Twidance 652 members · 95 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

There is bviously a lack in Twidance stories, especially very well written ones.
So I propose the admins of this group start a contest, like the ones that the "Twilestia is Bestia" group does.
That way we can see a rise of new Twidance stories.

Kinda but with the contest, there will only be one prompt, and each story written will have to follow it. There would be a new prompt for every new contest. Like they do over at the "TwiLestia is Bestia" group

i would like that just to read the story, i have idea for few twidance stores but i suck at writeing,

I wonder why it is that there are so few willing to write this pairing.

5764626 i have no clue, mabye it idea for storys,
i have one idea for this pair, twilihgt being changeling queen last of her hive, and been date or with cadnace when something happen and candance find out about twilight real form....

5766115 I would love to read that!

5767666 me too I have idea but cant seem to put the idea into word unless it the base idea or the over all idea but that it.... but it would be a great story

Maybe commission your ideas. Or post them in this group? Who knows? Maybe someone will write them

Having written for both ships, and effectively running the Twilestia contests, I'll say this: hosting a contest isn't a guarantee that people will write for it. The Twilestia group has seen some great turnout, yes, but there have been a couple of duds, too. My best advice is to find a good system for coming up with a good prompt, getting a thread together, promoting it, and getting authors invested.

Judging by past turnout and general sentiment, a good prompt and a good contest (i.e. rules and judging) is what's going to drive good results. You can draw from the most prolific field of ship writers and get f***-all to show for it if those fall flat. Given Twidance's relative niche appeal and lower levels of publicity and big names behind it, promotion's probably going to a major contributing factor.

But my answer to all "Wah wah wah, why aren't there more fics for my ship?!?" threads (sorry) is this: do something about it. Write, get someone else to write, get someone to make a cute piece of art that makes authors perk up and say, "I gotta write for that!" Posting threads whining (again, sorry) about the situation isn't going to get you anything more than ideas to get started in that direction, anyway.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11