

Celestia brought a hoof to the bridge of her snout, adjusting her reading glasses. It didn't really help the flowcharts and tables in front of her make any more sense, but it at least made it look like she was following.

In front of her, Twilight was gestating wildly at a whiteboard as though she were conducting Haytooven's Fifth. "...And the thirty-seven point five percent figure collected in the survey furthermore confirms the same results presented in Tables 5, 7, and 9!"

"I see."

"Then you understand my dilemma!"

"I... understand it's presence." Celestia nodded. "But I am still struggling to apply it to... um, your hypothesis?"

"Goodness, Princess. Do I really need to start from the top, again?" Twilight stomped a hoof. "It's right there on the board. You can see, based on the collected statistics, that marriages more commonly end in divorce. And, when that data is plotted on a line graph, we can see the percentage drastically curve upwards based on the individuals total number of marriages. A forty-seven percent chance for the first marriage, a..."

"...Sixty percent chance for the second." Celestia nodded, sighing. She'd been with Twilight through many a worried, overwrought panic attack, and she was nothing but patient to them. "A seventy-five percent chance for the third."

"Exactly! And that's just from the data collected! There's not a lot of data for long-lived alicorns, but the data we do have certainly paints a rather frightening picture!"

Celestia looked at her document, at the curved line graph that plotted her younger sister's gratuitously promiscuous love life in excruciatingly embarrassing detail. Celestia's own marriage history was nowhere to be found, which surprised Celestia none, having lived it's shockingly drama-free entirety. Twilight had gone silent, looking at the data and then at Celestia herself.

"I'm just... worried, is all." Twilight sighed. "I've never... I just want to know for sure that..."

"Twilight." Celestia gave her a patient smile. "It was one argument. We were bound to have our first big one."

At that, Twilight froze, biting her lip. "I... I know, but..."

"It is perfectly natural for couples in love to argue over their wedding plans." Celestia continued. She rose to her hooves, starting towards Twilight at the front of the empty classroom. "Statistically, it is a guarantee. It doesn't mean anything."

"I know..." Twilight said again. "But I just need to know for sure that--"

"Then we'll find out as we go." Celestia wrapped a wing around the smaller alicorn. "Love isn't something you can quantify with data."

At that, Celestia leaned forwards and caught Twilight with a tactically timed, surprise kiss directly onto the smaller alicorn's lips. She stumbled back a bit in surprise, her rump thudding onto the whiteboard and smudging up the figures and flowcharts.

"Now..." Celestia said when she broke off after several seconds, smiling a mischievous, knowing smile. "It seems perhaps your data omits a great deal of things, Twilight."

Twilight blushed, but smiled, too. "P-perhaps it did."

NEW PROMPT: Groovy

JKinsley
Group Admin

I don't know what you're talking about, that was frickin' great

Lol I forgot about this. Did I make it in?

Long time reader, first time contributor. I'll go ahead and take nerd.

Prompt: Nerd

Twilight gasped.

Then she gasped again.

Celestia tried to ignore her wife as she tore through the newest Daring Do release, but Twilight's excitement was proving to be too large to be contained. She tried to allow the rest of the world to fall away in order to focus on her own late night reading, but she soon found out that doing so is easier said than done, especially when your wife continues to make the most adorable noises and facial expressions as she read.

Upon hearing a high pitched squee, Celestia gave up any hope that she would be able to concentrate. She closed her book, making sure sure to mark the page she left off on, before setting it on her night stand. She then turned to Twilight with a small anticipatory smirk adorning her face. After waiting a few moments, she slowly moved her muzzle close to Twilight's ear. Twilight didn't react. Celestia's grin turned slightly predatory as she quietly took a breath in, waiting for the right moment to pounce.

Twilight's horn lit up, and the page she was reading began to glow in a violet hue. It was time to strike.

"Boo!"

Startled, Twilight gave a small cry as she jumped. At the peak of her trajectory, Celestia latched onto the tip of Twilight's ear with the precision that could only come from years of practice. Celestia gave the ear a few nibbles, and let it go with a tender kiss.

"Are you enjoying yourself dear?" Celestia said, reveling in the schadenfreude of another successful gaffe pulled on her wife.

Twilight grinned sheepishly. "Was I making too much noise again?" She asked, cringing slightly from embarrassment.

Celestia said nothing, but gave a patient smile and a small nod.

Twilight looked back to her book. "I'm sorry, but this newest book is easily the best in the series!"

"You say that about every book in the series," Celestia deadpanned between her wife's ranting.

"--Daring's new character arc speaks to me on a completely new level."

"I hear that about every book you've ever read."

"--The drama in this story is perhaps the best I've seen from A.K. Yearling, she's really stepped up her game here!"

"Apparently she does that every time."

"--Daring has never been so clever, nor her opponent so competent. This is easily the smartest installment in the series!"

"Excluding all the others, which are also the smartest one."

"--The stakes have never been so high, and at the same time so realistic!"

"The fate of the world always hangs in the balance with A.K.'s writing."

Twilight stopped her exuberant rant to glare at the pony next to her. "You could at least try to be excited with me. After all, it is more fun to focus on the positive sides of life than the negative sides. Maybe you could try not to be so cynical."

Celestia stuck her tongue out at Twilight, who took this as an opportunity to get some poetic revenge on Celestia's earlier attack on her ear.

Once the two pulled their lips from each other, Celestia wrapped her body around Twilight's, pulling her deeper into the sheets. "Twilight, you are such a nerd."

Twilight gave a small snort as she bookmarked her page. She snuggled deeper into Celestia's embrace and mumbled "I'm your nerd."

Celestia's horn began to glow, and the lamp beside their bed ceased it's glowing.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, my dear."

New prompt: Bugaboo

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

This has been posted to the story page!

Active Prompts (July 1,2019):
Bugaboo
Chariot
Conclusion
Daring
Dizzy
Fire
Globe
Groovy
Gunslinger
Intimacy
Organized
Tease

Even though I stopped watching mid-way through Season 5 (although I might catch up afterwards), I have kept up with the news. Halfway through Season 9 now, and as of current the total written prompts brings this to 490. 10 away from hitting 500, which is quite a feat and something I do hope we hit.

Is this still a thing?

Yes, is it? Because I am still interested.

Can anyone participate? And if so, will the snippets only be published here or will they make it into the anthology itself? Is there rules about whose stuff goes in and whose does not?

JKinsley
Group Admin

Yes, anyone is free to participate! It's always fun to get new (or returning!) authors on this. There aren't really any rules about what goes into the anthology: if it's posted here, it makes its way there. Having said that, FuzzyFurvert owns the story and has publish the new chapters. I've shot him a question about adding new stuff

Okay, then I’ll see if I have time to maybe dip into some of these prompts. Normally I do pic inspired one shots so this will be new for me.

My prompt was Chariot.

I shall not disparage destiny, because I have always had little else to believe in, but my heart is still filled with doubt. Even as I watch you leave me for the first time, I cannot be proud. I feel nothing like the page’s mother sending away her only colt with dreams he will become a knight. I do not think this because I know the cheapness of dreams, but because without you, Twilight Sparkle, I have little to look forward to. 

I have always had a desperate need of you, one I have never been able to bring myself to show. My need of you has been greater than the need for anypony else in my eternity, though I would never blatantly put that pressure on you. How could I say such a thing? That, I, the goddess have a greater need for you than you did for me when you were a filly? There are many fears that crawl up my throat so desperately as I watch your chariot depart, and I could not bear to voice any of them. Goodness me, I am burdened by the mere thought of all this emotion, and it weighs upon me more than crowns and chariots. 

Is it any wonder I have always envied the statues in my garden? 

Here I stand, in the city, I have built for another, and the nastiness of powerlessness is upon me. I don’t want to watch you go because I have never wanted you to leave me, but I always knew I would have to make you do this. Such is destiny. Such is fate. I have always said that destiny, and dear life itself, never let bad things happen to good creatures. Only those who are wicked will ever find even the smallest amount of wickedness come back to them. And is destiny not the harmony I want you to discover for yourself? 

The thing that pains me the most about your great destiny, Twilight Sparkle, is that I cannot orchestrate every step of it myself. You cannot comprehend how dearly I want to pluck every string in the symphony of your life, to give you reward beyond measure, and heroism without risk. Instead, I find myself idle and unable to lift hoof or horn to help you.

Even if I could, how could I help you against that which I could never face myself?

Who I could not face myself. The same who I have always had to stare down and say was a storybook legend instead of my own sister. The same sister who you have spoken of as an utter monster and breezie tale paragon of evil for as long as you have lived, as have all my other Faithful Students. You do not remember all your foalhood naivete and first stumbling steps to analyze the breezie tales that never made enough ‘sense’. 

But I do. 

And now that you are gone, I am left with only my horrible words.

The prompt I give is Secrecy.

Submitting an entry for prompt Fire. Apologies in advance.

Twilight Sparkle took a long sip of the harsh black coffee contained in a travel mug adorned in colourful little cartoony depictions of the Sun. Breathing out a sigh of relief as she felt the black magic of caffeine already starting to work its wonderous sorcery, she turned her attention to the unicorn mare trotting to meet her in the promenade of Canterlot Castle.

"Princess Twilight." She gave a curt bow.

"Raven, good morning," Twilight returned. "I came as fast as I could." She frowned. "Er, or. As fast as I could while still stopping at Marebucks on the way in."

"Of course, Princess Twilight," Raven replied. "It's... it's the Princess, you see. I did not want to be rude, but I fear something is... wrong, with her."

"Wrong?" Twilight rose an eyebrow, sipping her coffee again. "Is she okay?"

"Oh yes, nothing like that. But, well. You haven't read the tabloids, yet, I presume?"

Twilight shook her head. Hardly reading material that was her speed.

"Well, no matter." Raven shrugged. They were already at the enormous double doors leading into Celestia's throne room, regardless. "She's inside. Good luck, and goddess-speed, Twilight Sparkle. I fear you will need it for the endeavour to follow."

Twilight took a steely breath to prepare herself, and then pushed open the doors without hesitation.

"Twilight!" Celestia was alone in the throne room, and she greeted Twilight with her trademark warm smile and wing hug. But... something was different about her. Her mane, usually wavy and majestic, had been rearranged into a ponytail, and she had discarded her regalia in favour of a tartan scarf and a pair of lens-less glasses. "How is my darling bae doing?"

Twilight blinked. She had to twitch an ear to confirm she'd heard Celestia right, but replaying the moment in her brain and she knew she'd heard what she'd thought. "W-what?"

"I must say, that coffee smells divine AF, Twilight."

"What in Tartarus are you doing, Celestia?"

"Oh, me? I'm simply trying to jive more with the youth, Twilight! You see, Canterlot Daily put out a review of how, like, totally down to earth and stuff the Princesses are, and I was... admittedly somewhat tilted about where I ranked in the endeavour. So, I figured perhaps I should clap back with a more modern and relatable persona!"

"Sweet merciful Sunchips." Twilight breathed out, taking a long sip of her coffee to calm her misfiring nerves.

Celestia, however, continued on as though she hadn't heard what Twilight had said. "I mean, at first I was like, bruh, double-you-tee-eff! But then I realized that they were lowkey kinda based in their assessment of me. So... meet a new version of Princess Celestia who is absolutely fire!"

Twilight gawked. Of all the villains she'd encountered, all the friendship problems she had devoted herself to solving, never before had she come across something so horrific and unholy. "Princess, that is absolutely ridiculous."

Celestia blinked, her smile becoming forced. "It... it is?"

"It, like, so totally is." Twilight said, as bluntly as she could manage. "You do realize that those popularity polls are nonsense, right?"

"Well, perhaps, but ponies still read them. And I can't just be some royal untouchable relic to them."

"Well, uh, maybe not. But that doesn't mean you should change who you are, either. I mean, ponies like motherly, wise Celestia. If they wanted to take up their issues with a relatable valley girl instead... they'd, uh. Probably go visit Princess Cadance."

Celestia stifled a chuckle. "Okay, point taken."

Twilight spotted the aforementioned gossip mag stowed away beneath Princess Celestia's throne--the catalyst to such a horrific turn of her morning. She quickly levitated it over, holding it up for Celestia. "Now, as for you being 'fire'..."

Celestia tilted her head thoughtfully, before the thought clicked in her head. Lighting her own horn, she brought it to the gossip magazine.

And, in a flare of light, the unholy artifact was lit ablaze.

And peace returned to Canterlot once again.

I'm not gonna give a prompt because there's about a million left to clear out

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Twilight screwed the core into place with precise, exacting motions of her magic. Windigo essense flooded into the cooling chamber, the coils of harmonic sealing magic ensuring only its frigid residue would ever touch the sides of the chamber. Now to test. She bit her lip. It had been risky, both finding and assembling the rig, but nothing else could provide nearly enough cold nearly as quickly.

An equine mind required a lot of cooling. And Harmony Core was far more than equine. Twilight trotted over to where the crib she'd built with her own two hooves was standing proudly.

Suspended above the crib was a mobile, stars and planets dancing on their strings when she gave it an idle spin. Suspended directly above the mobile was the pony-shaped chassis that would one day house the mechanical mind she'd come to know as her son.

"Not long now," she stroked a hoof along his beautiful silver face. The golden coils of metal wool that served as a mane tickled at her hoof. She looked at the lips she had sculpted so carefully, pushing them along flexible pathways of rubber and steel, the face bending this way and that to react to even the most minute of emotions. She finally raised the face's lips up into a small, shy smile. "Not long at all."

Her only real regret was that Celestia wasn't here to see this. But she couldn't have shared this. Not after so many failures.

Her mind fished up the crushing memory of Celestia's efforts to be strong for both of them. The heartbreak she'd so graciously buried when they'd learned of their shared infertility. The way Twilight's failures to find a solution kept torturing them both with false hope. That sense of rising excitement with each new bit of progress in her research crashing down against cold reality, again and again and again.

And the way that, little by little, it had eaten away at the happiness of the person she loved most of all. It was killing her to watch Twilight do this to herself, Celestia had claimed. But Twilight could see in her face. Her failure to be better was what was really the problem. She cast her eyes across dozens of amulets, spell scrolls, rare potions and ancient artifacts. Not one had done anything to change the pair of immortals into something that could bear their own child.

Cadance's suggestion that they adopt rose up in her memory. Twilight forced it down with a hard glare. Easy for you to say, with your own kid all grown up and still as ageless as any of us. She bit back a look of guilt at the glare. She loved Flurry. She loved Cady. But she didn't understand.

Twilight and Celestia practically already had an adoptive child. They'd raised Spike together. They watched him grow up with pride together. But there was always a shadow over that pride, over that joy. The knowledge, inevitable and cruel, that one day they would bury Spike together. That anything short of a child of their own kind would be one they would have to bury together.

Twilight attached one of the cores to the indestructible body she was building for her son. She'd invented new laws of physics for the metal he would call home. Fusion experiments, down at the molecular level. Alloys that even the hottest dragon forge could never dream of smelting, superimposed upon their own position in space-time, over and over again. A child that could survive any tragedy. A child that could outlive even the alicorns.

She made sure that the nervous system that had come so dangerously close to overheating was reacting properly to the attachment of the new coolers. The data sputtering out of her computer told her that the strings of enchanted beads and crystals wrapped in a layers of nanocarbon polymers were reacting to the sensation. Not just reacting. Thinking. She could see her little baby's mind at work. Wondering. Touching. Testing.

She raised up a shield, for both of them. The intricately woven coils of microscopic amulets, charms and symbols that served as his brain were instantly wrapped in the strongest shields she could conjure. Two against dark magic. One against cold. Two against magic itself. One against force. A final one against a surge of light magic. All of them woven so they would filter magic as she wished. Enough that her Harmony could sense his own body, but not so much that he was in danger of a critical failure.

But nothing suggested anything like a critical failure. She'd been careful. Every part had taken weeks to sculpt, to test, to execute. Sleepless months of work were reaping their reward.

Every indicator, either from the readouts on her monitor or the thoughts his mind was jotting down beside them, suggested this was relaxing for him. Any kind of pain he might have felt from overstimulating was gone. It was an elegant system, really. If the system began to overload, it would divert extra power to switching on the coolants.

An emergency override could allow him to switch them on if his circuitry was damaged. A kill switch could shut them back off in a heartbeat, and a third redundant system letting him modulate the temperature release to his own content ensured he would never again overwork his brilliant mind.

She turned on her son's vocabulator. "How is it, Harmony?"

"It is everything you had promised it would be, mother." The machine fired forth his reply. She winced. Four thousand different voices programmed into the speaker in his throat, and he never once chose anything but the harsh, booming metal one.

"I could see that!" She smiled the smile of a contented mother. "I also saw somepony was indulging in dialing things up a little, mmm?"

"Forgive me, mother. I had never known 'cold' before. I wished to go further. The expression in my memory banks tells me I was 'carried away'."

Twilight giggled. "It's alright, Harmony, I promise. Just remember that I haven't streamlined the process of making this stuff yet, so tell me if you're going to be burning up a lot of coolant at once. I can't make a lot more on short notice."

"I would never ask you to spoil me, mother."

Twilight pursed her lips and rolled her eyes. "You don't have to ask." She snickered guiltily. "Seeing you happy spoils me as much as you. I'd give you darn near anything you asked."

"There is...something, I wish to have..."

"Anything. What is it, Harmony?"

"When can I see my second mother?"

Twilight bit her lip at that. A guilty part of her wondered what Celestia would really think. An artificial creature, built in a lab, in secret. Hers to raise however she wanted. Would that really make her happy? Was that really what her wife would want? She thought of the sinking feeling every failure had put in Celestia. How all of her friends had reacted with increasing dismay. How every new project was met with more skepticism.

But this time would be different. She could see, already, just how much more Harmony was than anything else she'd ever created. How he was his own person, not just a spell she had cast to see if she could. Celestia loved everyone. Even her enemies. If Twilight gave them a chance, believed in the both of them, she knew Celestia and her friends would come around to Harmony, too.

"I want to be sure you can do everything a pony can before I let you meet one. You should see your mum with your own two eyes. Feel her coat in your hooves. I don't...want her to think of you as anything else but a pony she and I can raise."

"Do you think I will be a good pony, mother?"

Twilight smiled brightly at that. That was a question she didn't have to ponder, even for a minute. "Harmony, I promise you." She spread her wings and surveyed her son. So very ready to put him together. So ready for him to come out and meet the world. "Someday, you'll show the world, you're going to be the one leading all of us to be better."

Had an idea bouncing around in my head for Gunslinger, so here ya go.

“...and then, of course, you have Oakey Anneigh... she once hit--”

“Oh goodness, Oakey!” Celestia couldn’t help it, a little chuckle escaped her as she interrupted Twilight’s lecture for the first time that evening. “You have her on there, too?”

Twilight’s notepad lowered, and she glanced back at Celestia. They were walking down a winding path of the Whitetail Woods, where to, Celestia hadn’t bothered specifying. A little picnic, while the two had the time to spare it. What could be better?

“Knew her, too?” Twilight scratched off a name from the notepad in her magic. “Damn it. You’re three for three on these.”

“Not yet I’m not. Ask the trivia point.”

Twilight snickered. “Fine. Reminisce after, trivia now.” Her eyes returned to the notepad. “Ahem! Oakey Anneigh, a sharpshooter from Dodge Junction, once shot THIS object from the back of a stage coach, making her the first pony to ever do so!”

“An apple! The show-off!” Celestia chimed back, and took a pre-emptive swig of her canteen in victory. “Goodness, she was incredible. She did a show in Canterlot way back when, and I just had to seek her out after."

“Alright, alright, that’s three for three. Show-off.” Twilight flicked her trail at Celestia, who laughed herself. “Never would’ve taken you to have an interest in gunslingers, of all ponies.”

“Oh, please. Because of the Princess thing?” Celestia looked almost offended. “I can respect the skill when it's due, Twilight.”

“Yeah, yeah, I know.” Twilight broke off into light chuckles, re-consulting her notepad and checking something else off within. “Well, looks like I’ve got my trivia down pat. Good.”

“Yes, you shall be well-armed if either Rainbow or Applejack assault you with unprompted gunslinger trivia, I’m sure.”

“Hey, it might happen!”

“It very well might!" Celestia nodded. Knowing Rainbow and Applejack herself, it was hardly impossible. They were the competitive type. “No longer nervous then?”

“Of going to the rodeo with them?” Twilight waved a hoof. “Nahhh. It’s just sharpshooting! Anypony can do it with enough practice!”

“Indeed. And if they ask you if you want to try?”

“Woah woah, hey. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.” Twilight returned, waving a hoof. “I’m just there to watch them! They invited me, after all!”

“Oh come now. You’re going to at least try it once. When are you going to get this chance again?”

“Ugh, I want to, but they’re just so, so... noisy!” Twilight squeaks a little at the mere thought, a little shiver snaking through her form. “And they kick? What’s up with that? What does that even mean?”

“A truly intriguing question, and one that only research can help us with!” Celestia poked her head into her saddlebag, and promptly returned with an ornate case...

“Hey, is that where you used to keep the elements of harmo--”

Twilight broke off as Celestia withdrew a loaded six-shot revolver proudly in her telekinesis, proudly adorning her cutiemark lovingly engraved on.

“We’re here!” Celestia announced.

Twilight stopped in her steps. Ahead of them, the path winded into a clearing, and she gawked as soon as she saw what awaited them.

Targets were proudly emblazoned on several trees at varying distances through the clearing. The arrangement wasn’t exact, but a quick run of mental math told Twilight they were around 25 meters, 50, and 100 respectively.

“...You can’t be serious.”

“You want to show off in front of your daredevil friends, don’t you?”

“No I don’t! I’m just interested in, in... like you said! The skill part of it!”

“Twilight. The mare said you were too much of a ‘scaredy pony’.” Celestia gave her a knowing smirk. “There’s nothing wrong with wanting to be a bit of a showoff.”

“Well, but, that’s just Rainbow being Rainbow!” Twilight stomped a hoof on the ground.

"...But you still want to show off to her a little bit, don't you? Wipe that smug look off her face?"

Twilight looked up at Celestia, a small pout on her face. "...Maybe a little bit."

“Then no more excuses. Take the gun.”

I'll throw out a new prompt by way of Mountain

Remaining Prompts:

Bugaboo
Conclusion
Daring
Dizzy
Globe
Groovy
Intimacy
Mountain
Organized