Selfcest is the Best Cest 661 members · 158 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

A fine hello to all my fellow writers and readers of this group.

Just a quick reminder for all: The love thyself contest has 3 weeks remaining to write and submitt your entries. All entries must have been submitted to the site by at least 15th of March.

There are two prizes being offered for entrants - art commissions by Kits (Kitsuneymg on DA) and another commission by Esle Ynopemos, creator of this competition.

For those who haven't heard of this competition, check out the original thread for rules on content and submissions here.

735111 Thank you for putting this up. I was just thinking about throwing a reminder up myself.

.......About that, I have no chance of wining, so I won't even try.

How many entries have been received as of yet, if don't mind my asking? As I recently checked (at least last couple weeks of messages, since I'm behind on messages/stuff for this site, ugh :facehoof:) for new stories added to the group, and didn't see one listed as being for the contest (if need to be). Since seems like not gonna get a lot of entries, even if there's still a few weeks for the cutoff date (and need to start thinking about/practicing for my own, once I take care of some other things to make writing a bit easier for me, clutter on Internet mostly :twilightblush:). And I realized last week had a month left, as figured the date was around mid-March for the end. :derpytongue2:

And is the due date meaning in sync with the site's time registry for server/host (which is pretty much my time zone, EST)? And does it mean anytime up to the date itself or before the date (like if on March 14th by 11:59)? I imagine the first one, but wanna be thorough/certain, I guess. :twilightsheepish:

Oh, might have a better chance than you think! Since I've checked in backtracked messages for stories added to this group, and don't seem to be any new added ones that are for the contest (though still a few weeks to get some entries in). Not to mention, if discount the 3 judges (and not sure how many are dead accounts or inactive people, etc), there's only 100 or so other people have to contend with, at most. I'm not involved in judging or anything, but I DO plan on entering. :twilightblush: Now I just have to get my damned ass in gear and finish something else I already started, kinda... then try to write a few more things and once I figure out a plot (if go with one of two possible ideas, likely the first one), write my entry for the contest up! :moustache:

737794 As of right now, I have been contacted with just one entry. I'm hoping that picks up soon, but yeah, only one so far. You folks need to get busy writing!

As for the due date, well, I'm not going to be glaring at entries over the top of a stopwatch or anything. Anything that I have in my inbox by the time I open it on the 15th will be in, and probably anything that makes it there by the 16th as well, but it's not a good idea to lean too heavily on that. So, uh, in precise terms, I guess that officially the deadline is 11:59 PM EST March 14, but in practice it's more likely to be 10 AM Mountain Time March 16.

And I'm probably just confusing the issue by saying that. Shoot for the 'official' due date and you'll be fine.

735806 That's no attitude to take! One does not enter a selfcest contest for the winnings and nothing else. One enters a selfcest contest because selfcest is the best cest!

Also, what Pika said was right, so far your odds are better than you think.

738214 I know, I like slefcest as much as everyone in this group, but I don't remember saying that I'll enter the contest.

Besides, I take a LOT of time to write even a single chapter :twilightblush:

There's still time! Ah! Why am I so slooow!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7