Spike Fanfictions 2,960 members · 5,599 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

In an alternate reality, Spike was reading a magical comic of the Power Ponies. And gets pulled into the superhero comic.

But instead of unintentionally bringing the Mane Six along for the ride, he goes in by himself. And instead of becoming Hum Drum, he befriends the young sidekick and the six super heroines.

Meanwhile, in the real world, Twilight and the girls will take notice that Spike has gone missing and frantically search for him. Driven by their regrets and their anxiety for the young dragon’s well-being.

Nice. Spike would get to know Humdrum more and how he really feels about the Power Ponies, and the girls realizing Spike's gone for awhile and might think he just went home, but know he wouldn't just go back since he just got there.

And I realize for all the flake about Spike giving Humdrum for being a useless sidekick, he should be madder at the one who made the Power Ponies comics. Like instead of hating on Humdrum he'd actually sympathize with him and wonder why the creator had to give the team a comic relief that more or less messes up missions and such

Spike would get to know Humdrum more and how he really feels about the Power Ponies…

Right. Everybody loves a hero. But they really love a hero whom they can relate to.

Plus, Spike and Hum Drum will see each other’s reflection in each other’s eyes.

…the girls realizing Spike's gone for awhile and might think he just went home, but know he wouldn't just go back since he just got there.

And when the girls think about the last time they talked to Spike, they all came to assume that Spike felt useless because of the way they brushed off his assistance, which they have come to regret.

Twilight, most of all, who feels the most responsible.

And I realize for all the flake about Spike giving Humdrum for being a useless sidekick, he should be madder at the one who made the Power Ponies comics. Like instead of hating on Humdrum he'd actually sympathize with him and wonder why the creator had to give the team a comic relief that more or less messes up missions and such

And I can imagine after his adventure in the book, Spike would convince Twilight to arrange a meeting with the writer to make some suggestions to improve Hum Drum’s portrayal in the story.

Akin to that Spider-Man comic issue where after Spidey helped Captain America take down some agents of A.I.M lead by M.O.D.O.K, Steve Roger makes an appointment with J.Jonah Jameson the next day to correct a “slander.”

Spike: “I think you need to make some changes to Hum Drum’s character. He’s not a comic relief. I actually sympathize with the guy and understood him, like a friend. So…why don’t you grab a pen?”

Yeah. You would've hoped there'd be an episode of the show where Spike meets the creator of the comic series and find out why he created Humdrum in the first place. To make the other Power Ponies look good?

Definitely sounds like a really good one.

The whole Power Ponies magical comics having an enchantment that could automatically send you into the books regardless was a terrible idea in the show; not on premise alone, but in the explanation of it being something that's seen as "normal" from the Comic Producers.

Thing is, there WAS another means to explain why the Comic Book sucked them inside just a few scenes before it happened:

Twilight could have realized that the Magnifying Glass that Spike found in the Castles' Study was probably enchanted by one of the Royal Sisters 1000 years ago and that Luna or Celestia used it back then for their own books. Twilight would then take "The Looking Glass" for safekeeping; intending to send it to The Royal Sisters... but instead takes a few pages out of her Sons' playbook and would goof off with living out the contents of the Books she enjoys; enough that Twilight would have developed that Bookwalking Spell used in Amending Fences to talk with Moondancer from reverse-engineering "The Looking Glass".

I actually love that idea, :pinkiehappy:I feel there's not a lot of good stories that make the power ponies as separate characters along with their enemies, besides turning the Mane 6 into them whenever they travel into a comic book or if there's a story centered around them as said heroes.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't done an episode related to that, or Spike going to a Power Ponies Convention. I mean Rainbow went to a Daring do Convention, would've made sense if Spike had his own little venture in another one of those magic comics and having the reason why they're made like that, maybe they're special editions that they sell.

The only time Spike attended a Power Ponies con was Power Ponies Palooza in Dragon Dropped, and it was all just something orchestrated by Rarity to get Spike to spend time with her. It would've been nice if that convention was a focus episode

Oh yeah, that would've been interesting to see.:twilightsmile:

In that case...

Story Idea for Grabs: Power Pony Palooza (Sparity fic)

A "midquel" to Dragon Dropped.

Synopsis:
Spike and Rarity go to the Power Pony Palooza. Initially, Rarity didn't understand much of the Power Pony lores, until Spike reveals the deeper look and the depth to the story behind the pony super heroines. Soon, Rarity finds herself becoming a fan of the power ponies, just as much as Spike is, and they both bonded over their genuine fascination for the stories.

Possible Scene:

Rarity: "Oh wow! Look at the design of these suits! Such exquisite taste!"

Spike: "Yeah! Seeing them on display really helps bring the stories to life! It's almost like you could actually be in the settings of the stories, getting a chance to experience the actions, and the cultures the heroes have inspired, or originated!"

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13