Scootaloo 2,574 members · 3,267 stories
Comments ( 55 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 55

Well, like I said, this is just a hypothesis, going off what we already know about pegasi and Scootaloo in the show thus far. I will admit, there are many kinks to work out with this hypothesis, so I'd have to say that this thread was a bit of a rough draft to something that "appears" to make the a good amount of sense.

To be truthfully honest, with no straight forward answer from the MLP staff and Hasbro, thus far, of Scootaloo's flight inability, I can only assume that more scenarios will surface til they can no longer dodge the bullet to explain why Scootaloo hasn't taken flight to the heavens yet.

And like another commenter had stated, if they can find a way to get Tank to go airborne, they can definitely find a way to let Scootaloo take to the sky, and I don't mean by the slingshot and ramp she used to get to Cloudsdale.

I am not sure canon will ever address it or do so in a satisfactory way. The CMC are a low-priority set of stories compared to the main cast. After giving us more Diamond Tiara in Crusaders of the Lost Mark, she's been dropped nearly entirely from the show, even from CMC episodes that have happened since. We still have nothing of the likes of that or Ponyville Confidential for Silver Spoon. Yes, these are supporting characters for the CMC cast, much the way the Wonderbolts are supporting cast for Rainbow Dash, Photo Finish and Coco Pommel supporting cast for Rarity, and so on. But they're also "dangling story threads" that are interesting, much the way Scootaloo's "flight/disability" is.

As for the "Tank can fly" prosthetic idea, eh. There's a difference between merely being in the air and flying. Maybe that kind of solution would work for Scootaloo, maybe it wouldn't. I could see it either way. She does appear to enjoy simply being up in the sky, as in Sleepless in Ponyville when Rainbow "flew" her. Her antics in Bloom and Gloom and Surf and/or Turf seem to be less about the sky and more about the experience/sensation of flight itself though.

I personally just find the idea of slapping some rotors and a mana-lightbulb-thing on her back to be boring. It doesn't really spark my imagination.

That is a very fine point, on all parts.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 55