DC Fanfics 376 members · 289 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

As I promised, I gave the new Lobo one-shot four pages to convice me if this can be the new Ultimate Bastich or just another Twilight (the vampire not the pony) rip-off.

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT AND/OR DON'T WANT TO KNOW IMPORTANT DETAILS OF THE STORY STOP RIGHT NOW.

And here we... GO!

Cover: not bad at all, it actually gives the hope of seeing Lobo in action. In fact a very good cover, take a look at it and remember the good old times:

(I can almost hear the shooting.)

Page 1: A not that bad draw about a peacefull garden somewhere... IN SPACE! A narrator tell us the we think we know him.
Page 2: The lost twin of Edward Cullen is drinking a very bright liquid from a cup sitting in a very fancy pose as the inner monologe tell us: Screw you. (That's the secret message from DC to its readers)
Page 3: We're introduced to what looks like a tenor as the pseudo-Lobo jumps to his side and tells him about a bounty on his head.
Splash Page 4 and 5: The litle brother of Lobo slash the guy in three in a pose that I admit is very close to some fan arts of Lobo as the inner monlogo says: You don't know me. You don't know anything.

The rest of the comic: WHAT THE FRAGGIN' HELL IS THAT?

I'm sorry, I just can't keep with this. I admit it, it's a good comic that has an interesing premise and, being fair, if it had been about a new character NOT related to Lobo it would have been a good comic
BUT!
This is LOBO we're talking about, they just screwed the character beyond stupid.
Where is the violence? Where is the blood? Where is the black comedy?

So? Is Lobo dead or alive?
Even being a bad reproduction of the character, I still can see some of the good old Lobo inside it, they just have to take notes of what made great the original one and star to aplying them. If they do that, then I see some serious potential in here

But for now the classic Lobo is dead, so we will just have to face it and hope for this new to not screw it that bad.

Farewell drunk bastard.

BUT WAIT!
They killed the entire Blue Lantern Corps too!
THERE IS NO HOPE!
ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
THIS COMIC JUSTIFIES MY HATE!

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, MAN!!

1747964 NO!! HE NEEDS THIS!!!

1747923 Don't listen to that scarecrow guy! You need to hit rock bottom before you can build yourself back up better than ever!!! Before you can realize that as a whole, excluding a select few titles, DC currently sucks donkey mucus!!!

1748021 No! We must stand firm in the face of this advirsity! If are angry, then we are disorganized!

NO FEAR!!!

1747964>>1748021>>1748106
Right or left? Heads or tails? Red or green? North, south, east or west?
:pinkiecrazy: or :rainbowdetermined2:?
For now I too angry to think straight.
Wait for it.
Okay, now I'm reasonably calm (I think).
By the way Knight, that punch wasn't necessary, but Alex Ross art always inspires me.
As far as I see, this wasn't the worst of the week (that shame goes to the Solomon Grundy one) and also there are some very enjoyable comics here. For me they are Black Manta, Riddler, Mongul, Killer Frost and Reverse Flash with Zod and Harley Quinn being two guilty pleasures.
So, seven of thirteen? I call it a not that bad week.
I still have some hope for the next week (I'll put my money on Luthor, Deathstroke and The Rogues)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5