Transformations 5,810 members · 5,262 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

I'm writing a fanfic that's very NSFW. However, as I kept going, I started to add more complex worldbuilding and characterization. Without going to deep into what would be spoilers, the main element in my story is the Mane Six becoming so powerful, they've almost shed their mortality altogether (like Dio Brando in JoJo).

This shedding of their mortality includes their own identity and species, changing themselves to better reflect their new status as gods and monsters (I play a bit with gender too). So far, I have only introduced two; Twilight Sparkle remaining an alicorn to keep ruling the mortal ponies (although she does call herself a devil), and Applejack becoming a minotaur to more visually express how much stronger they have become (yes, my AJ is non binary too). I'm currently writing Rainbow Dash, but I'm having a bit of troubles.

So, I wanted to discuss the whole concept around. First to get a second opinion, but also because I think it sounds interesting enough.

With that in mind, if given unlimited power and they lost their attachment to their own identities (gender, species, body), what 'gods and monsters' would you think the Mane Six would become?

well, Pinkie would obviously be an eldritch abomination of unspeakable horror that just wants to snuggle with other creatures brains, Dashie is all about speed so making her a messenger god works well, Fluttershy would fit in as some kind of nature spirit or earth mother. as for Rarity, another god, either of beauty or vanity...

Dash strikes me as an air elemental, racing along the jet stream at maximum speed.

Rarity's connection with gems could turn her into a crystalline being/gem elemental, focusing on her beauty and vanity.

Fluttershy is an obvious druid/spirit of Gaia. Perhaps with the ability to shapeshift into various animals, or forcefully transform into various lycan creatures of myth(influenced by Flutterbat and the Comic Book episodes)

Or party. The need to constantly party. Never ending parties! Even as you die, the spirit continues on with the dancing, and the drinks! (Eldritch fey being)
And if there's some NSFW added in, why not turn the party up to 11 with tentacles? Eldritch beings love tentacles, and putting them in all the fun places.

7912533 7912539
Yeah, that's more or less my base there. They're so far gone past their old selves, they just gave into their more basic desires and vices.

Rainbow Dash makes sense as forever speeding. Probably becoming close to pure energy as time and space loose sense with her pushing past any limits in her pursue for improvement. By gods, Hermes is the obvious pick in that regard. But as a monster, though? I keep blanking on that one. Air elemental sounds good, but I'd like something with more 'panache'. Does a harpy add up?

With Pinkie, I see her more of a jester archetype, wanting/needing to still be seen appealing in a way to keep the party going. Though, some Dionysus beats of madness born out of hedonism make sense too. Not as invasive as forcing herself on others, but definitely intoxicating/addictive. Circling back to Dionysus (and the fae bit), I'm thinking faun/goat, or an outright chimera. Not the Greek one, but the concept of a mismatched being, like Discord.

Rarity is more straightforward; elegancy, pride, luxury. Maybe in some sort of temple adorned with every precious gem and metal possible. As hedonist as Pinkie, but far more focused. I'm thinking dragon from the connection to the gems, or maybe snake. Something that can be portrayed as slim and shinny as the luxury she would surround herself with. Maybe even a reverse Medusa, where her face is so 'perfect', it acts as a brown note for mortals who gaze into it.

And yeah, I guess we all agree Fluttershy becomes one with nature. Literally the nature-incarnated archetype, like Gaia or Pan. A bit animalistic and primal, but still calm and constant. Like the river and the mountain. I would have said 'bear' as in the Ursa Major, but I can see the appeal of a more savage interpretation. Much like Pinkie as a chimera, Fluttershy may as well turn into a more harmonious mix of bat and wolf.

Either way, thank you both for the perspective. Really helped me out with an impasse I was having with my story.

Gods AND monsters, or gods OR monsters?
Maybe depending of how someone might interpret it, those two might be synonymo- getting off topic.

To answer, Sparkle would prolly be a deity who’d reign over the world’s magic, the academic study of it and its practical applications, while also being a patron for the artificers and wizards alike, being a source of inspiration to those who wish to pursue innovations and breakthroughs in the field of magic.

As for a specific monster or creature, uuh… a lich?

I’ll edit this comment if I come up with something good for the other 5.

Applejack can be some kind of god of the harvest of crops. Basically Holo from the anime Spice and Wolf.

Truthfully if ya going for strength for AJ i feel dragon be better.
Rainbow definitely say thunderbird, essentially a sky element phoenix.
Fluttershy definitely a dryad like spirit.

There's some fun in the etymology going on. Like, at the base, god or monster both imply not being human (equine?) anymore, or at the very least not being seen as such. My story's take is them having so much power and age behind them, that the distinction between god and monster just doesn't make any difference.

I can get behind Twilight as an undead goddess not from a connection to the concept of death, but as transcending her own in the pursue of knowledge. Like, her looking like a dried up skeleton hunch over a book of forgotten and forbidden lore left buried in the deepest and darkest corner of an ancient library.

Well, if the kink doesn't bother you (and again, if you're or proper age), you can check Applejack's chapter in my story. It's not specifically harvest and crops, but they are involved. Plus, I got hit with inspiration, so the first half of the chapter is less kink and more world-building around the concept.

I get the impression of dragons representing more power overall than strength specifically. With Applejack in particular, I wanted to retain some resonance from their old self, so moving from equine to bovine was a closer step than going for draconic. Plus, there is the myth of the Sky Bull from Mesopotamia (and probably older) that also does connect with a more ample sense of power. Thus I went for minotaur.

On rainbow, we agree. I keep trying to find something else that represents speed, and 'bird' gets more and more attached. The phoenix angle is interesting, though. Usually it's lightning the one getting paired with speed, but going for fire is a good take, since heat is movement on a molecular level. I'll keep that in mind.

IDK if making Fluttershy plant-based. I do like the reference to the older fandom of Flutterthree, and there are similar characters like Swamp Thing to draw some bases from.

Again, thank you all for the insights.

Thunderbird as in sky(wind and lightning) phoenix .....deep breath

Why do people always go for fire even when it explicitly states otherwise(both dragon and phoenix)!

Thou i say fire does suit dash with her personality

Usually it's lightning the one getting paired with speed, but going for fire is a good take, since heat is movement on a molecular level. I'll keep that in mind.

Maybe because lightning is at some angle plasma which is super heated fire?

Oh, I'm so sorry. I entirely misread that bit. Yeah, Thunderbird definitely applies. Maybe a harpy-like look.

On the lightning, I'm thinking less about the physical connection and more semiotics. Then again, by semiotic the element more associated with speed is wind in most mythologies. While by going with physics, lightspeed is literally the end-all speed. I guess we can get a general theme of energy (heat, electricity, currents, light).

Np it happens (thou sorry it just a sour spot form me most the time)
Harpy-like look?:rainbowhuh: I not sure how that be done? Combine her wings and front hooves and give her bird talons for Hine legs? I feel that be a pseudo wyvern....

Technically while light is the speed limit (thou based on how many go over it with no detrimental effect, is another story ) it always in a straight line and without outside help ya pretty much stuck like that, lightning is the fastest free speed to my knowledge. Technically energy is everything even matter if ya squint hard enough is nothing but solidified energy.

Well, this is a good moment to say I'm working on anthropomorphic characters (the NSFW part is involved). So, Rainbow's base shape would be mostly humane looking. Thus making it bird-like would look like a harpy, or Hawkman (yes, I'm a comic geek) if keeping the wings as separate limbs.

I get the point of energy/light/matter, but that's as far as my studies go on the matter (pun not intended) before I start leaning more into sci-fi/fantasy tropes to compensate the lack of technical knowledge. Though, if we go from cosmic to cosmo-physical, I could see Celestia and Luna as matter vs dark matter, with energy being the common link, thus Twilight.

Huh, looks like a far nicer and better written version of my diatribe masked as a story. I'll give it a read whenever I have spare time.

Also, wow, My Little Mages. Now that's a story I haven't thought about in almost (or is it over?) a decade. Plus, yeah. I think that design of Gilda, plus the more 'animalistic' look on Dash in the first image are really selling me on the concept.

Thanks.

LOL.

P.D. Nice characters.

P.D.

?

Nice characters.

Which one is your fave ?

any Question about any of them ?

Post Data. Same use as P.S.

And I think I liked LouwdNowse, mostly for the color pallette.

oh OK

she does have stall

p.s. do you want to see my other O.C.s
they are ponies

Make Flutters a Dryad.

I always figured Fluttershy would become part Draconequus to live with Discord forever.

Here's some nice art that speculated on 'immortal futures' of the Main six and Spike.

https://www.deviantart.com/grimmyweirdy/art/Friendship-forever-834013751

Quote from the link:

Fluttershy – through marriage with Discord, became the Goddes of chaos, nature and animals. co-ruler of the void realms.

Pinkie Pie – Bonded with the Smooze. And became the river of joy. the Goddes of positive energy (and sugar)

Applejack – Became one with the land. After catching the truth about the secrets of the great seedling, and uncovering the reality about the Pear-and-apple tree, She eventually became so entuned with the earth magic that she went the way of her parents and became one with the land ancient land that her family had nurtured for so long. Goddes of hard work and Prosperity, Growth and Health.

Rainbow dash – Became one with the rainbows. (and probably also the speed force) Goddes of color, light and speed (and awesomness.)

Rarity. – Bonded with the nightmare forces. Goddes of beauty, passion and secret desires. And also of creation and dreams. As she, after lunas retierment, took up the mantle as Mistress of the night, and guardian of dreams.

Spike. Dragon god of strength and unrivaled might.

A dragons strength comes from their tressure. And there was none he tresured more then his whife Rarity. So when his treasure became divine. So did he.

They made their realm on the light side of the moon, where they watch over the dream weavers. (Whilst Stygian and shadow Rules the Dark side and the nightmare forces.)

Hey, that's a pretty neat way to go about it. Specially Nightmare Rarity.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22