Friendship is Magic: the Gathering 250 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

You don't have to put them in any particular order if you don't want to. My top 5 favorite worlds in MTG are: Amonkhet, Tarkir, Mirrodin (AKA New Phyrexia), Kaladesh, and Ixalan.

1. Ravnica
2. Ravnica
3. Ravnica
4. Ravnica
5. Ravnica

Any worlds OTHER than Ravnica in your top 5 favorites?

1. Zendikar
2. Tarkir
3. Instred

That’s all for now

No. :)

Also I'm disappointed by the lack of Ravnica in other people's lists so far.

That said, I don't have a very broad experience when it comes to Magic. I've also played Theros, Tarkir, and Mirrodin, but none of those hold a candle to Ravnica. Because the Azorius won't let them.

I like Ravnica as well, but still, there's other cool worlds in MTG besides Ravnica. Also, Azorius are the type who would seriously outlaw fun. Cult Of Rakdos is best guild, clearly.

What about the eldrazi?

1. Ravnica
2. Ravnica
3. Ravnica
4. Ravnica
5. Ravnica

I see you're a bunny of refined taste.

I agree with your list and I've been playing since Revised.

I’ve been playing since the guilds of Ravnica

I'm just going to be the one to say that Mirrodin does NOT equal New Phyrexia. The former was made into the latter, yes, but they are two very different locations. Not many people want to visit New Phyrexia after all, and for very good reason. I LOVE the Phyrexians as antagonists but I would very much not want to be their house quest while I very much would have liked to have visited Mirrodin while it was around.

Having said that my top five planes that I liked:
1. Innistrad
2. Esper - Kinda cheating as it was only a planer shard and all but still...
3. Shadowmoor - Lorwyn was OK but I much prefer the "dark half" of that coin.
4. Mirrodin
5. Phyrexia - The original one. The New one is nice and all but it's hard to top the original.

And to cheat with an "honorable mention" I'd give that one to Zendikar.

How about:

1. Rabiah
  2. Rabiah
  3. Rabiah
  4. Rabiah
  5. Rabiah

That, at least, is five different planes. :rainbowwild:

(very slightly) More seriously, how about:

1. Kaldheim
  2. Muraganda
  3. Iquatana
  4. Segovia
  5. Ir

Am I the only one with zendikar?

Okay, I've officially decided that Theros has replaced Kaladesh in my top 5 favorite planes. I'll list my top 5 favorite planes from most favorite to least favorite now.

1. Theros
2. Amonkhet
3. New Phyrexia
4. Tarkir
5. Ixalan

Also, I'm truly disappointed that nobody decided to bring up Theros until me just now.

I quite like Theros, although some of that might be nostalgia (it was my second block, after Ravnica). But I do enjoy the twinkly godly magickyness of it all.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15