Halo and Ponies 947 members · 193 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

So let me ask do you think that ponies could used magic to enhance the tech behind human technology? Example would be bullets that have elemental traits.

Maybe an MA5C and a few Covenant weapons, but something like the DMR, Battle Rifle, maybe even the SMG and a Brute shot are out of the question.

Good, it would work but i don't plan on having ponies just able to replicate the intricacies of the modern gun but maybe they would be able to make bullets, they are simple enough to construct.

Maybe using magic?

Yes maybe but i don't think they can simply remake it don't you think? Would kind of be a cheat or very convenient wouldn't it? Plus it would need to be remade for use by earth ponies and pegasi. Unicorns could uses them as they were intended for humans since levitation magic.

The short answer is yes. It has been proven that unicorns can enchant objects to have interesting effects. Two if the most notable examples are the need it want it spell used on Twilights doll and the Alicorn amulet. Both times the effect appeared to be permanent.

We also know that ponies do indeed have elemental weapons available. Most notably the ice arrows uses during the Equestria games (interesting note, these are Pegasus made) and they can quite literally store lightning in bottles (again Pegasus made).

Bullets can definitely be enchanted to grant them special effects. Elemental, magical or others are possible. All you have to determine is how long can a bullet be enchanted and how easy or difficult it is to accomplish on the large scale needed to supply an army with billions of rounds of varying calibers and sizes.

Yes true enough, but this is only one spartan and these pony are well new to the way of war against the covenant. I plan on having them start off with shoddier versions of assault rifles of the MA5C variant. Considering his knowledge on top of what the ponies have already as weapons no matter how rudimentary

I think it would be more interesting if the ponies were to develop new weapons, maybe inspired to already existing ones, like a repeating crossbow which darts act like the ammo of a needler (considering they have an entire empire so rich of crystals they use them to build houses, it wouldn't be strange if they were able to recreate the blamite used in the needler guns)

+

We also know that ponies do indeed have elemental weapons available. Most notably the ice arrows uses during the Equestria games (interesting note, these are Pegasus made) and they can quite literally store lightning in bottles (again Pegasus made).

Cryo arrows and tempest grenade. Now those would be interesting to see in the battlefield.

True enough but i will have to use all of these in the conflict between the covenant and the ponies :raritystarry:

We'll, in the case of the M6, it has that guard of sorts, making it easier, theoretically, for ponies with hooves to use.

Oiny tech, just like their weapons are all over the place. They have breech loading cannons, mounted on threaded vehicles, but they are for the most part a middle ages kind of military.

Of interesting note is that their industrial capabilities as well as their technological capabilities can reach a 1960's, 1970'era. They have some modern type video games as well and boats that would look at home in modern day Manhattan.

The only thing needed for ponies to develop weapons roughly equivalent to modern ones (or halo for that matter) is time and necessity, currently there is no need for such weapons as no major conflict has been fought in at least centuries.

With their magical capabilities they could potentially skew ballistic weapons and develop energy weapons from literally nothing

I'm in agreement with you there. An explosive crystal similar to the needles ammo existing in Equestria doesn't seem impossible. Matter of fact, it seems like a possible plot point in the show.

Ill be showing ponies in combat against covenant and a needler will make its first appearance. It will horrify them really, but after the fist skirmish with covenant forces they will have gained allies.

I would say applying an electromagnetic field to the munitions of small arms such as the MA series rifles, M6 PDWS, the Battle Rifles would be extremely helpful against the Sangheili's personal shield systems in firefights, while a portable version of a Unicorn's shield would be helpful for holding position against Plasma artillery. If the Pegasi work with ONI to develop a sort of magic-infused device that can manipulate weather could give the UNSC a leg up on controlling the battlefield by causing storms to bombard Covenant ships with magical lightning while identifying UNSC as allies.

Honestly, there's quite a bit of potential in the fusion of magic and science, but I think it'd be rather limiting since Equestria and magic would only be known by a sparse, at most, few thousand professionals and even less would be willing to weaponize their studies.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14