Politics in Equestria 350 members · 270 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

What if the diamond dogs we know from the show are the outcastes of their society? I often wondered what if their home country is in such dire straits (i.e. from war, dragons, famine, sickness) that they were forced to exile the mentally and physically deformed members of their homeland. where they soon ended up in equestria. I thought of doing a sort of rise of the diamond dogs story, where after centuries of bloodshed and famine they are lead into an age of industry (maybe a human I'm not sure) that begins to threaten many equestrians way of life as their machines make many special talents obsolete and the influx of new mass produced goods (food, tools, metal, ect) threatens equestrias economic dominance/standing over other the surrounding countries. i also wanted to bring to light equestrias racism towards other species and the ponies fear of change/unknown. I thought a great way to bring these to light would be to use the (arguably) most powerful invention of the industrial age..... the mechanical printing press. Imagine if twilight was forced to question everything she thought she new only to find that many of the things she took for granted turned out to be untrue, or rarity slowly finding her self unable to keep up with her bill as she finds the lands she hunted for gems under armed guard, or applejack and pinky pie who find the value of their goods dropping rapidly as diamond dog goods flood the market.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1