Transformers Crossovers 739 members · 328 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

According to producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura, the sequel to Transformers: Rise of the Beasts will possibly be released around the summer of 2026.

Source

I still remain puzzled about this crossover idea. Personally, I was never a fan of G.I. Joe neither have I ever watched any installment of the franchise. Despite my love for crossovers, even I feel like it’s a little questionable to merge a successful franchise with a near-dead one—I mean how many people actually care about G.I. Joe?

What do you guys think? Is this something you’re interested in?

I am. The series are sibling cartoons.

I see this as the much needed comeback to one of Hasbro’s biggest franchises. Plus, it’ll be something that fans of both have wanted to see since the comics.

7939677 Well, the two franchises did have their own cartoons by the same studio in the mid 1980's, along with their own movies. In fact, G. I. Joe's movie was supposed to come out first and planned to kill off the main hero, thus inspiring the Transformers movie to do the same thing to Optimus Prime. Then the G. I. Joe movie got delayed, and after the backlash against killing off Optimus, the G. I. Joe movie reworked its plans. So the idea of them crossing over doesn't sound too absurd.

Just to be clear, I am fully aware they’ve crossed paths before. I get that. My main concern is how they’re gonna execute it because having this crossover in live-action is a big deal, and people can be really picky when it comes to live-action stuff. How are they gonna interest or attract people who possibly (keyword possibly) may not be a fan of either franchises (especially G.I. Joe)?

If they want to go through with it, they’re gonna need some REALLY good writers to make it work.

No, I agree with you there. The shows being related is one thing, making a crossover... Official or not... Work is another.

I thought that there wasn't gonna be a sequel because it didn't do well enough, so they're rebooting again with Transformers One.

With due respect, but Bonaventura fucked up everything the moment he included G. I. Joe in the latest Transformers film.

If the idea was a shared cinematic universe, then Paramount and him messed up badly. I'm not going to elaborate furthermore, I'm not giving hopes on that movie or whatever those jerks come up with.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8