Transformers Crossovers 739 members · 328 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

This guy is my favorite Terrorcon out of the trio of villains from Transformers: Rise of the Beasts. I like his amazing design, personality, and voice which was wonderfully given by David Sobolov.

Unfortunately, he doesn’t do much in the movie due to the fact that he’s the least used out of everyone. It really bothers me that he has only four lines in a 2-hour movie—FOUR LINES!! How is it that Nightbird has more lines than he does?! Didn’t Sobolov claim that his role as Battletrap was the most hardcore voiceover he’s ever done or something?

We don’t see anything like that in the film which gives the impression that Hollywood cares more about celebrities than experienced voice artists. It sucks because ‘Trap has a menacing voice.

Furthermore, there was one line said by Nightbird that should have been Battletrap’s:

Good. Maybe we can get a real fight.

I say this because his last and most famous line during the third act is this:

Someone give me a real fight!

Both lines are directly faithful to his official bio which explicitly states the following: Battletrap relishes the viscera and fury of battle, eagerly carrying out the orders handed down to him by Scourge, and dishing out punishments with glee.

I wanted to see more of that in this beautiful Terrorcon, but the writers played favorites and did him dirty. They wasted David Sobolov’s voice talents by underutilizing his character. I am 100% convinced he had WAY more lines than what was given in the movie but were sadly cut. If that’s the case, then that’s really disappointing.

I still love Battletrap though. All I’m saying is that he should’ve been given more so that I can like him even more. Tomorrow, I’ll post my rant about Nightbird…because—oh, dear Primus, it’s not gonna be pretty.

Oh, and he’s the only Transformer who was surprisingly never addressed by name in the whole movie. Like, seriously?! Scourge bothered to call Nightbird by name but not Battletrap? Are you kidding me, Paramount?!

Feel better, buddy?

These days, people cannot tackle large character pools the way the Gacha games do.

Imagine if there was only the celebrities and no David Sobolov and John DiMaggio in the movie.

Btw, will there be more like this for ROTB?

Imagine if there was only the celebrities and no David Sobolov and John DiMaggio in the movie.

I would have liked it just slightly less tbh...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5