TF2 Bronies 824 members · 151 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Tf2 updated and a lot of things are now changed. With class balance, map modification and competitive. Yes, competitive is finally out!

There is now a new menu, where you can chose to play casual, competitive, MvM or more. To join a game, you will now have to wait until the game finds players that have the same level as you. (yes, there is level and XP now.) Now, if you leave a casual game before the end, you will be punished.

All those things are pretty cool, but I'm not here to talk about that. There is now a new war on Tf2. The Heavy vs Pyro war. In this war, the 2 classes do not gain new items but you choose a side and kill others for your side. The more you kill, the more "votes" your side gets. The more "votes" your side gets, the more chance you have to win the war. The class who will win will obtain new weapons and items.

So... what sides are you on?
I would choose the Pyro but I really wants the heavy to get new weapons.

Yeah, I really want the heavy to get new items, but I don't play him that much.

Also, I've been trying to join a casual game for 45 minutes now... still no luck.:raritydespair:

5345942 Welp, I'm a Pyro main, but Heavy Is in desperate need of something new.

The Brass Beast's damage reduction bonus only works when you have less than 50% health...

I'm guessing you don't like that change. It's not like 12 minutes of NOOOOO!! gave it away or anything.

It made it useful! It could actually be used outside of being a sentry!

Now, I guess the people bitching about it being some kind of "crutch" with its increased damage and high resistance (when the slowdowns force you to be far more careful) got what they wanted. Took too much effort to kill a guy who knew how to use the Beast to its full potential? Nerf it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna sit in a corner and cry.

The class who will win will obtain new weapons and items.

And by new weapons, it's safe to assume they mean more ugly, unwanted reskins of vanilla weapons.

IMO, between this, Overwatch absorbing TF2's annoyed and tired playerbase, and the 2-week trade holds, TF2's dead. :applejackunsure:

Holy crap, they made the Sun on a Stick useful!
The Sydney Sleeper has now radius and friendly fire!
Spy is faster!
The Mediguns and Flamethrowers are now AWESOME!
The Quickiebomb can laid traps!
Teleporters at 50 metal!
I really like this update!

And yeah, I agree with giving the Heavy more weapons. I hope that means actual weapons and not just reskins.

Come on, if the internet has taught us anything (besides the game I just lost) is that gaming fanbases never die. Just look at the guys still playing Halo: Combat Evolved, and not the Anniversary Edition, but the original one.

Yes, a lot of weapons are now usefull or even more awesome then they were before. The only thing I hate about this update is the fact that I waited 2 HOURS!!:flutterrage: and I still havn't joined a single CASUAL game.

Same here. Matchmaking should be optional. Some people learn better by playing agaisnt enemies out of their league.

Pyro players unite!

5345942 Maybe I'd like it if I wasn't penalized for leaving in the middle of a match, and it didn't take so long to find a server! Also, why Heavy v.s. Pyro, there's no grudge between them and they don't have much in common. This isn't like Solider v.s. Demoman where at least the two classes had a special jumping ability. I'm on Team Heavy, but I think I'm going to sit out this update if Valve doesn't fix the bugs ASAP!

5346121 They also made The Spy faster for some reason, made the Overdose even weaker in exchange for a greater speed boost, and all but rendered the Quick Fix unnecessary. And meanwhile, that damn Phlog still hasn't been nerfed (just make it so that all damage you recieve becomes guarnteed crits, then that way it's a double edged sword instead of it's only drawback being the lack of airblast).

I think the war is between heavy and pyro because they get less attention than the other classes, if it's not that, then I don't know.

The phlog does not give you back your health when you taunt now, so it's more of an ambush weapon than a tank weapon.

Dude, the phlog was already nerfed. With the "no healing" part I think it's more balanced because it now punish Pyros who don't take in account where do they end when taunting.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16